Tremont Waters | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he is not walking on anywhere. People need to take a break. Stop rehashing the same 2 debates in every GD thread. This place is becoming something else. I am thankful for the NBA, food threads and Cesspool because the college hoops aspect of the 'Yard is officially a dumpster fire.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Recruiting will only start to rebound when UConn wins. You can't expect it to happen the other way around at this point. The currency from 2014 has been burned up. They probably will not get any more highly sought after recruits for 2017. Coaching is way more important anyway, and maybe this season won't start with home losses to mid-majors.

Reaction Score
Because duke costs a bazillion dollars to attend and he would have to get through admissions for real students, not jocks.
Athletics can still push him through without giving him a scholarship, it makes no difference in regards to admission.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Athletics can still push him through without giving him a scholarship, it makes no difference in regards to admission.
Team Waters hasn't been pimping him out for the last 5 years just to walk on somewhere.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Thank you, was looking for this.

I know "recruiting is fluid", but ZERO contact turning into a near commitment in 4 DAYS is something I can't take seriously.

Reaction Score
If Kansas put in one call, they immediately are the leaders. Waters clearly wants to either be *the* guy or be at one of the big boys. Neither of those scenarios is us. The only way we get him is by default. I have no issue with that, but citing a tweet from four days ago and thinking that's gospel is silly.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
If Kansas put in one call, they immediately are the leaders. Waters clearly wants to either be *the* guy or be at one of the big boys. Neither of those scenarios is us. The only way we get him is by default. I have no issue with that, but citing a tweet from four days ago and thinking that's gospel is silly.

Neither one of those scenarios are Kansas either. They have 3 PG's returning. You are also saying we should instead take the word of an insider on a forum page than an experienced reporter "as gospel".

Reaction Score
You guys thinking Tremont is coming here is funny, you must be masochists.

pj

Reaction Score
Perhaps losing on Wilson will help with Waters! Stay positive!

This is what I was thinking ... Waters is so concerned about playing time, one more perimeter player would have squeezed his minutes ... With Wilson at St John's, the two-point-guard lineup would be there for him.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
This is what I was thinking ... Waters is so concerned about playing time, one more perimeter player would have squeezed his minutes ... With Wilson at St John's, the two-point-guard lineup would be there for him.

Based on how the team was built, we were gonna go 2 PG, even 3 PG for good stretches anyway.

Reaction Score
There are no insiders! Stop hyping anyone - no one deserves it!!
Except 99 he is plugged in. The mistake these insiders make is they give definitive predictions, 99 is smart enough to never do that because you know recruiting is fluid

Reaction Score
Except 99 he is plugged in. The mistake these insiders make is they give definitive predictions, 99 is smart enough to never do that because you know recruiting is fluid

99 is a crowdsourcer. right? He doesn't really have many sources himself; his sources have sources. It's a valuable tool, but one should look at 99's info the same as the 247 crystal ball.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
99 is a crowdsourcer. right? He doesn't really have many sources himself; his sources have sources. It's a valuable tool, but one should look at 99's info the same as the 247 crystal ball.

Right. I like 99 but there is no direct knowledge, jut hearsay. It's helpful, but not a definitive answer on some recruiting questions.

Reaction Score
He's our personal corey evans lol. Rivals should hire him

Reaction Score

Yup. I talk to mostly national tos reporter, few regional and local reporters, guys in aau circles, and a few booster . But never players

Reaction Score
Neither one of those scenarios are Kansas either. They have 3 PG's returning. You are also saying we should instead take the word of an insider on a forum page than an experienced reporter "as gospel".

Not sure what was misconstrued. It seems like he either wants to be the guy (GTown, Creighton, WKU) to run the show or be at a huge school (Duke, Kansas, Kentucky). Kansas has guards returning so he wouldn't be the guy, but they are absolutely a huge school; in today's landscape, they are definitely in the top 5 along with UNC, Duke, UK, and someone else I'm sure you are forgetting. The board "insider" is obviously below a reporter, but the point is Waters is obviously still waiting for one of the big boys to call. Citing a tweet from four days ago now may be old news.

Reaction Score
Yup. I talk to mostly national tos reporter, few regional and local reporters, guys in aau circles, and a few booster . But never players

The problem is that only the players, families and aau coaches know. Otherwise you got nada.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The problem is that only the players, families and aau coaches know. Otherwise you got nada.

Nobody knows. The player usually doesn't know. They are pulled by family, coaches and others. There are simply no people anywhere who know what is going to happen. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom