Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The AAC office calls for the reviews. None of the plays should have been reviewed. ACC office was looking to review plays to benefit Wake.. There were no reviews on some of the terrible ball spots by the refs. This reminds me of the Duke game last year where they review a targeting call against Uconn and determine there was no targeting. The ACC office requested that it be reviewed again and then the review was reversed and our best defensive player got thrown out of the game.
Twice now we have also snapped the ball and then had them blow the whistle to review a play. I'm fairly certain that isn't even allowed??

Reaction Score
It was total chaos and I am 100% positive at least one of the chain refs started moving forward (if not both) as if it were a first down. The stadium PA did his 1st down schtick, the crowd was pumped, etc. And we played the next play like it was 1st down.

Field refs should have blew whistles and stopped the play,

By the way…

There la just no gosh darn way you can run that “let’s snap the ball, have our QB & RB hold the ball, sit down, set up a table, and have tea & crumpets for 5 seconds RPO without also having anyone from the D make it into the backfield to TFL without egregious offensive line holding going in. That crap was ridiculous.
The entire offense is built on holding. If they were to beat someone like Miami playing this style of football, their offense would start getting flagged out of existence. it's a "well they can't call a penalty every play" thing

Reaction Score
"Old Guy" has read every post. It seems that one who was not at the game could say the refs favored the other team. For sure, if so, that makes it difficult to be playing 17 individuals rather than 11. I believe it falls to the team, and coaches to make sure that the refs are not able to be the deciding factor. Make the catches that can be caught, complete the passes to receivers that are open and the game can be won, refs aside. Tape of the game should be sent to the NCAA officials, and see if bad calls can be reviewed. If call is correct lose a down, or in the final 2 min time off the clock. Sounds like a good size crowd. Beat Rice and move forward. Go Huskies, Thanks for great posts and hopefully another good crowd for the rice game.....

Reaction Score
The entire offense is built on holding. If they were to beat someone like Miami playing this style of football, their offense would start getting flagged out of existence. it's a "well they can't call a penalty every play" thing
We had 2 weeks to prepare, and we didn’t figure out anything.

Reaction Score
But would you really want an ACC invite over the B12 at this point or even the BIG... not saying any invite is forthcoming but I really do NOT care to join the ACC like I once did. That conference as a whole and its schools acting independently do NOT help support our College Football aspirations - so either blaze your own trail or - keep knocking on the door to the club with the bouncer joking to the members inside... hey hahaha look who showed up again. Simply don't show up - ignore them, let them play with their ball, and let them compare themselves to the Bigger P2 conferences and see what happens. Cause 50% of them are not getting in. Imagine Syracuse regulated to non-P2 status. OR even Miami. Imagine BC whining because their big pay days are behind them. Well, I don't care because I put UCONN above all of them no matter who we play or what our conference is! I Simply PUT UCONN FIRST!
I’d be happy with either. As long as Yormark is commissioner, Big 12 appears to be far more proactive.

Reaction Score
The loss is on Mora. He started the wrong QB out of NIL loyalty, and babied him because of the concussion. It’s obvious we now have a running QB who they aren’t going to run. And his throws were off.
Evers played as well as Joe did two weeks ago and did it against better competition. The QB play is what it is, there's not much separating the two at the moment. However, Evers has the higher ceiling and so he's the one the coaches have decided to roll with.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I came home to see what the announcers said and both said a game shouldn't end that way. That is on the officiating crew and shallowing their whistles as they did a few times during the game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Does Evers have what it takes to be the on-field brain of the offense? I think no.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lots of whining about the refs but we played an awful game on offense and didn't deserve to win.

Our ceiling is capped with Evers as the QB going forward. Its just too hard to put up points when you can't hit big plays downfield. You're forced to execute long drives and have very little margin for error.

Not saying Evers was the reason we lost, he made some nice throws in 4Q, but maybe we're good enough to beat the dregs of fbs but that's about it.

Reaction Score
Evers did run a couple of times for a few yards but he seemed like he was seeing ghosts. Very tentative. He ran like he was sure he was going to get hurt.

Not sure why they waited until the end of the fourth quarter to open up the passing game. Also not sure why we don’t use the TE’s more. We have a couple of good ones.

Not a single holding call does make you wonder. I feel like that has happened to us before.

I think our O line is a little over hyped. I know there were injuries but that’s two weeks in a row they couldn’t make holes big enough to run through.

A little disappointing but it’s nice to be competitive again. 2 of our 3 losses were winnable games. Sucks they didn’t win but last year most of the games were over in the first quarter. Some people don’t think we should accept that. Baby steps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom