Tremont Waters | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You said Harkless, Cheick Diallo and Dunn and have now changed it. Those are the players I was replying to.

Even your original reply quotes me as saying Obepka. "Have now" changed it? I changed it 1 second after I wrote it. But, I saw that you quoted my Obepka post. Weird.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Grew up in Vernon. Just bought my first house about halfway between Shady Glen and MHS probably not far from where you grew up.

Grew up in the Skinner Road area. Haven't lived there since I graduated. Parents still live there.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else feel like this thread has gone the way of the "Key Tweets" thread? Lots of "non key tweets" going on here. (Yes I know there are no tweets, it's just a comparison.)

Go Manchester!!

Reaction Score
Even your original reply quotes me as saying Obepka. "Have now" changed it? I changed it 1 second after I wrote it. But, I saw that you quoted my Obepka post. Weird.
Man you are difficult. I was responding to your post saying Harkless, Diallo, and Dunn. I don't know when you changed it or why but this is beyond dumb. Anyways, I'm guessing the Obepka guy you keep talking about is Chris Obekpa?

Reaction Score
Man you are difficult. I was responding to your post saying Harkless, Diallo, and Dunn. I don't know when you changed it or why but this is beyond dumb. Anyways, I'm guessing the Obepka guy you keep talking about is Chris Obekpa?

Hilarious. I was sitting here thinking you are the one being intentionally difficult since all my posts were referencing Obepkakap. Clearly, that is who I was referring to. UConn has lost 2 recruits to St. John's in the past. Clearly. That is the whole point.

Reaction Score
Hilarious. I was sitting here thinking you are the one being intentionally difficult since all my posts were referencing Obepkakap. Clearly, that is who I was referring to. UConn has lost 2 recruits to St. John's in the past. Clearly. That is the whole point.
I have no opinion on Obepkakap.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Grew up in Vernon. Just bought my first house about halfway between Shady Glen and MHS probably not far from where you grew up.

I was over in what they called "Forest Hills". Sounds like you are closer to my old elementary school, Buckley.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else feel like this thread has gone the way of the "Key Tweets" thread? Lots of "non key tweets" going on here. (Yes I know there are no tweets, it's just a comparison.)

Go Manchester!!

What else can we do? We're in the middle of a freaking Peter Sellers movie, directed by Mel Brooks and written by Seth Rosenberg. You can't make this stuff up!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
'88.
Grew up in Vernon - Merlin Drive area
Live in Manchester since 1978 - my children went to Manchester HS'
My Grandfather was the science department head for 37 yrs at MHS and science wing was named for him (when it was the original MHS)
Being I graduated with Warner RHS class of 73 - long long time ago! When the football team has the LA RAm emblem on their helmets

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do they still make the cheeseburgers with the "wings" -- the cheese grilled to a crisp on the side. Man, it's been decades since I've had one of those.
I'm thinking half century for me (that's possible, right?), but I totally recall what it's like.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
That's a lot of guys from Rockville. Make sure you take REM's advice.

I went to Manchester High, but lived about 1/2 mile from the corner of Manchester and Vernon.[/QUOTE
I was over in what they called "Forest Hills". Sounds like you are closer to my old elementary school, Buckley.

A stone's throw for VIP...nice.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest question we have now is Tremont going to take a 5th year of prep at Rockville or Ridgfield HS?:eek:

You mean a 6 year and enter college at 21 years old :eek:.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of Kanye West
IMG_2537.PNG

pj

Reaction Score
You mean a 6 year and enter college at 21 years old :eek:.

7th year, effectively, as he repeated 8th grade as well as 12th.

I agree with Chief's point that Tremont has jeopardized his brand a little and needs to recover by competing on a big stage like UConn's. But his willingness to repeat grades (or his parents' decisions to do so) make me wonder if they are a little competition-averse, rather like Hami and his handlers. If you try to look extra good in high school by competing against younger guys, might you try to look extra good in college by going down a level to a Western Kentucky or Creighton?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think he has damaged his brand or that he even has a brand to damage.

I also think any inferences about his parents are stupid and make you look like you need a hobby or a dog or a big jigsaw puzzle to better occupy your free time.

The kid will eventually go to college and play basketball. No one will remember any of this when he does.

Reaction Score

I think this means tremont has decided and zags is waiting for the announcement to post his article

Reaction Score

I think this means tremont has decided and zags is waiting for the announcement to post his article

If so, that would be really interesting considering the recent buzz (if you can call a crystal ball pick that) around him and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom