Tremont Waters | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting waters would be a miracle, some rankings have him HIGHER than mal. I was never the biggest fan of his as a long term prospect, but boy could he get some minutes next season if KO goes to a 3 guard line up. him and AG would be jitterbugs constantly getting into the paint a la napier/boat.

Reaction Score
Getting waters would be some miracle, some rankings have him HIGHER than mal. I was never the biggest of his as a long term prospect, but boy could he get some minutes next season if KO goes to a 3 guard line up. him and AG would be jitterbugs constantly getting into the paint a la napier/boat.
It'd be fun. But i think the biggest thing he brings.....shooting

Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt that we just hired chillious, who coached and is a mentor to isaiah thomas currently. All that, along with ollies previous relationship with him and his dad ( we were in his final 7) and KO's experience with smaller guards...this is a home-run. lots to sell.

Reaction Score
Hearing more interest on water side then expected.

People talking at the JCC all-star game that this could actually happen. Who knows if true but just passing along.

God I want to land this kid so bad. If AG is healthy, having 2 super skilled small guards is an amazing long term foundation for a program.

Reaction Score
Doesn't hurt that we just hired chillious, who coached and is a mentor to isaiah thomas currently. All that, along with ollies previous relationship with him and his dad ( we were in his final 7) and KO's experience with smaller guards...this is a home-run. lots to sell.
Him and rique are errily similar to bazz and boat

Reaction Score
Waters is tiny but his game is different than Alterique's. They would be giving up a lot of size on defense but people often don't factor in how much trouble these guys would cause bigger guards on defense. Like Boat and Bazz they would both get under the guards they are guarding and cause havoc. Waters and Gilbert are both huge pests on defense.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We need a big so bad. But waters helps in creating a guard foundation and his height will keep him college 3 to 4 years
True. I think we'll get someone to bridge the gap to next year at 5. If not then we'll make it work. Need waters though

Reaction Score
We need a big so bad. But waters helps in creating a guard foundation and his height will keep him college 3 to 4 years

No doubt, but this would allow much more margin of error. If you can trot out a top 5 backcourt in the country, you don't exactly need a top flight frontline to be a top 20ish team. And we certainly are miles and miles away from a top frontline.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would love this. Adams probably is gone after this year, and as some have noted: His game isn't that "redundant" to AG in that other than size they bring different skill sets to the PG spot.

In fact, I think they complement each other well, skill set-wise.

Reaction Score
No doubt, but this would allow much more margin of error. If you can trot out a top 5 backcourt in the country, you don't exactly need a top flight frontline to be a top 20ish team. And we certainly are miles and miles away from a top frontline.
We learned this with Nolan at starting center. Oriakhi was a good big but Olander and Okwandu certainly weren't world beaters. Really hope the staff can convince Waters to stay home.

Reaction Score
We learned this with Nolan at starting center. Oriakhi was a good big but Olander and Okwandu certainly weren't world beaters. Really hope the staff can convince Waters to stay home.

Yup. There are a lot of good teams without great bigs. There just aren't a lot of great bigs in the NCAA, or even in the NBA. You need a big man that can rebound and defend. It really shouldn't be THAT hard to find.

Of course I am worried about the future of the program, but I would be more worried if we were becoming typecast as a program that isn't good for guards, instead of bigs.

Reaction Score
Yup. There are a lot of good teams without great bigs. There just aren't a lot of great bigs in the NCAA, or even in the NBA. You need a big man that can rebound and defend. It really shouldn't be THAT hard to find.

Of course I am worried about the future of the program, but I would be more worried if we were becoming typecast as a program that isn't good for guards, instead of bigs.
I wish Voskuhl had a 6'11 son who played just like him.

Reaction Score
Any half decent hungry big should see a huuuge opportunity here. Especially if we land this guy. A good smart big should see themselves as the last piece to something good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As UCONN's proven several times.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Waters stay home. Doesn't seem too long ago when we first started hearing about him being a tiny CT kid with a deadly shot. He'd be loved very quickly at UConn.

Reaction Score
Waters is a very good player. He creates opportunity off the dribble, has a great jumper, and most important creates open jumpers off the dribble. For a guard oriented team, you must have that. That is why Bazz and Boat worked well. We cannot continue to operate this style with bad offensive players. Tremont Waters would thrive here and the fans would push him up hill because he is one of our own guys. This would be huge.

Waters and one solid, rebounding big that can take up space and make a put back would completely erase my worries about the defections. Throw in a wing with solid skills and the ability to play 10-15 mpg and hit an open jump shot and I'm happy with it. Waters is huge for the morale and long term health of this program. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom