Tremont Waters | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone wanting Ollie out.be careful what you wish for. If kids don't wanna come here I would think it won't be a destination for a top coach either.
When they replace him with a Tubby Smith or someone like that then I guess you guys will be happy. You guys are acting like where gonna get some kick ass replacement and I just don't see it.

You won't know who is out there and available until you actually look. Personally, I wouldn't expect to land a Tubby Smith or any other elite coach. However, there are probably a number of good assistant coaches with experience at power programs who would take this as an opportunity to step up to be a head coach at a nationally respected and recognized program with the opportunity to return it to a prominent place in CBB.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Or something...

OK, PM the news. So I can stop asking cryptic questions that will inevitably go unanswered on a public forum.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
IMO the fans, coaches and players need to sack up, come out swinging and get our backs off the wall. Take this summer and spend every waking moment together. Embrace each other and this clusterphux of situation. We need to be mid february in new england pissed off. Dunk in someone face, block a shot into the third row and tell em about it. Im done feeling bad about ourselves. Im done arguing about who or why. I dont give a damn. Lets go to war with the warriors we got. Ill fight for you and you fight for me. Ride or die time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You won't know who is out there and available until you actually look. Personally, I wouldn't expect to land a Tubby Smith or any other elite coach. However, there are probably a number of good assistant coaches with experience at power programs who would take this as an opportunity to step up to be a head coach at a nationally respected and recognized program with the opportunity to return it to a prominent place in CBB.

We need more than an assistant. We need a proven coach, even if from the lesser D1 schools.

Reaction Score

I don't consider Tubby Smith elite, to me he's a retread downgrade. Rather keep Ollie and hope for the best. My point is that I don't believe there anything immediately better ready to come. I'd rather give Ollie more time until that next hot coach stands up, then strike if things are still in the toilet.

Reactions: pj

Curiouser
Reaction Score
IMO the fans, coaches and players need to sack up, come out swinging and get our backs off the wall. Take this summer and spend every waking moment together. Embrace each other and this clusterphux of situation. We need to be mid february in new england pissed off. Dunk in someone face, block a shot into the third row and tell em about it. Im done feeling bad about ourselves. Im done arguing about who or why. I dont give a damn. Lets go to war with the warriors we got. Ill fight for you and you fight for me. Ride or die time.
I love this.

Reaction Score
First have some compassion for KO. He has "bled blue" and has been a great ambassador for the University. So I'm rooting for him to turn it around. Next season will seal his fate. If the team looks sloppy and unprepared recruits will look elsewhere and KO won't be able to recover. If we surprise especially early in the season I think we gets some buzz and it will lead to some commitments. The worst case scenario is we have a mediocre season but Larrier and Adams play well enough to enter the draft. Because of this uncertainty I haven't followed any of the 2018 and beyond recruiting threads. Plus I'm a casual fan.

Things look dark now but I have faith in Ollie. I'm no Pollyanna but I feel Coach deserves my support.

Reaction Score
Everyone wanting Ollie out.be careful what you wish for. If kids don't wanna come here I would think it won't be a destination for a top coach either.
When they replace him with a Tubby Smith or someone like that then I guess you guys will be happy. You guys are acting like where gonna get some kick ass replacement and I just don't see it.
And who saw Calhoun becoming Calhoun when we hired him? And, yet, there he was.

UConn has proven it is a place where a coach can win and become a hall of famer. UConn has a rabid and large fan base that has proven it will support a winner. Storrs is a great place to raise a family and call home.

We can, and we have, attracted great young and young-ish coaches. We can do it again.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You need depth to come out swinging. I team can make a run for a while but eventually runs out of gas.

Reaction Score
You need depth to come out swinging. I team can make a run for a while but eventually runs out of gas.
We'll have enough depth if all are healthy. Depth is a bit overrated in the college game. Now I don't suggest running with just 5 or 6 but 8 or 9 is plenty.

Reaction Score
We'll have enough depth if all are healthy. Depth is a bit overrated in the college game. Now I don't suggest running with just 5 or 6 but 8 or 9 is plenty.
We don't run anymore when we have really talented teams with depth. Now we are going to run all the time with an undermanned roster? It's silly season around here.

Reaction Score
And who saw Calhoun becoming Calhoun when we hired him? And, yet, there he was.

UConn has proven it is a place where a coach can win and become a hall of famer. UConn has a rabid and large fan base that has proven it will support a winner. Storrs is a great place to raise a family and call home.

We can, and we have, attracted great young and young-ish coaches. We can do it again.

Agree....but there are no guarantees. Until we find a good one that's not really a reach, give Ollie a chance to turn it around.

Reaction Score
First have some compassion for KO. He has "bled blue" and has been a great ambassador for the University. So I'm rooting for him to turn it around. Next season will seal his fate. If the team looks sloppy and unprepared recruits will look elsewhere and KO won't be able to recover. If we surprise especially early in the season I think we gets some buzz and it will lead to some commitments. The worst case scenario is we have a mediocre season but Larrier and Adams play well enough to enter the draft. Because of this uncertainty I haven't followed any of the 2018 and beyond recruiting threads. Plus I'm a casual fan.

Things look dark now but I have faith in Ollie. I'm no Pollyanna but I feel Coach deserves my support.
The man is getting paid $3.1 million a year, and has made the tournament 1 time (as bubble team) in past 3 years. On top of that, he's lost 4 of our top recruits, and has failed to replace them. Sorry, but we all "bleed blue," but I'm not getting paid $3.1 million per year. Yet, we need to start giving him some compassion?! No, he needs to start winning before he takes a once elite program, that sacrificed the blood, sweat, and tears of many players, including Jim Calhoun over 25 year, over a cliff.

Reaction Score
We don't run anymore when we have really talented teams with depth. Now we are going to run all the time with an undermanned roster? It's silly season around here.

I don't believe he meant "running" in the same way you suggest. I believe he means playing with 8 or 9. And in that case he is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom