OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
That’s Suoerjohns schtick. I mention Hartford has a high murder rate = I’m scared to live my life.

Hey. Maybe you should stay home for a week or so = I was at a crowded gym!

It comes from his father teaching him to disrespect authority.
There he is, the guy who brings up other people's dead family members.

Clearly raised right, a racist who laughs at other people's grief and sorrow.

Bravo.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I called those posters idiots because they kept accusing me of making up that the death toll when the H1N1 was declared over in 2010 was 18,500 deaths worldwide and after reasearch years later it came out the total was 10 to 20 times more than that worldwide. I don't know how many times I have to post it and show them the source and they still say it's not true and I'm making it up. I don't undertand how any of this is fearmongering.

You, me and everyone else here can read the last page of this thread, and I'm not sure where the H1N1 death rate plays into what I was asking you. That is not what I was referencing at all and you know that.

Congrats on being right about your facts on H1N1 though!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to S&S this morning and it was pretty empty. Thought I was done shopping for awhile but forgot to restock cat food.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You, me and everyone else here can read the last page of this thread, and I'm not sure where the H1N1 death rate plays into what I was asking you. That is not what I was referencing at all and you know that.

Congrats on being right about your facts on H1N1 though!
No, I have no clue what fearmongering you're talking about. You keep quoting things I've said that clearly aren't fearmongering.

Do I think we should have already been in some sort of two week lockdown to lessen the spread of this, absolutely. Do I think some people who are sent home and deemed healed are going to have permanent lung scarring, unfortunately yes. Do I think our numbers and other countries #'s are way higher than what we're being told, unfortunately yes. Do I think years down the road we'll find out the numbers were way higher than what they'll be at the end of it like they were with H1N1, unfortunately yes.

If you want to be a dopey chud you can maybe call these things fearmongering.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Walmart closing down stores from 11p-6am. So much for updates to the People of Walmart memes. Yeah, I know they're always a target rich environment for people watching but the midshaft hours have always been best. Wallyworld says they are keeping the employees on the clock for working during those hours.
Publix grocery stores are closing early too so they can re-stock and disinfect overnight.

Reaction Score
Walmart closing down stores from 11p-6am. So much for updates to the People of Walmart memes. Yeah, I know they're always a target rich environment for people watching but the midshaft hours have always been best. Wallyworld says they are keeping the employees on the clock for working during those hours.
Publix grocery stores are closing early too so they can re-stock and disinfect overnight.

People that are deemed essential that have to work through this should honestly be paid overtime, even during there standard 40 hour weeks (hourly employees) for basically keeping us all alive.

Reaction Score
No, I have no clue what fearmongering you're talking about. You keep quoting things I've said that clearly aren't fearmongering.

Do I think we should have already been in some sort of two week lockdown to lessen the spread of this, absolutely. Do I think some people who are sent home and deemed healed are going to have permanent lung scarring, unfortunately yes. Do I think our numbers and other countries #'s are way higher than what we're being told, unfortunately yes. Do I think years down the road we'll find out the numbers were way higher than what they'll be at the end of it like they were with H1N1, unfortunately yes.

His point is you've been talking up all these risks and then still went to the gym yesterday. Which misses the point entirely

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

I appreciate that you have been trying to inform people on here about the risks. It's helpful to share and help other people understand facts and put things into context, which you have done in a lot of your posts.

But at the same time, the posts with no factual backing or over the top statements to incite reactions (like the ones of yours I shared, there are plenty more you've made) is quite literally the definition of fear mongering. You say "it's alarming. This is everywhere now. Isolation is the best way to combat this." and then go to a public gym 4 days later. If the virus is as dangerous and pervasive as you have been claiming (not saying you're wrong - time will tell on that) you shouldn't be putting yourself or others at risk like that.

Feeling the need to call people names to try to bolster your point is usually an indication that your argument isn't as strong as you think it is.

I'm done going back and forth with you because you're just going to keep deflecting from whole point I was trying to make in my original post. You never will admit you're wrong. Have a good day, and if you do go to the gym, Purell the equipment after.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Might have some sort of martial law instituted
Some cities have instituted curfews. I think that makes sense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
just stocking up on items and watching shows we haven't watched because of work and other things.

What is it with the doggone toilet paper hording, geez us older guys need that stuff too.

Just stay safe and prayers that this passes sooner than later and we can get back to our normal sports filled lives

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Interesting trip to two groceries this afternoon, our major chain and TJs. Figured I test my ankle brace by going out and picking up a few things.

Got to witness American Exceptionalism in action at the Giant Eagle. Bread, wiped out. Butcher dept - nothing in their case, although various self-service cases were somewhat stocked (pork more than chicken or beef). Cereals - looked like a tornado hit that aisle. Pasta - all non-premium brands, gone. Eggs - three cartons of $6 organic cage-free dozen packs were left in a case that fits 500 or more cartons. Ice cream half gallons mostly sold out in the popular flavors. Bottled water cases gone (although plenty of single bottles). Obviously no paper products or disinfectant. Surprisingly milk was fine.

Best part was store was jammed yet only me and one 30-something were using the self shopping hand scanners. Everyone else in line and waiting for long times.

So I had to go to TJs for eggs (it's 1/4 mile away). And they were fully stocked. But they were sold out of pasta sauce in addition to pasta. Also sold out of "normal" potato and tortilla chips (although they had plenty of the dark russet chips I love and lots of non-corn tortilla chips). Meat case was full, plenty of bread. Not crowded at all, zipped in and out, no line.

And in both cases, produce was completely stocked.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Interesting trip to two groceries this afternoon, our major chain and TJs. Figured I test my ankle brace by going out and picking up a few things.

Got to witness American Exceptionalism in action at the Giant Eagle. Bread, wiped out. Butcher dept - nothing in their case, although various self-service cases were somewhat stocked (pork more than chicken or beef). Cereals - looked like a tornado hit that aisle. Pasta - all non-premium brands, gone. Eggs - three cartons of $6 organic cage-free dozen packs were left in a case that fits 500 or more cartons. Ice cream half gallons mostly sold out in the popular flavors. Bottled water cases gone (although plenty of single bottles). Obviously no paper products or disinfectant. Surprisingly milk was fine.

Best part was store was jammed yet only me and one 30-something were using the self shopping hand scanners. Everyone else in line and waiting for long times.

So I had to go to TJs for eggs (it's 1/4 mile away). And they were fully stocked. But they were sold out of pasta sauce in addition to pasta. Also sold out of "normal" potato and tortilla chips (although they had plenty of the dark russet chips I love and lots of non-corn tortilla chips). Meat case was full, plenty of bread. Not crowded at all, zipped in and out, no line.

I’ve made a couple trips to Highland Park Market and had similar experiences to yours at TJ. I wouldn’t dare go to Stop and Shop or Target/Walmart.

Reaction Score
Was at the park today, wife walking - me sitting and smoking a stogie. The parks are active, people walking, some with dogs, bike riding and overall just outdoors enjoying the weather. Also practically no one were on their phones. It was like 1982.

Amazing all these years and I never appreciated our parks until there was a crisis. Think I will try and visit a new park every week until fishing season. Might even pack a basket for the Mrs. and I.

Will go to the range, play golf, maybe even try and do some outdoor photography (I'm an amateur) going forward. So many years inside watching Tourneys this time, I never got to notice the trees budding like I did today.

Just saying the outdoors is where its at.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Will go to the range, play golf, maybe even try and do some outdoor photography (I'm an amateur) going forward. So many years inside watching Tourneys this time, I never got to notice the trees budding like I did today.

Trees budding in mid-March above the Mason-Dixon line is a whole other problem.

Reaction Score

This is the new norm, for awhile:
1584299420815.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is the new norm, for awhile:
View attachment 52035

And it's stupid. Quire unnecessary.

And just to take the American Exceptionalism thing a bit further, go to any message board regarding supermarkets reducing hours so they can restock and clean, and you'll find scads of entitled wusses complaining how inconvient it is for them to not shop at 4am when they can safely keep 6 feet apart from others (and on the other extremes, there are families still insist on bringing the kids during busy hours instead of just having one person do the shopping).

We suck as a society. Not sure why I'm surprised given my general usual cynicism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All bars and restaurants shut down in Illinois. My friend says California will go into lockdown by tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom