Tremont Waters | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Making strides but still have not taken control of narrative of what UConn is moving forward.

This is the key. They have to have their sales pitch and be able to back it up. For example, on the player development front, they need to have a pitch for each coach's (KO, Chill, Kill, Moore) ability to develop players, and then testimonials from players who will back it up. They have to be able to speak to style of play and how recruits will fit into it, and why that role will help prepare the player for the NBA.

Hopefully Chill is bringing some sales and marketing discipline and can help develop that story. They should consider hiring a consultant or two to help them nail down their pitch and the marketing progression.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Damn this place is cut throat. Your contributions were greatly appreciated
If I repeatedly get good info from sources that I don't post, maybe I'll post publicly again. Until then, anyone who wants to know what I'm hearing can DM me. I think there's a good number of people who would appreciate one less person publicly claiming anything.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is the last piece of recruiting info I'm going to share publicly. Waters is not coming here, this has been "next" for awhile.

It's been real.

Thanks.

Can't say I'm surprised.

If he wanted to be here he's had ample time to do it.

I thought (a while ago) someone posted an interview where he called UConn his "dream school." it is funny how quickly that changed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ugh - I hate being this guy

Eh, from my end, I'm just having a bit of fun with it. I kinda like the moniker 'the angel of death'. Makes me chuckle.

And the news? It is what it is for us right now. No way around it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We are simply toxic right now. I mentioned that in other threads. Staff not even prepared for perception currently of brand. Making strides but still have not taken control of narrative of what UConn is moving forward. '18 is make or break and given perception, change to staff, and negative recruiting - early targets - Duke, Reeves, etc - not happening. Efforts are really starting anew and that is not a good thing. It is just flat ugly right now. Playing and winning will help.
This was mentioned and reiterated a few months ago.

It's not because of a losing season. People on here don't think word travels - in today's society it travels fast. Winning swipes everything under the rug.

Reaction Score
We are simply toxic right now. I mentioned that in other threads. Staff not even prepared for perception currently of brand. Making strides but still have not taken control of narrative of what UConn is moving forward. '18 is make or break and given perception, change to staff, and negative recruiting - early targets - Duke, Reeves, etc - not happening. Efforts are really starting anew and that is not a good thing. It is just flat ugly right now. Playing and winning will help.

If the staff is not prepared or realizing g this, something is wrong g and someone needs to get fired. Ollie. Please go.

Reaction Score
I can see the following happen. First, 2017/2018 is a disaster. Second, people blame everything from the conference to sanctions to players recovering from injuries to our "restart" to Ollie's interim contract when he started as to why we had another disaster. Third, we get a mediocre 2018 recruiting class but people overhype it based on it being an improvement over our disasterous 2017 class. Fourth, 2018/2019 is another horrible year and people, again, blame our conference, injuries, the "restart", the 2018 class only being freshman, the weather in Storrs and so on. Ollie will always be "only one or two more years away from turning this around" and "our best option because of our horrible conference". But here is the thing, the vast majority of fans will have lost their patience by the end of the 2018/2019 season and no excuse will save KO if we are still a train wreck then. He had better do whatever it takes to pull in a stellar, and I mean STELLAR, 2018 recruiting class or his fate will be sealed.

Reaction Score
Here's a tip (trust me, luckily I'm NOT a "boneyard source" lol.

1. The staff has no clue wtf there doing
2. Ollie has zero perception that the league were in does not attract even the lowest of 3 star recruits.
3. The staff has ZERO clue what is happening. As one of our "sources" so eloquently put it before the Sid Wilson decision was made, "the staff has him coming to us and then we're done recruiting."
4. Our sources are a bunch of teens who must be studying journalism and are trying..."trying" to get a scoop. Oz is literally the worst source I've ever seen and he's 1000000000 times better than any "source" on here, besides chief. Chief called it All along. Hail Calhoun.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Here's a tip (trust me, luckily I'm NOT a "boneyard source" lol.

1. The staff has no clue wtf there doing
2. Ollie has zero perception that the league were in does not attract even the lowest of 3 star recruits.
3. The staff has ZERO clue what is happening. As one of our "sources" so eloquently put it before the Sid Wilson decision was made, "the staff has him coming to us and then we're done recruiting."
4. Our sources are a bunch of teens who must be studying journalism and are trying..."trying" to get a scoop. Oz is literally the worst source I've ever seen and he's 1000000000 times better than any "source" on here, besides chief. Chief called it All along. Hail Calhoun.
The staff is putting this program on a pedestal, rightfully so. But it's almost in a egotistical way.

What happened last season with the transfers and the way everything went down spread to recruits and AAU connects - creates a large black cloud around UConn, especially recruiting.

Mix those together and no one wants to come here. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
The staff is putting this program on a pedestal, rightfully so. But it's almost in a egotistical way.

What happened last season with the transfers and the way everything went down spread to recruits and AAU connects - creates a large black cloud around UConn, especially recruiting.

Mix those together and no one wants to come here. Pretty simple.

We won a title 3 years ago. Does that hold any weight?

Or do kids know that it was JC that masterminded that 'ship. NOT Ollie.

I'm assuming kids are smart these days. Terrible conference, terrible coach.......well, there you go. St. John's it is, lol.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
We won a title 3 years ago. Does that hold any weight?

Or do kids know that it was JC that masterminded that 'ship. NOT Ollie.

I'm assuming kids are smart these days. Terrible conference, terrible coach..well, there you go. St. John's it is, lol.
The 2014 national title means nothing to high profile recruits.

Reaction Score

That last line is so crucial yet we tend to forget about it. We are coming off an absolute joke of a season; two of the last three years we have been absolutely irrelevant. We can talk about '14 natty all we want, but the kids we are going after now were in middle school when that happened. Do you think our history really matters? Not when we are going 16-17 in an awful conference and our ceiling is literally falling apart. Plus, it is obvious that there is some sort of stank around KO right now in regards to his relationships with the departed players. Those kids could not wait to get out of here even with a ton of playing time at their disposal.

The pieces are in place for us to be a solid team next year. On paper we have three very good guards, the potential for a fourth in Anderson, a very good combo forward in Larrier, and a couple of promising kids coming in. Bare minimum, we have four really good players. If KO can not get 20 wins w/ that basic nucleus, then it's time to seriously consider if he has the ability to move forward.

Reaction Score
Closer then some may choose to realize. I give too much and I'll get little more to share. That said? Doubts Waters is coming to Storrs.
Where else would he go?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If the staff is not prepared or realizing g this, something is wrong g and someone needs to get fired. Ollie. Please go.

Someone did just get fired. Two someones. Only thing left to do atm is win. Just win.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01