UConn women | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn women

Reaction Score
Premature elation?

UConn was faring really well until the best plyer in the game left with 4th foul. Then UConn had the rough stretch.

All vs. a #1 seed.
Premature elation? What does that mean?

Reaction Score
Dangerfield literally almost lost the game herself yesterday unusually bad with the ball down the stretch. Please don't give it to Walker either when you need to keep possession wow scary.

Hey they won the game because KLS was really good despite the injury slowing her down and the freshman Williams played her butt off. Collier not very good on offense which is highly unusual and they still pulled it out. They will need all 5 on their best to keep playing next weekend, no one gets a game off or they go home early.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Dangerfield literally almost lost the game herself yesterday unusually bad with the ball down the stretch. Please don't give it to Walker either when you need to keep possession wow scary.

Hey they won the game because KLS was really good despite the injury slowing her down and the freshman Williams played her butt off. Collier not very good on offense which is highly unusual and they still pulled it out. They will need all 5 on their best to keep playing next weekend, no one gets a game off or they go home early.

They don’t have a lot of ball handling.

That’s been a problem the last few years.

Reaction Score
Danger is a very good player. But she also hasn’t progressed into the AA status most expected her to. And her outside shooting declined from last year.
You wouldn't think that if you saw the UConn-UCLA game. Dangerfield shot the lights out in the 2nd half and her shooting down the stretch at crunch time was the main reason UConn won.

Reaction Score
Many of the real hardcore fans on a fbook group I am part of really freak out if the Uconn women do not win by 30 or 40, regardless of competition. I find it quite unrealistic, especially these days. Every little error is nitpicked, tons of blame for "only" winning by 8 to 15 points and fans scared crazy at these "tight" games. I think parity is very quickly coming to the game, its already started in fact and some of those fans better get used to it, especially once Geno leaves. I mean, we have to be realistic, games like the past few (Buffalo, UCLA, Lville, a recent game vs USF, cincy) are going to start becoming the norm more often than the exception moving forward IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dangerfield is an excellent shooter! Someone on the women’s board said she and Collier were both suffering colds which is going around campus. Collier is UConn’s best player, Katie Lou looked good/healthy again, and whoever they play next will hopefully have to contend with a revenge-bent healthy squad clicking on all cylinders

Reaction Score
I do think this group, while having a ton of superlative players, has lacked a true closer for a while now. A killer.
This is exactly what they are missing. Yes, a 6'5"+ post player would be nice too but the only two teams that can really take advantage of the lack of a true post are Baylor and Miss St and only Baylor is left. This team can still beat either ND or Stanford (assuming the man hating refs don't screw them again) and can beat Oregon as well. If Iowa or Oregon beats Baylor by some miracle, we can still win this thing.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what they are missing. Yes, a 6'5"+ post player would be nice too but the only two teams that can really take advantage of the lack of a true post are Baylor and Miss St and only Baylor is left. This team can still beat either ND or Stanford (assuming the man hating refs don't screw them again) and can beat Oregon as well. If Iowa or Oregon beats Baylor by some miracle, we can still win this thing.
Nelson-Ododa is a much, much, much better post player now than she was when Baylor beat us. The way this team and some of the young players have matured since early in the season is remarkable. It is a testament to Geno and CD and their teaching methods during games and practices.

the Q

Reaction Score

This isn’t the unbeatable Baylor of 2012 with sims and Griner.

It’s very very good.

But UConn was in it shooting like 35% as a team. A normal night and they can win it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Danger is a very good player. But she also hasn’t progressed into the AA status most expected her to. And her outside shooting declined from last year.
I think it is more a question of roles. Next year she is going to have a much bigger presence on the court because she will have to.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think it is more a question of roles. Next year she is going to have a much bigger presence on the court because she will have to.

I thought she needed to take that next step to be a title contender this year.

They probsbly will need her to step up to beat Nd and Baylor

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Premature elation? What does that mean?
You came to the Men's Board to post an announcement that Geno's team was gagging up a game. Made me think you were kind of excited even tho you said you hope they pull it out.

Reaction Score
One of the biggest reasons they are where they are is because she didn’t take any kind of next step.

Her shooting even regressed.
Seriously? Her three point shooting % is off this year, but her 2 point shooting (53% for season) and FT shooting (92%) are improved. Focus on shooting is only part of her game. She's 12th in the country in assist/turnover ratio. She also has to defend the other team's best scoring guard. Did a great job on Durr in the 1st half. And she has to do all that while basically playing *40 minutes* a game, absent foul trouble.

Reaction Score
You came to the Men's Board to post an announcement that Geno's team was gagging up a game. Made me think you were kind of excited even tho you said you hope they pull it out.
I don't post on the women's board. I turned on the TV and the women were up by 11 or 12 it was 4 like 40 seconds later. I considered it relevant. Give me a break.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's sounds like what everyone, including Pat Summit, said when Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Ashja Jones and Tamika Williams all graduated. Leaving only Sophmore Diana Taurasi and a bunch of freshman. Yet that unit went on to win three more NC's. For next year, Geno will have some challenges, but will still have Junior Meghan Walker, Sophmore Christyn Williams, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa. Walker and Williams were both the NPOY coming out of high school, and Nelson-Ododa was ranked #5 nationally. So I'd say Geno still has a great core of players to work with.

You're not wrong, but there's def no DT walking through that door next year. One in a million player.

Reaction Score
They had 2 and 3 other WNBA first rounders on those 2 teams.

Gabbys effort against Miss st was downright heroic while basically everyone else moved like they’d never played in the spotlight before.

Last year the defense and rebounding were just atrocious. The rebounding continues to be an issue this year, not surprised since they don’t have Z or Gabby.

But no question Collier in particular struggles mightily in both games.
It’s just like Geno says, only undefeated meets expectations. 36-1 is just not acceptable.

Reaction Score
You're not wrong, but there's def no DT walking through that door next year. One in a million player.
Williams is pretty close. Looks like a senior now, and only a freshman.

Reaction Score
I don't post on the women's board. I turned on the TV and the women were up by 11 or 12 it was 4 like 40 seconds later. I considered it relevant. Give me a break.
If you saw the lousy calls you’d understand why the lead was cut.

the Q

Reaction Score
It’s just like Geno says, only undefeated meets expectations. 36-1 is just not acceptable.

UConn was absurdly better than both. They found ways to lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom