Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Devon is not 3 position size - he is similar to Adams - maybe +1 inch? Earlier in the thread someone asked me so I answered. Stairmaster' conspiracy theories are just that. Your war on Calhoun is just strange to me. And you never seem to acknowledge all the good community service work he does.
Wha...???
Ok, I give up trying to understand, particularly how those last 3 sentences relate to my post.

Reaction Score
Let's talk about actual facts and not whether he is 6'3-6'5...Daniels is a very efficient scorer and good defender. He also rebounded at a higher rate than Adams, Purvis, Vital or Vance did last year. I'd have no issue starting him and Vital on the wings and AG running point in '18.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wha...???
Ok, I give up trying to understand, particularly how those last 3 sentences relate to my post.
That was pure insanity... it made me laugh out loud at my desk like an idiot.

Reaction Score
Let's talk about actual facts and not whether he is 6'3-6'5...Daniels is a very efficient scorer and good defender. He also rebounded at a higher rate than Adams, Purvis, Vital or Vance did last year. I'd have no issue starting him and Vital on the wings and AG running point in '18.

Bingo he plays like a wing anyway and would be a perfect fit for a 3 guard lineup on one side of the court. Size means nothing. (unless your Akok.....sorry can't let it be):oops:

Reaction Score
My highlight-reel based scouting report:

Great percentage inside the 3 PT line on a ton of attempts. Gotta love that. And it probably means he could play the 2 or the 3.

40% from 3 is on very limited attempts so I'm not getting excited. Nice form which could hopefully extrapolate the high % to more attempts.

Handle is good not great. Better than Rodney, not as good as Jalen. Certainly serviceable for a 2 guard. And in the highlights he used both hands. He will need to be a player who has another excellent ball handler on the floor with him (a la Rique). Vital and him together would struggle against pressure, I would imagine.

Finished with his off hand a few times in there.

Unlike some of our departing players, we won't have to create defensive schemes to make up for his lack of athleticism, I bet. No defensive highlights, but his block numbers are good and steal numbers are okay.

Missed a few really obvious passes, particularly in transition. Needs to work on his vision. He made quite a few shots more difficult than they needed to be that way.

Plays more like a 3 than a 2 in my eyes, but has the body of a 2.

Love his toughness. Tons of plays with him banging down low against better players and teams in there.

He, rique and vital would let us have some leeway to focus on bringing in one high level guard, and put in work recruiting wings and a big. Definitely would like to have him here?

Reaction Score
Sure. Kevin Durant was something like 6'7" in high school. Famously, David Robinson was close to 6'6" when he committed to Navy. He had wanted to work on submarines if I recall, but quickly grew too tall. I think a lot of the most talented big men are guys who grow late, so learn to play as guards or wings.

This. Wasn't Anthony Davis a wing in high school until his senior year?

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I meant that it could be someone else other than Daniels. I'd be very happy if Daniels came here.

My bad. But I laughed really hard when I read it. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom