Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Well..._We're_Waiting.png

pj

Reaction Score
Sales is a skill and also a talent. Not everyone is good at it, in fact the honest hard-working types like KO usually aren't naturals. KO should seriously consider getting some sales training from top consultants in the off-season, he can develop his skills. A few basic principles go a long way.

C

Chief00

Can't close. Definitely concerning.
You know what we are missing on a visit to close - it's amazing how many dismiss it - but the correlation is like 90%. More than a coincidence. But now at 26 the dude is too old while guys in their forties are ok.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sales is a skill and also a talent. Not everyone is good at it, in fact the honest hard-working types like KO usually aren't naturals. KO should seriously consider getting some sales training from top consultants in the off-season, he can develop his skills. A few basic principles go a long way.

Or, and this is crazy, actually work harder.

Forget sales training. Just actually put in the time that some other coaches put in and I think you see things turn around a bit.

Reaction Score
I have been an ardent KO supporter but they absolutely had Diarra and lost him and sounded like Daniels too. Very concerning. U either can or can't close

Reaction Score

Problem is they don't have classes that teach How to Combat 16-17 seasons, multiple transfers and the AAC. You can only close what is available for you to do so, and right now these kids are hearing something that is making them move on.

Reaction Score
I have been an ardent KO supporter but they absolutely had Diarra and lost him and sounded like Daniels too. Very concerning. U either can or can't close
Word on the street with Diarra is that the staff wanted him as a 5 but he wanted to play the 4. If that's the case then I'm fine with losing him because it shows me that are staff has confidence in Larrier and our current Diarra, who I think will be a great 4 year PF for us.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Word on the street with Diarra is that the staff wanted him as a 5 but he wanted to play the 4. If that's the case then I'm fine with losing him because it shows me that are staff has confidence in Larrier and our current Diarra, who I think will be a great 4 year PF for us.
If Larrier is primarily playing the four, there's ample playing time at the three(Where Mamou envisions himself). If Larrier is playing the three, we only have one true four on the roster, so we'd need somebody there. We were out recruited, it's as simple as that.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
the Cinci Diarra is ranked like #200, it's not like a top 25 kid you tell what they want to hear. This board is acting like we missed out on the next James Worthy. Sack up guys. This board is brutal right now.

Reaction Score
If Larrier is primarily playing the four, there's ample playing time at the three(Where Mamou envisions himself). If Larrier is playing the three, we only have one true four on the roster, so we'd need somebody there. We were out recruited, it's as simple as that.
There is basically two scenarios, both of them bad. 1.) Ollie told this kid he would only be a 5 here (not his natural position) as several poster have said. 2.) We were outrecruited when we had a built in advantage (Chillious recruited the kid to Washington) and could offer him a lot of playing time.

There is simply no way to spin any of this stuff as being good for UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Or, and this is crazy, actually work harder.

Forget sales training. Just actually put in the time that some other coaches put in and I think you see things turn around a bit.
Actually the outstanding sales people I know work the hardest. Funny how that happens. The old saying "the harder I work the luckier I get." Work hard, tell the truth and treat everyone you meet with respect; Boneyarders excepted.

Reaction Score
Problem is they don't have classes that teach How to Combat 16-17 seasons, multiple transfers and the AAC. You can only close what is available for you to do so, and right now these kids are hearing something that is making them move on.
Finally a common sense post.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You know what we are missing on a visit to close - it's amazing how many dismiss it - but the correlation is like 90%. More than a coincidence. But now at 26 the dude is too old while guys in their forties are ok.
How did we land any recruits before the male groupie was hanging around?

Reaction Score
Then text him to get his arse up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99