Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The worst officiating that I can remember witnessing live.

Wake's offensive line held on close to 1/3 of the plays and tackled a defensive lineman at least eight different times. No call.

Their DB's held on about a half dozen plays and there were four blatant interference penalties, all with no calls.

BS officiating for the entire game.
I was asking in that chat why holds weren't being called on Wake?

I think we have our answer.

Reaction Score
would Jim Calhoun have been proud of Mora's press conference?
For sure. Unfortunately UConn is probably taking it down anywhere it is on the internet, so it may be difficult to find.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How is it fair to have an ACC refereeing crew
It's very fair when the crew knows on the return game another conference's officials will have the opportunity to settle any scores. When you're an independent (not named Note Dame) and you bring officials from whatever conference may have a spare crew, well......

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
UConn robbed by the refs, with their Power5 bias obviously showing. They were the better team today. Feel bad for the kids. This loss probably cost UConn a Top-25 bid and Bowl Game invite to boot.
UConn was NOT the better team- QB play and play-calling were putrid until desperation time when it was too late. WF lines outplayed ours most of the game. Bowl-game invite? Uconn has 5 more games to win two for bowl eligibility.

Reaction Score
He has every right to be upset and should rip into the refs. I hope he also held himself accountable because he coached a bad game.
He came out hot and said it was BS (full version) and went off on the refs being ACC, but also said that the game should not come down to the last play a few times, someone asked a question about the refs and he went off and said it shouldn't come down to the last play, but they at least deserve a F-bomb fair game. Then asked if anyone else had any questions and everyone was sort of shocked in silence and he left. It lasted a little over a minute.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How is it fair to have an ACC refereeing crew

i'd love to see refs picked for a game roughly the same way an arbitrator is picked for arbitration.

Each team is given a list of refs that are available. Each team gets to strike a certain number from the list, then rank ~five in order of preference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Same reason they didn't call the blatant pass interference they were staring at to end the game. ACC crew, they didn't want UConn winning that game.
To whoever reads this and can do it, make that play and Mora's post game comments go worldwide.

Reaction Score
PI.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn was NOT the better team- QB play and play-calling were putrid until desperation time when it was too late. WF lines outplayed ours most of the game. Bowl-game invite? Uconn has 5 more games to win two for bowl eligibility.
I thought both the O line and D line for Wake was better. Having a six year QB also helped.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom