Wake Forest Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Absurd call. No guarantee we win if they got it right but an absolute joke and I’m glad mora ripped into them and can’t wait to hear it
We would have likely with a conservative estimate kick a tying field goal and then it goes into OT... Let the kids play and let the play decide who wins1 I mean if we want to make decisions for kids then just flip the coin and winner of the coin toss is declared the winner so we can all go home! Save 4.5 hours. Not wrestle with the idea of good coaching or fundamentals. Mora is Ticked! I expect our next game will be high octane energy - JET FUEL to a forest fire! (burn baby burn)- feel sorry for our opponent - NOT! and guarantee this is going to be used for every subsequent game! We lost yes, But his reaction will get me back in the stands again!

Reaction Score
You do something that bad on your job, you lose your
I think it would keep the refs a little more honest. If they reviewed and it's overturned, they look like fools.
job. That should go for refs at all levels.

Reaction Score
How can a coaching staff not know what down it is? Listening to the PA announcer to call your next offensive play?

Reaction Score
I'm glad coach called out this ACC BS. The jealousy and disdain the conference has over UConn has been evident for years. There is no reason we shouldn't have received a conference invite. Now, were seeing this bias on the field with bias refereeing. Enough is enough.

Reaction Score
I absolutely loathe that officials in sports are never held to any real standard or accountability in sports. Don’t get me wrong, they deal with a lot of crap (especially from fans), but they also don’t make it any easier on themselves when they do crap like this.
There really needs to be some sort of accountability. If you suck at pretty much any other job you get demoted/fired for poor performance.

I'm not exactly sure how you do it but when there's this much money involved, betting, conference crews running a game where one of their own teams is playing against another team that has nothing to do with their conference there needs to be some guardrails. Mistakes happen but when there's blatant missed calls and made up calls it calls into question whether you're just bad at your job or you're cheating. All of it needs to be under a microscope and there needs to be some accountability.

Reaction Score
There really needs to be some sort of accountability. If you suck at pretty much any other job you get demoted/fired for poor performance.

I'm not exactly sure how you do it but when there's this much money involved, betting, conference crews running a game where one of their own teams is playing against another team that has nothing to do with their conference there needs to be some guardrails. Mistakes happen but when there's blatant missed calls and made up calls it calls into question whether you're just bad at your job or you're cheating. All of it needs to be under a microscope and there needs to be some accountability.
Just think what the ref is taking from other people. He doesn't even have to say anything for himself.

Reaction Score
I think , no I know that a high number of us fans are talking / complaining out of frustration.
Yes, they should've played better, but like Mora said, that has NOTHING to do with the ref. That ref had NO RIGHT to not make that call.

Reaction Score
Between no call on all the holding with Wake mesh offense and this obvious pass interference call, UConn had no chance.

Did UConn play great? No but I thought the defense played well and the offense played better towards the end before this no call.

ACC refs screw Uconn when we played Duke with no call on pass interference and now this. This is just bs.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe - if there is a next time that we see any of these guys our QB throws the ball at one of the stripped shirts and he is monster tackled.... Just saying - it can get confusing out there! I mean What is a Hold really? DUH! Or maybe he was so shocked at the blatant play he witnessed he just forgot to pull out the yellow flag. SO yea, maybe one of our guys simply tackles the REF into the ground not realizing he was just the REF! Just saying not wanting to actual see this - WINK WINK!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welp, just catching up and I suspect I know most of what's in 120 posts preceding this one.

1. We've gotten to the point where a QB completing 60% of his passes for over 260 yards and two TD's is a detriment to success. What a mess the passing game was. Evers can't roll right and thrown a pass with any accuracy. Low, high, left, right. And then we he through left to the WR's or RB's there were at least 3 drops and one slip. So, at least 7-8 passes where Sammis' drew up the play and the yards were there to be gotten and UConn got zilch.
2. No idea why Hoeh couldn't snap a ball today. Wrist or arm injury? He didn't look heavily wrapped on his snapping arm.
3. I don't know if it's Evers' head or if the coaches told him not to run, but WF quickly figured out he wasn't running and completely sold out on stopping the RB's on the outside zone read.
4. Credit to Brock for getting aggressive in the second half against the slow mesh. UConn still allowed a ton of yardage to the RB's after contact.
5. WF held like crazy on a few of the QB scrambles and none got called. Same for a couple of those completions right as UConn was making contact.
6. 23 points against a P4 school especially given the field position WF had, is nothing to be ashamed of. It's 2024. You hold your opponent to 23 points, you should win.
7. Once again, no conference affiliation means no conference office to vent to about officiating and the ACC refs always screw UConn at the Rent.
8. Two games in a row UConn waits until the 4th qtr to find Buckman.
9. McDonald was laying wood all game.
10. RB by committee has to go. These RB's need reps for rhythm. Time to piss off at least one of them and start shortening the rotation.

How nice is it to be 4-3, it's late October and pissed about a loss?

Reaction Score
I just got home from that mess, and I am soooo pissed still. Not only was that a a missed PI, as everyone else noted here not a single hold call the entire game (you literally could have called on every play), they also screwed us 4 seconds on Buckman's catch on the sideline they reviewed. It was clearly out of bounds yet they started the game clock instead of the play clock before the next play, and thye porked us on like 4 or 5 spots both ways.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, and on our end - first of all we should have known it was 3 and inches and did a sneak or run, but even after we threw an incompletion we should have went for it right there on 4 and inches. Also on the last set of downs how about trying to get a few yards on something safe so we are 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th and manageable instead of taking a dumb shot 30 yards up the field and out of bounds. Where is our time and situation awareness.

Hopefully players and coaches are pissed too, like after Maryland and it fuels us the rest of the year.

Reaction Score

Needs to be no conference refs with random assignments. You are right on the betting thing.

Reaction Score
I particularly liked the 3 reviews today. All 3 went UConn's way on the field and obviously none were overturned because none were even close. Why are they even being reviewed in the first place. Aside from the refs, it kills the pace of play too. Temple game had 4 reviews and none were overturned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom