Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I'm glad coach called out this ACC BS. The jealousy and disdain the conference has over UConn has been evident for years. There is no reason we shouldn't have received a conference invite. Now, were seeing this bias on the field with bias refereeing. Enough is enough.
Exactly. These are college kids seeing the lack of integrity of an "adult" red. I hope Mora pursues it.

Reaction Score
Wow, it’s a new kind of feeling for a UConn fan like me. Screwgey, but what ya going to do.

Glad HCJM went off.

I just hope our educated fb fan base doesn’t go too ham over the non call.

Ps Stadium/ Crowd looked good on tv. AD could put some blow up dolls in those pricey blue chair backs up close.

1729376179241.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The team is super resilient and the coaches need to fight and execute at the same level. Super irritated with;

1. These short marks need to be contested
2. when the game is on the line you got to know what down you’re on. No excuse for that.
3. Sammis’ run offense is now schemed out and easily defended.
4. Starting RPO Evers when there is no R and the P is marginal was a huge mistake. How many throws were in the dirt? Critical interception at the start of the game. You ride the horse that’s been winning.
5. D was not able to effectively adjust. 3-3 against the scrum delayed RPO offense wasn’t working because there was to much beef and sending safeties and light LBs wasn’t the answer.

Coaches have to do better, bottom line.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Intellectually I know losses like this will make UConn a better team. Intellectually I know it's just going to make the chip on our shoulder that much bigger.

But wow I am still so angry we didn't get a fair chance to tie or win that game -- that that ACC crew actively chose to end the game as we threatened to score.

I know how I feel and I can't even imagine how angry Mora must be. He's gonna pacing and muttering for days.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Screwed by the ACC and/or their refs?. Next ACC game enlist Big 10 refs. Or is it a condition that only ACC refs can work any ACC team vs UConn? BTW, who is calling the UConn/Rice?
It’s usually the away team’s conference refs, so I’m pretty sure Rice will have AAC refs. Problem for us we have no conference refs when we do the return game so we get hosed there too.

Reaction Score
We certainly didn’t play our best for 3 and a half quarters against wat is honestly a mediocre team, having said that, I can’t think of a time I have watched a game that was that one sided with a referee crew, ACC crew or not.. it was downright criminal how many holding calls they missed. Even the announcers were confused and calling out that crew

Reaction Score
It's not right. And it's not enough to say, "Oh well, what can you do?" This needs to stop. If that ref thought he could be fined, lose good status as a referee, or even be fired, he makes the right call. A guy like that does things for his own personal reasons because HE KNOWS HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.
because he can get away with it or because the ACC conference is paying him and this is what they want - and this is what is going in their back room????

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Intellectually I know losses like this will make UConn a better team. Intellectually I know it's just going to make the chip on our shoulder that much bigger.

But wow I am still so angry we didn't get a fair chance to tie or win that game -- that that ACC crew actively chose to end the game as we threatened to score.

I know how I feel and I can't even imagine how angry Mora must be. He's gonna pacing and muttering for days.

We didn't lose because of that no call...
We didn’t but that was a terrible way to end a high major football game

Reaction Score
Refs are judged by their accuracy. They go through performance film reviews. No ref is throwing their job because of Wake Forest vs UConn?????? Lol You guys are high
so your saying that was not holding not PI and was a good no call... Please tell me - that Coach Jim Mora got it wrong and that you are able to see or rather not see the things we saw! Please tell me how you do that? Because I want to know how NOT to be that deficient in the seeing eyes department. Please tell me how you officiate a college football game and defend not one flag being thrown for holding? HOW???? ....and then tell me how refs are doing a good job by not doing their job?

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
No. This one is on a fourth string offensive guard who got impatient and/or confused and moved too quickly leaving 4th and 8 vs 4th and 3. Tis one is on a blatant non-call. The coaches put us in position to win. C'mon! Nobody's perfect. We're competitive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so your saying that was not holding not PI and was a good no call... Please tell me - that Coach Jim Mora got it wrong and that you are able to see or rather not see the things we saw! Please tell me how you do that? Because I want to know how NOT to be that deficient in the seeing eyes department. Please tell me how you officiate a college football game and defend not one flag being thrown for holding? HOW???? ....and then tell me how refs are doing a good job by not doing their job?
No the refs missed the call. It was an ergegious miss. But it happens every Saturday and Sunday.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me what happened on the almost interception off the WF players foot? I swear it was 2nd down and after that play they said it was 4th and 1. I was at the game and no one around me knew what the just happened

Reaction Score
Game management has been awful. Playcalling has mostly been fine. I feel like we need to hire a game management/stat nerd guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom