OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
I didn't go to the gym all week, and I hate it. It's definitely not worth the risk so I'll probably try to keep that up for at least a few weeks
At the gym now, already starting to get a little stir crazy so came here thinking it would be empty. It's maybe more crowded than a normal day.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I already had a stockpile of Tyler Phommachanh stored in my basement. I buy in bulk when it goes on sale. I did not need to buy any for this situation. We did buy a lot of cans of refried beans this week.

Well, if you've got all that Tyler Phommachanh, why not live it up.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
75 degrees, slightly cloudy, all rec league, travel leagues and school sports cancelled, all sports on TV are cancelled. Result? Freaking home improvement stores are slammed as everyone is doing spring cleaning, chores and taking care of house hold stuff.

I'm envious. Would've been a great weekend to take care of my moss issue instead of laying on the couch with an air cast on my ankle. But on the bright side, supposed to snow tonight, and if there's any accumulation, it's now the wife's job!

Reaction Score
20 cases in Connecticut now. Boston mayor shut down all schools for 6 weeks.

Reaction Score
At the gym now, already starting to get a little stir crazy so came here thinking it would be empty. It's maybe more crowded than a normal day.
That sounds about right, I was hoping everyone would stop going and I could justify it

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My sister just ordered food from stop and shops pea pod app. Delivery date was 3/21. A full week right now.

There's no way to give the content a Like, but I can say Thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
There's no way to give the content a Like, but I can say Thanks for the info.
Stop and Shop just sent this email:

Updated Store Hours
In order to allow more time for our associates to unload deliveries, stock shelves, and better serve you throughout the day, we are adjusting our hours to 7:30a.m.-8:00p.m. at most stores beginning Monday, March 16, until further notice. (There may be some exceptions. Please visit your local store location for details. New hours will also be posted on our website Monday.)

Pickup Services Temporarily Suspended
As a result of unprecedented demand as well as product shortages in some areas, we have temporarily suspended our online pickup service until further notice. Our store associates will instead focus on stocking product and other key priorities that will better meet the needs of all customers at this time. The service will be made available again once product availability increases.

Delays with Home Delivery
We recognize that online shoppers may be experiencing delays on our website as well as with our delivery times. This is again due to extremely high demand, and our teams are working incredibly hard to ensure the site is running smoothly so that you can continue to receive orders when you need them.

Reaction Score
The generalization about old people is accurate. Even the group around 55 years old tend to have less global idealism than people in their 20's and 30's. That percentage significantly decreases with people older than 80. But the underlying default of humanity as exemplified by your angry statement stays the same. People are magnanimous up to a point. Self interest or survival is endemic to most individuals. The only difference between you and a myopic senior is how you prioritize various issues.

I've watched many people my age become less inclusive as they progressed in age. They easily justified their attitudinal change because none of us want to admit we care about others up to the point our well being is at risk.

It saddens me to read your statement. You have already reached a place without hope.

I'd argue that self interest and survival is endemic to all individuals. Our perspectives on anything are born from our experiences and by extension limited by our ignorance. In a healthy, fully functioning democracy, both of these perspectives are incorporated into our way of life and eventually refined by the systems that endure from it.

I can see how you'd describe my post as angry, but I'd ask you not to fill in the blanks where there aren't any. Our instinct to self-preserve may work as a double-edged sword, but a commitment to transparency can only liberate and enrich the lives around us. Not one person associated with the networks, businesses, or institutions involved in this process has any interest in that.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

You've been here fear-mongering since day one and have said the only thing we can do to stop the spread is isolate ourselves... Yet you go to a public gym where people are sweating and breathing heavy all over the place.

IDK if you're a bigger hypocrite or @-hole.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

4 days ago.. YIKES!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.34.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.34.34 PM.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 204
Reaction Score
You've been here fear-mongering since day one and have said the only thing we can do to stop the spread is isolate ourselves... Yet you go to a public gym where people are sweating and breathing heavy all over the place.

IDK if you're a bigger hypocrite or @-hole.

He was expecting not to encounter people and was wrong. Doesn't say he stayed and worked out in the packed gym.

Reaction Score
He was expecting not to encounter people and was wrong. Doesn't say he stayed and worked out in the packed gym.
Don't even engage, if there's one thing I've learned the past few days it's that people will reach for anything to try and call this a hoax

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Don't even engage, if there's one thing I've learned the past few days it's that people will reach for anything to try and call this a hoax

Not calling it a hoax. Asking those spreading fear to be accountable for their own actions like they are telling others to abide to.

Reaction Score
Not calling it a hoax. Asking those spreading fear to be accountable for their own actions like they are telling others to abide to.
I'll just be completely honest, I have very little interest in discussing this with anyone who describes it as spreading fear. It's a dangerous and gross mischaracterization

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'll just be completely honest, I have very little interest in discussing this with anyone who describes it as spreading fear. It's a dangerous and gross mischaracterization

Sounds good, wasn't looking to discuss with you anyways. I was asking @superjohn why he can post that the only thing we can do to stop the spread is isolate (among countless other posts claiming how scary this virus is) but then have the bravado to go to a public gym, seemingly against his own advice.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate your concern.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm envious. Would've been a great weekend to take care of my moss issue instead of laying on the couch with an air cast on my ankle. But on the bright side, supposed to snow tonight, and if there's any accumulation, it's now the wife's job!

Went axe throwing tonight as the culmination of son's birthday. Thought jeans and t-shirt was correct attire. Facility had A/C set at 69 degrees and fans pushing that air around. I felt chilly. And then I drank beer and tossed those axes like a champ.
Also, had son cut grass today.
Found out Barkeeper's Friend cleaner works great on drain spouts covered in iron stains from sprinklers.
Today was a good day.

Sorry about your foot.

Plan on playing 27 holes tomorrow on twilight rates. $25 for unlimited golf with cart after 2pm.

Reaction Score
I've been fear mongering like crazy!!!

Reaction Score
Is the bench mark for "fear monger" basically "someone who posted something other than calling people fear mongers"?

Reaction Score
This is so @superjohn . He will use "facts" to put anyone down, and call them "dumber than dirt" but then when his own words gets thrown back in his face he responds like this.

Stop being a bully, stop being a dick. I respect a lot of your opinions about basketball on here, but when you trash other people constantly sometime you deserve to be shown up like this.

Goodnight man, and let's all hope this virus passes with minimal harm and UConn raises #5 in April 2021.

That’s Suoerjohns schtick. I mention Hartford has a high murder rate = I’m scared to live my life.

Hey. Maybe you should stay home for a week or so = I was at a crowded gym!

It comes from his father teaching him to disrespect authority.

Reaction Score
People are going crazy staying home. Where are you going to go?. They drive around endlessly going nowhere. Every kind of entertainment is closed.
This is how life used to be before television and the endless entertainments that characterize living today. People stayed local and relied on themselves for entertainment. They talked more, read books, played music or invented games to amuse themselves. I hate how I have become enslaved to the TV, and while except for live sports the TV options remain in play, I hope this makes me try other activities for fun such as getting outdoors or calling friends who have been out of touch for too long.

Reaction Score
This is so @superjohn . He will use "facts" to put anyone down, and call them "dumber than dirt" but then when his own words gets thrown back in his face he responds like this.

Stop being a bully, stop being a dick. I respect a lot of your opinions about basketball on here, but when you trash other people constantly sometime you deserve to be shown up like this.

Goodnight man, and let's all hope this virus passes with minimal harm and UConn raises #5 in April 2021.
I called those posters idiots because they kept accusing me of making up that the death toll when the H1N1 was declared over in 2010 was 18,500 deaths worldwide and after reasearch years later it came out the total was 10 to 20 times more than that worldwide. I don't know how many times I have to post it and show them the source and they still say it's not true and I'm making it up. I don't undertand how any of this is fearmongering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom