UConn women | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn women

Reaction Score
If you saw the lousy calls you’d understand why the lead was cut.

Have to say they were their own enemies in the comeback, multiple bad passes from Dangerfield and Walker but they do get screwed basically every game that means anything. They were getting beat up as per usual and nothing called. Katie Lou was tough in this game both on offense but as a physical player too because they did everything they could to take her out of rhythm. I mean when she cut someone held or walked in front of her multiple times but she found enough space to make them pay. I was really happy for her!

Reaction Score
If you saw the lousy calls you’d understand why the lead was cut.
I saw one, Collier didn't step out of bounds. Thought they looked way too tight at the end, it's something I've seen over the years when the games get close.

Reaction Score
You're not wrong, but there's def no DT walking through that door next year. One in a million player.
She was not one in a million as a Sophmore. She made a lot of mistakes as a freshman, I remember Geno benching her against Notre Dame with her in tears. When she came back as a Sophmore with a bunch of incoming freshman, she had learned a lot but still was not the DT I remember in her last two years.

Reaction Score
I saw one, Collier didn't step out of bounds. Thought they looked way too tight at the end, it's something I've seen over the years when the games get close.
Held ball after they threw Dangerfield to the floor? Touch fouls on Durr.

Reaction Score
Have to say they were their own enemies in the comeback, multiple bad passes from Dangerfield and Walker but they do get screwed basically every game that means anything. They were getting beat up as per usual and nothing called. Katie Lou was tough in this game both on offense but as a physical player too because they did everything they could to take her out of rhythm. I mean when she cut someone held or walked in front of her multiple times but she found enough space to make them pay. I was really happy for her!
Should have seen UCLA beat them up. Really physical, hacks, slaps, pushing and bumping every play... knew all of it wouldn’t be called, and still had fewer fouls called against them than UConn did.

Reaction Score
Held ball after they threw Dangerfield to the floor? Touch fouls on Durr.
Nope, that will pretty much always be a tie up at the end of a game. You don't dribble right into traps.

Reaction Score
Just saw some clips of her..

We’re starting to see the Taurasi impact. I think DT was one of the first women’s players that had large scale idolization, where we’ll see players modeling their game after hers.

Clear as day that Paige modeled her game off of Taurasi.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She was not one in a million as a Sophmore. She made a lot of mistakes as a freshman, I remember Geno benching her against Notre Dame with her in tears. When she came back as a Sophmore with a bunch of incoming freshman, she had learned a lot but still was not the DT I remember in her last two years.

Yes, and even she needed time to truly blossom (I remember her hitting some big nuts shots as a sophomore though). Christyn will too, probably more. Hence, there's no Taurasi walking through that door.

And Geno didn't bench her against ND. He subbed her out late (with a minute left) because she couldn't hit a brick wall. Probably one of the best things that could have happened to her in retrospect.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just saw that good news he needs to have a huge 2020.

Without a doubt. Next years class should have been at least 3 quality players deep.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Taurasi is the best women's basketball player ever.

You'll get no argument from me. That's why I said there's no DT walking through that door next year.

On the women's side, she's the biggest killer I've ever seen. I've compared her to MJ on the men's side (relatively speaking) in that category.

People think UCONN's getting beat up now (they are), but you should have seen D in 03 and 04. She got absolutely clobbered every game, and the refs didn't know how to handle it.

Reaction Score
The refs also didn’t (and still don’t) know how to ref what she does on the court.

I doubt there will ever be a player, man or woman, that I’ve enjoyed watching as much as her.

Reaction Score
Yes, and even she needed time to truly blossom (I remember her hitting some big nuts shots as a sophomore though). Christyn will too, probably more. Hence, there's no Taurasi walking through that door.

And Geno didn't bench her against ND. He subbed her out late (with a minute left) because she couldn't hit a brick wall. Probably one of the best things that could have happened to her in retrospect.
He did bench her. I remember her sitting on the bench in tears. Maybe he did put her back in though before the buzzer. She definitely made some great plays as a sophmore. Against a heavily favored Texas team I will never forget her one armed bullet pass the full length of the court for an easy bucket.

Reaction Score
He didn’t bench her, she fouled out.
Yeah maybe she did, what I do remember was when she sat down Geno said something really nasty to her and she just broke down in tears.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He did bench her. I remember her sitting on the bench in tears. Maybe he did put her back in though before the buzzer. She definitely made some great plays as a sophmore. Against a heavily favored Texas team I will never forget her one armed bullet pass the full length of the court for an easy bucket.
She was crying because she went something like 1-15 on threes and thought she lost the game for the team. Geno knelt down and consoled her

94540BFA-647F-4DE7-A419-B3A59E0E2E77.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She was crying because she went something like 1-15 on threes and thought she lost the game for the team. Geno knelt down and consoled her

View attachment 41714
I specifically remember when she first sat down, he said something to her that was not very complimentary, and she looked at him incredulous and you could see her say "what", and that's when the tears started. Now maybe he came back to her later and consoled her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn was absurdly better than both. They found ways to lose.
UConn was absurdly better than two NCAA #1 seeded teams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom