Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I disagree. The importance of Oz is not to be correct on recruiting. But to get in inside view of what the staff is thinking. It's not his fault if the staff is wrong or have bad information.

That lifting of the curtain lately hasn't been pretty - just saying

Reaction Score
If you google Devon Daniels (in incognito mode so not based on past searches), this thread is the 8th result. Seems pretty clear he should come here.

Reaction Score
If you google Devon Daniels (in incognito mode so not based on past searches), this thread is the 8th result. Seems pretty clear he should come here.
Same is probably true for Akok Akok. Really hope he isn't the type to Google himself because he'll probably block Ollie's number after.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Then I wouldn't be random.. if I had pictures...what I'm getting at is a lot people say a lot of things but really know very little and there a a handful of people who know a lot who say very little.

Am I legit? I used to play foosball at Teds with Cliff Robinson and Jeff King. Is it my fault that my insider status predates the internet and digital cameras? Uh...and Jim Calhoun too.

Reaction Score
Am I legit? I used to play foosball at Teds with Cliff Robinson and Jeff King. Is it my fault that my insider status predates the internet and digital cameras? Uh...and Jim Calhoun too.

I think I've talked to Drummond more times than Chief has but he'll never admit it

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I am not impressed with his 1.35 assist to turnover ratio - like them to be closer to 2.0. But, granted better than Brimah's 0.1, worse I have ever seen. However, we wanted to start every game going to him last season and our coaches couldn't figure out why we got off to slow starts.

His foul shooting is just barely ok at 71% - I like high 70's to mid 80's.

The Purdyson metric of stepping out of bounds - I don't have the data on yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I am not impressed with his 1.35 assist to turnover ratio - like them to be closer to 2.0. But, granted better than Brimah's 0.1, worse I have ever seen. However, we wanted to start every game going to him last season and our coaches couldn't figure out why we got off to slow starts.

The Purdyson metric of stepping out of bounds - I don't have the data on yet!
Minor correction - Brimah's assist to turnover ratio was o.16 or 8 assists and 50 turnovers. For a Big you like to see at least 0.8. He averaged 0.24 assists per game.

Small sample but Durham had 7 assists to 7 turnovers for a 1.0 ratio.

Adams had a 1.97 ratio, best on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Of all the rumors that get posted here, his batting average isn't particularly good and I'm not sure what insight we're getting.

Can you imagine if we had MLB-like stats for "nonsense rumors BYers posted" with accuracy rankings?

We can call them the TSR -- Total Skiblets Rating.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Vance is not going to come back to UConn just because his friend might transfer here.

Does Devon Daniels change Vance Sr.'s thoughts about Vance Jr's role? If anything, Daniels being here would make it even more likely that Vance would be asked to play the stretch 4 role, which his pops clearly doesn't like.

I don't think Vance is leaving because he doesn't have enough good friends in Storrs.
I thought his dad wanted him to have more opportunities on the block? A push to the 4 would be good for that.

pj

Reaction Score
I thought his dad wanted him to have more opportunities on the block? A push to the 4 would be good for that.

His Dad wanted him to be the focus of the offense, claiming he could post up smaller players or take bigger players outside and get his shot off -- seeming to think of offense as a one man show. His Dad didn't express an interest in him having to defend bigger players or to compete with big players on the blocks.

pj

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am not impressed with his 1.35 assist to turnover ratio - like them to be closer to 2.0. ...

Wouldn't we all like better stats -- but, a few comparisons:
- Freshman Kemba Walker, A/TO 2.9/1.8 = 1.6, FT/FTA = 71.5%
- Freshman Shabazz Napier, A/TO 3.0/1.8 = 1.7, FT/FTA = 77.1%

Devon's freshman free throw percentage at 71.9% was actually better than Kemba's. There's room for improvement, but it's a rare freshman who is significantly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom