Tremont Waters | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The man is getting paid $3.1 million a year, and has made the tournament 1 time (as bubble team) in past 3 years. On top of that, he's lost 4 of our top recruits, and has failed to replace them. Sorry, but we all "bleed blue," but I'm not getting paid $3.1 million per year. Yet, we need to start giving him some compassion?! No, he needs to start winning before he takes a once elite program, that sacrificed the blood, sweat, and tears of many players, including Jim Calhoun over 25 year, over a cliff.
I understand however he's not Diaco, he's part of the UConn family and he's not being let go this year so I'm ready to support him and give him a chance to turn it around. If it's more of the same next year a change will need to be made.

Reaction Score
You dont know me, and its a msg board you think i give a damn if some random dude who has no clue who i am likes me? Dude grow up
You're the one throwing a fit because I won't PM you what I've seen and heard. Sounds like you need to grow up.

pj

Reaction Score
The man is getting paid $3.1 million a year, and has made the tournament 1 time (as bubble team) in past 3 years. On top of that, he's lost 4 of our top recruits, and has failed to replace them. Sorry, but we all "bleed blue," but I'm not getting paid $3.1 million per year. Yet, we need to start giving him some compassion?! No, he needs to start winning before he takes a once elite program, that sacrificed the blood, sweat, and tears of many players, including Jim Calhoun over 25 year, over a cliff.

Agreed, KO has disappointed, and has not recently earned his pay; however sometimes you invest in potential. Steve Enoch and Juwan Durham didn't earn their scholarships on the court, but you keep them if they let you for their potential. KO still has the potential to be a great coach.

I'm not too surprised there was a roadblock in the early years of a young head coach. KO worked hard for many years to succeed as an undertalented player in the NBA for 13 years, then as a young coach through a national championship. It's not too surprising he may have wanted to take a rest after a divorce and a national championship that may have made him think he could get away with coasting. That was a mistake, but hopefully he's rejuvenated and dedicated to succeeding as a head coach.

Reaction Score
So what I've heard from two local reporters is that there is a power struggle between the Old Guard and the new guard. Ollie and Calhoun. The father and son relationship is over . Calhoun is almost never on campus anymore and is really unhappy with the way things are shaking out . Everything that took place with Miller made it 3 times worse. There's also the issue with the new ad all over Ollie and expecting quick turnaround from last season.
This makes total sense...2 seasons ago it seemed like the tv video showed Jimmy C at least once a game. This past season I can't recall Jimmy C sitting in his usual spot under the basket at all. It could just be that the camera never showed him but that is unlikely. What are the odds we could pull Jimmy C back out of retirement if things don't work out with Ollie, it would probably be our best option at that point. I sure do miss his short leash on boneheaded plays.

Reaction Score
This whole Waters things is odd. After all these posts, does anyone have any info as to why he did not consider coming here?

Reaction Score
This makes total sense...2 seasons ago it seemed like the tv video showed Jimmy C at least once a game. This past season I can't recall Jimmy C sitting in his usual spot under the basket at all. It could just be that the camera never showed him but that is unlikely. What are the odds we could pull Jimmy C back out of retirement if things don't work out with Ollie, it would probably be our best option at that point. I sure do miss his short leash on boneheaded plays.

JC was a regular announcer for the BIG this past season. He wasn't around to attend games

pj

Reaction Score
This whole Waters things is odd. After all these posts, does anyone have any info as to why he did not consider coming here?

Let's save the post-mortems until the patient is dead.

Reaction Score
When you win the conference tourney, you are no bubble team. You deserve it at that point - it is no easy task.

Reaction Score
I understand however he's not Diaco, he's part of the UConn family and he's not being let go this year so I'm ready to support him and give him a chance to turn it around. If it's more of the same next year a change will need to be made.
No, he's not Diaco, nor is he Pasqualoni. The former created and believed his own personal reality, and the latter couldn't give a snow if UConn ever won a game as long as he "had fun." One thing you have to give Ollie, he wants to win.

Reaction Score
No, he's not Diaco, nor is he Pasqualoni. The former created and believed his own personal reality, and the latter couldn't give a snow if UConn ever won a game as long as he "had fun." One thing you have to give Ollie, he wants to win.
Does anyone consider that he had major injuries and nagging injuries during the season like concussion, stress fracture. Give him a break guys

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
You need depth to come out swinging. I team can make a run for a while but eventually runs out of gas.

You dont need depth to play with attitude. And the right team attitude creates depth because its contagious. Everyone needs to contribute from the get go. Whatever you can contribute do it 100%. I dont care if your skills are lesser than your opponent, as long as your heart is bigger, you can play on my team. Kids need to play harder, coaches coach harder and fans root harder. Are you ride or die ... that needs to be the everyday question. Where ya at Tremont?

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99