Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Mora’s got a 5 year plan going forward - 2 years of Evers followed by 3 of Welliver. He’ll get his turn as a backup next year and then he’ll lead us to the promised land over the next 3.

This all assumes we can keep him…
I actually think the plan is more accelerated than you think.

I think this year is a year for Welliver to mature, understand the play book and concepts, and sharpen his skills. Next year, I fully expect there to be a legit competition between those two QBs (and any other portal acquisitions) to start...

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Wake defense is better than temples. I mean, come on people.
We can go in circles, but the data doesn’t support this. I gave the team defense ratings above. How about passer rating against?

Temple - 67th (131.6)
Wake - 117th (155.2)

None of this is apples to apples, but let’s not pretend Evers was throwing against a good defense.

Reaction Score
We can go in circles, but the data doesn’t support this. I gave the team defense ratings above. How about passer rating against?

Temple - 67th (131.6)
Wake - 117th (155.2)

None of this is apples to apples, but let’s not pretend Evers was throwing against a good defense.
The P4 schedule is light years ahead of what temple does. Wake Forest strength of schedule is 50. Temple is 98.

They have games against Clemson, ole Miss, Virginia , nc state already.

UConn is 4-0 against G6 teams and 0-3 against P4. There is a reason for that.

Reaction Score
Redshirting is not a bad thing with Welliver. He needs weight room strength and add some mobility. We know he has the arm.
agreed. i shoudl have said that I did not mean that comment as in, "welliver must play now" in 2024 - that imaginary QB i'm talking about, might not even be Welliver.
  • UConn's QB may still not be on the roster
  • I would hate if CW left before getting a legit shot at the job (next year or whenever)

Reaction Score
Mora’s got a 5 year plan going forward - 2 years of Evers followed by 3 of Welliver. He’ll get his turn as a backup next year and then he’ll lead us to the promised land over the next 3.

This all assumes we can keep him…
"assumes" is right - I love your plan in a pre-NIL/revenue share world, where the recruiting door is high school. But in this world, there is no more front door. anyone can come in and save the day. So the 2+3 model with those boys is unlikely, in this age.

IMO - (all else equal or better than UConn, program-wise) would YOU wait if you had a more promising offer to make an immediate impact at another FBS school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom