OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
Last night I turned to Sportscenter but no sports. My wife said let’s watch HGTV. Are we sure this is not a plot by them to get rid of our sports?

I wonder how long before ESPN has until they start laying off or furloughing on-air personalities and in-game crews. There is nothing to show right now and nothing to talk about except Coronavirus and what is NOT happening.

Maybe ESPN can return to its roots and show Australian rules football, except they have the virus there too!?!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
One thing that is interesting to me is that Rudy Gobert tested positive and so far we only know that one other Jazz player (Mitchell) tested positive. These players would have been in extremely close quarters with each other every day as of late. Does this say anything about the transmission rates? I would have assumed the way people are talking that every player would have tested positive. I would start quarantining, or at least recommending the quarantine now if I were a federal or state official. Let this thing die down. I know you cant trust China with everything but it seems that the quarantine there has slowed the transmission of the coronavirus, and gotten it under control.
I think it’s weird 58 people in the Utah Jazz organization have been tested and like 100 in Connecticut.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I wonder how long before ESPN has until they start laying off or furloughing on-air personalities and in-game crews. There is nothing to show right now and nothing to talk about except Coronavirus and what is NOT happening.

Maybe ESPN can return to its roots and show Australian rules football, except they have the virus there too!?!
I imagine they can fill the gaps with classic games, 30 for 30 docs, and useless information on LeBron that noone really cares about.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Indeed. And this is why EVERYONE should resist the "OMG everyone stay home" nonsense with every fiber of their being. If everyone does, it's all over. Quite literally.

What qualifications are your pontifications based on?
You obviously know more than everyone at CDC and NIH.

I am not freaking out or hoarding toilet paper but I am married to a woman with a good risk of death if she gets this and your irresponsibility contributing to her and others risk is just getting old. Try shutting up for a few week.
But I am sorry that the strain of this is so hard for you. I hope your righteousness survives the pandemic.

Reaction Score
So basically we're canceling a world meant for young people in order to protect old people who will continue to vote to ruin our planet, segregate our country, and wreck our economy from themselves.
It's meant for people of all ages, you dingbat.

Reaction Score
What qualifications are your pontifications based on?
You obviously know more than everyone at CDC and NIH.

I am not freaking out or hoarding toilet paper but I am married to a woman with a good risk of death if she gets this and your irresponsibility contributing to her and others risk is just getting old. Try shutting up for a few week.
But I am sorry that the strain of this is so hard for you. I hope your righteousness survives the pandemic.
People underestimate how many would be WILLING to help spread the disease. I had a woman cough my way on purpose yesterday as I was just making an effort to keep distance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People underestimate how many would be WILLING to help spread the disease. I had a woman cough my way on purpose yesterday as I was just making an effort to keep distance.

A man in Japan who was positive posted online that he was going to spread it on purpose and then he really did purposely go around to various places like restaurants with the idea of spreading it. I don't believe they said anything about him trying to cough on people or not, but it just goes to show that there are going to be weirdos doing stupid stuff as well.

Reaction Score
This ain't right:

1584196954691.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread was started on Tuesday. It's wild how my thoughts on the matter have whipsawed in just a few days. I'm pretty much just going to stick to home. Maybe really read that book this time. Go for walks where no one is around. I wasn't feeling this way on Tuesday.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My daughter has dance class on Mondays - 5 kids plus instructor, we're still going to that. Library is closed so our weekly trip is on hold - probably a good thing as who sanitizes books? Wife is working from home. I am not and even if I have the option to WFH I might go in as I can sit in my office and don't really need to come into contact with people in person. Not sure about the gym moving forward, I went yesterday and carried the spray bottle around with me. I run outdoors so at least half the time I'm covered. Also not sure about going to restaurants - we normally eat out 1-2 times on the weekends. I'm also heading to the store today to find some art projects for the kids as the next two weeks are going to be challenging.

Reaction Score
A man in Japan who was positive posted online that he was going to spread it on purpose and then he really did purposely go around to various places like restaurants with the idea of spreading it. I don't believe they said anything about him trying to cough on people or not, but it just goes to show that there are going to be weirdos doing stupid stuff as well.
Japanese society has a very low crime rate, so coughing on people might look too out of place. Here? Oh, who cares. Might as well sneeze on each other, too.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
who sanitizes books?

Idk why but this made me laugh...just the idea of a librarian painstakingly wiping down copies of ‘Moby Dick’ and ‘20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.’

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Idk why but this made me laugh...just the idea of a librarian painstakingly wiping down copies of ‘Moby Dick’ and ‘20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.’
I was thinkin' they'd hit stuff sounding in 'picture book of tribal customs.' cuz, you know, snot- nosed pre teen boys and all that. lol.

Reaction Score
We’re not watching sports, and we’re making sure we have toilet paper. Other than that, not doing anything else differently.

Reaction Score

He should be locked up immediately.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well my plans were shot to crap. I just finished the second book in the trilogy I'm reading and now our libraries have shut down. Just when I'm laid up for a couple days and plenty of time for another 800 pager.

I seriously don't think I can do an 800 pager on a screen. Grrr. Hell, I'd go volunteer to wipe down the books if that meant staying open.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Are you sure I need more than I already have?

I'm always looking for a new shotgun, but my wife thinks I have enough. Perhaps I can tell her that the-boneyard says we should probably all be buying guns. Worth a shot I suppose.
I'm thinking ammo might be a better idea right now since CT has a bill that is coming up to increase the tax on ammo by 35%. Then, if it passes you can buy more shotguns with the savings. Appeal to her logic.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabills...illType=Bill&bill_num=HB05700&which_year=2019

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This week has gone from "business as usual" to my daughter's school being closed for at least 2 weeks and my company is full time WFH "until further notice" and some anticipate that could be as long as 2 months.

It's a weird feeling. I'm stocked up pretty well here and would imagine I'll be going 2-3 days at a clip with no actual human interaction for a while.
Does that include the Boneyard?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom