Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a mandatory ref post game press conference.
I absolutely loathe that officials in sports are never held to any real standard or accountability in sports. Don’t get me wrong, they deal with a lot of crap (especially from fans), but they also don’t make it any easier on themselves when they do crap like this.

Reaction Score
That 3 and 1 call and then not going for it on 4th and 1 sealed the game. Did not like that decision. Also, seemed like the spot they gave us was bad again
That was coaching malpractice. The announcer called the previous play a 1st down, but the ball was marked short. I think they called a pass thinking it was 1st down. The announcer and the board called it a 1st, but the refs never gave the signal and the yard markers never moved. Coaches should have known that.

Reaction Score
So, long view, where were we 12 months ago? Where are we now? I’ll take now.

Too much to consider to be coherent. Evers showed glimmers, got in a full game, first ever? Needs to be the winning qb next week against Rice and run 6x for 40-50 yds.

Defense comes up when needed, great stuff!

Sammis and Evers development has to have a positive trajectory. Should be a lot to glean from today for the future, hopefully shows up next week.

Reaction Score
Defense was tremendous once again. Late non-call may have cost us the game, but if Nick completes routine passes in the first half or the OL doesn’t get pushed around, it wouldn’t have mattered.
I disagree. I thought the d line didn't get enough penetration. And, that first series of second half was a killer.

Got beat on both lines today. No. Run game a killer.

Thought Evers really did a nice job of bouncing back.

Reaction Score
Well, at least you have everyone lambasting the call on national TV. Makes me feel better for UConn to get some sympathy for all the crap calls and no-calls we always have to deal with.
I wish we were in a P4 to not have to deal with this bias. It is what it is and more and more I really HATE the ACC... Should we ever get into a P4 not of the ACC ilk, I would love it we never scheduled another game with any team in that conference. Those teams and that conference have done more to damage UConn football than anything or anyone else!

Reaction Score
There is plenty of time to look inward to dissect our issues as yes we could have been better - and Mora was lighting up Sammis up and down in tbe first half for those who were there and saw it on the sideline.

But save the whole high and mighty don't blame the refs crap.
It was a hideous and intentional non call.

I know we are playing a tightrope where the higher ups would love an invite to the ACC and they might not want to say anything derogatory to anything related to the ACC but I respect Mora for losing his sh--. You can't coach all week and poor your whole life into it and then let the refs just bend you over when the game is on the line.

By the way don't forget the blatant pass interference not called down the sideline deep at Duke that may have cost us that game as well.

Reaction Score
Glass half full guy here, just got back from the Rent. Big picture: we are not playing for a conference championship. We are not playing for a playoff spot. We ARE playing for a bowl bid. We have a very realistic path to get there. Today we drew 30k, and mostly the fans (many returning to the fold for the first time in ages) saw a good competitive game against an evenly matched opponent from a power league. So before you overreact to one loss, it's important to keep this in perspective. This will still be a good season.

Reaction Score
The worst officiating that I can remember witnessing live.

Wake's offensive line held on close to 1/3 of the plays and tackled a defensive lineman at least eight different times. No call.

Their DB's held on about a half dozen plays and there were four blatant interference penalties, all with no calls.

BS officiating for the entire gam

Was at game, didn't listen to announcers. Was it really that bad?

Reaction Score
I was asking in that chat why holds weren't being called on Wake?

I think we have our answer.
BTW -this game I repeat 0 holding calls - have you ever seen a game with no holding calls. I was there I sat on WF side and every time they shouted Wake Forest - I shouted SUX at the top of my lungs. This team is to me like BC, Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and like so many of them in their conference! Sure will kick their butts in Basketball, but in Football you will never ever, beat these teams when their conference is looking weak because they will have their REFS "Call" the game! I really don't want to see them schedule another ACC team. Why? as Mora said, The REFS of the ACC don't have a level playing field! so _______________EM! The other thing I was thinking is maybe the fans should go to the games with yellow flag beanies to throw on the field and do the job the REFS wont do. Also, one comical commentary I heard from ESPN radio, About the bad call, ... Those guys wearing the stripe uniforms better coral the horses before leaving! Not sure the last time I heard that from announcers! Coach Mora also feels that what happened is because UConn is an independent and WF is in a P4! Now one thing I will say is that even Randy Edsall felt this way about UConn too. So I am wondering what is up with UConn getting so little respect???

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The worst officiating that I can remember witnessing live.

Wake's offensive line held on close to 1/3 of the plays and tackled a defensive lineman at least eight different times. No call.

Their DB's held on about a half dozen plays and there were four blatant interference penalties, all with no calls.

BS officiating for the entire game.
This!!!

If people want to know how 5 OLs can withstand 6 defensive players for 4 seconds every "mesh" run play, it's with severe holding...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He came out hot and said it was BS (full version) and went off on the refs being ACC, but also said that the game should not come down to the last play a few times, someone asked a question about the refs and he went off and said it shouldn't come down to the last play, but they at least deserve a F-bomb fair game. Then asked if anyone else had any questions and everyone was sort of shocked in silence and he left. It lasted a little over a minute.
Also went off on someone asking if there was a silver lining. Frankly, coaching staff put an unprepared team out there to start the game.

Reaction Score
Absurd call. No guarantee we win if they got it right but an absolute joke and I’m glad mora ripped into them and can’t wait to hear it
We would have likely with a conservative estimate kick a tying field goal and then it goes into OT... Let the kids play and let the play decide who wins1 I mean if we want to make decisions for kids then just flip the coin and winner of the coin toss is declared the winner so we can all go home! Save 4.5 hours. Not wrestle with the idea of good coaching or fundamentals. Mora is Ticked! I expect our next game will be high octane energy - JET FUEL to a forest fire! (burn baby burn)- feel sorry for our opponent - NOT! and guarantee this is going to be used for every subsequent game! We lost yes, But his reaction will get me back in the stands again!

Reaction Score
I'm glad coach called out this ACC BS. The jealousy and disdain the conference has over UConn has been evident for years. There is no reason we shouldn't have received a conference invite. Now, were seeing this bias on the field with bias refereeing. Enough is enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom