OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know. I just don't get the whole toilet paper role hording thing. I mean, I really think one roll will be enough.

1584307838793.png

Reaction Score
Had a heated argument with my 3 year old daughter pediatrician. She had a 101 fever on Tuesday and they refused to see her unless she and I were tested for Coronavirus. I said there absolutely no reason to be tested for Coronavirus she hasn't left the town we live in for over a week and the closest positive test is Wilton. Next day her fever was at 104 called again they asked if we had been tested yet I told them no but if you refuse to see my daughter and something happens to her you will be hearing from my lawyer. They called me back within a half hour and said they would see her. She has flu strain A just as I told them on the phone that she probably has the flu. But because of their delay we couldn't give her the tamiflu since it had passed the 48 hours. She doing much better today after a rough 3 days

People are acting irrationally everywhere. Its important to control and limit the spread but putting a 3 year at risk is asinine

My daughter experienced something similar for her twins. Were the people pushing back the office staff or the healthcare workers. In my daughters case, it was the office staff on a power trip. Note: my daughter is an oncology nurse at MSK and has solid experience.

Reaction Score
'You are correct there is an economic disaster that is developing...'
ehh, not so fast. mebbe, mebbe not. while I have no firm opinion on that yet, I do like to listen to folks who are way smarter than me. one brilliant observer of 'the economic scene' is gene marks, who along with a bunch of other stuff he does, is now a business writer for the guardian, which mostly comes across as a commie rag for folks like me. gene ain't no commie. specifically, and on john bachelor's show the other day (ol' gene been talking there a long, long time), he noticeably said that, to his eyes, he won't even say that it's certain we'll (as in us, USA) be going into recession. idk, but when that guy, with his rep, says that, well, people like me listen.

Consumer goods should have a great quarter. Can’t wait to see Costco’s, Walmart’s Q1 numbers. Low oil price will help except in the oil industry. Warm spring and if this virus is seasonal in nature may help us. But a vaccine is needed by October.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Consumer goods should have a great quarter. Can’t wait to see Costco’s, Walmart’s Q1 numbers. Low oil price will help except in the oil industry. Warm spring and if this virus is seasonal in nature may help us. But a vaccine is needed by October.

Best friend is operations director for a trucking company. He said it's crazy trying to get all goods shipped. One if their big clients is Georgia Pacific. I told him they may need to hire private security for those truck loads with Tyler Phommachanh.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, while at Walmart some random observations on hoarding.
In the bread aisle every loaf of every manufacturer was gone except a handful of Peppridge Farm Rye bread.Went over to the bakery and grabbed some brioche and some sliced sourdough.
Almost all peanut butter was gone except some of the organic almond butter blends. There were plenty of jelly options.
Pasta was almost completely gone but plenty of sauce options.
Cereal, Pop tarts, protein and granola bars were aplenty but pancake mix was almost out.
All the paper products were gone.
All bleach and cleaning disinfectants were gone except one case of Clorox wipes. I grabbed one tub. Included in the hoarding was the Bar Keepers Friend cleaner O was looking for which seemed odd to ha e a run on that.
Pillsbury biscuits and croissants were scarce. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Reaction Score
Also, while at Walmart some random observations on hoarding.
In the bread aisle every loaf of every manufacturer was gone except a handful of Peppridge Farm Rye bread.Went over to the bakery and grabbed some brioche and some sliced sourdough.
Almost all peanut butter was gone except some of the organic almond butter blends. There were plenty of jelly options.
Pasta was almost completely gone but plenty of sauce options.
Cereal, Pop tarts, protein and granola bars were aplenty but pancake mix was almost out.
All the paper products were gone.
All bleach and cleaning disinfectants were gone except one case of Clorox wipes. I grabbed one tub. Included in the hoarding was the Bar Keepers Friend cleaner O was looking for which seemed odd to ha e a run on that.
Pillsbury biscuits and croissants were scarce. Wouldn't have guessed that.
People aren't touching the.rye? It's St. Paddy's, gotta have some rye for your corned beef.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
People aren't touching the.rye? It's St. Paddy's, gotta have some rye for your corned beef.

This is about the most American comment I think I've ever seen here.

Homeland Irish don't eat corned beef. Kosher butchers basically invented corned beef as we know it. Irish immigrants adopted it as they were often living side-by-side with Jewish immigrants in crappy urban areas. And then it took a Lithuanian living in Omaha to invent the reuben.

Reaction Score

Homeland Irish don't eat corned beef. Kosher butchers basically invented corned beef as we know it. Irish immigrants adopted it as they were often living side-by-side with Jewish immigrants in crappy urban areas. And then it took a Lithuanian living in Omaha to invent the reuben.

If he said "St.Patty's day," that would of been more American...

Reaction Score

No s***??? I was under the impression Katz's and 2nd Avenue were opened by Rory and Padraig.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No s***??? I was under the impression Katz's and 2nd Avenue were opened by Rory and Padraig.

And here I had you figured for someone who didn't follow golf because it was elitist ;-)

Reaction Score
And here I had you figured for someone who didn't follow golf because it was elitist ;-)
That's funny, those were the most Irish names that popped in my head. Didn't even think of them.

Reaction Score
Obv schools are out. They just closed my son's dorms at school so he is on his way home.

And I still have to go into the city for work tomorrow...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom