Vance is Transferring | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading the Zag ... seriously Mr Jackson Sr, you are out of your element making evaluation comments like those. And I think Vance should learn to be a big boy now. Most transfers like this - in my observation over the last 10 years - does not lead to a better fit. Since we need a Team of guys who learn to play a role for Wins, your comment about Wins is wholly insane. VANCE JR had a good year ... let's hope he finds his path.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can you and @HuskyHawk get in a diametrically opposed argument or something?

At least I have my priorities straight. I think his Hawk stands for Iowa Hawkeyes but I'm not positive. Kansas and Iowa are diagonally opposed, is that good enough?

Reaction Score
Not surprised with the decisions made today of our youth and\or parental advice....I suspect we all had moments with ourselves or our children at some point.
But what is certain.
We all live with our decisions....life goes on....and what is meant to happen will....goodwill to all
I kinda like what will happen at UCONN

Reaction Score
At least I have my priorities straight. I think his Hawk stands for Iowa Hawkeyes but I'm not positive. Kansas and Iowa are diagonally opposed, is that good enough?

We discussed this a few years ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of your name at the time of making mine.

And the Hawks in question are those of my undergraduate alma mater - the Mountain Hawks of Lehigh University. 2012 tourney anyone...??? ;)

Reaction Score
Hmmm... I'm sorry to see him go. He had a lot of potential to be a real nice player down the road. Seems pretty clear that there was some dissension in the locker room and some of it dealt with the collective selfishness of the players. In Vance's case, he thought he should be more than just a standstill 3 point shooter. And maybe he is right. He does have more skills than that but those skills are not tight enough to be a DHam type which is what I think they wanted.

I've been saying from early on that this was one of the more selfish UConn teams of the recent past. Too many players trying to make the shot, not enough willing to do the little things or the dirty work.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I wasn't sure yesterday but woke this morning to see the sun did rise.

You actually saw it? We had fog and rain again. I haven't actually see it in several days.

Reaction Score
If this was Duke, UNC even Cuse...players would not be tweeting. This is out of control. Ollie, AD Dave, SOMEONE needs to tell these kids to STOP with this public cherade. Sad face emojis, song lyrics, quotes about being for the team or whatever ALL OF THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS SOMETHING. Basketball is the most important thing in these kids lives. Every tweet has something to do with their dreams/aspirations/emotions.

Someone needs to control this social media BS because its getting flat out embarrassing and looks like this is a high school program. It literally reminds me of high school drama.

ACT LIKE PROFESSIONAL'S. JC WOULD NEVER LET ANY OF THIS HAPPEN.

Reaction Score
If this was Duke, UNC even Cuse...players would not be tweeting. This is out of control. Ollie, AD Dave, SOMEONE needs to tell these kids to STOP with this public cherade. Sad face emojis, song lyrics, quotes about being for the team or whatever ALL OF THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS SOMETHING. Basketball is the most important thing in these kids lives. Every tweet has something to do with their dreams/aspirations/emotions.

Someone needs to control this social media BS because its getting flat out embarrassing and looks like this is a high school program. It literally reminds me of high school drama.

WTF are you talking about? Every team that has college kids playing, has college kids tweeting stupid things. Hell, pro teams have professional players tweeting stupid things.

Reaction Score
WTF are you talking about? Every team that has college kids playing, has college kids tweeting stupid things. Hell, pro teams have professional players tweeting stupid things.

I do not believe that. If another program that was well run had multiple players transferring I think the players would get a message from the staff that says do not publicly discuss this on any social media outlet. Apparently these kids are doing "Instagram Live's" and saying stupid stuff as well.

Look- I'm all for social media, thats the way the world is going nowadays...but I just have to believe that there are programs out there that have a handle on their kids social media when something negative like this happens to the program.

Professionals (some) act stupid on social media, but they're being paid and honestly, probably makes the NBA more money by tweeting out drama. But you can't encourage kids from a college program, where recruits are following them etc. to be "tweeting through" their emotions. It's just not a good look.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that. If another program that was well run had multiple players transferring I think the players would get a message from the staff that says do not publicly discuss this on any social media outlet. Apparently these kids are doing "Instagram Live's" and saying stupid stuff as well.

Look- I'm all for social media, thats the way the world is going nowadays...but I just have to believe that there are programs out there that have a handle on their kids social media when something negative like this happens to the program.

Professionals (some) act stupid on social media, but they're being paid and honestly, probably makes the NBA more money by tweeting out drama. But you can't encourage kids from a college program, where recruits are following them etc. to be "tweeting through" their emotions. It's just not a good look.
I doubt there are many major D1 college coaches that would come down hard on kids tweeting cryptic emojis or vague statements. This is the world today and a college coach coming down hard on pretty innocuous use of social media is not a way to tell prospective recruits, "hey, you should come here". I think maybe you need to be a little more realistic about this.

Reaction Score

Wrong. Actually JC let the players use social media, including twitter.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Hey at least the Jackson's are generally taking the high road and not burning bridges. Public statements haven't taken any real shots and have mostly been appreciative. It will probably be best for all parties in the end and I wish them luck.

If anything this whole experience will make me miss Rodney even more. He obviously bleeds blue and doesnt put up w/ BS. Hope that attitude sticks with the guys that are staying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog