Tremont Waters | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kansas has Graham, Newman and Thornton at PG/SG next year, I feel like Tremont would not get a whole lot of burn
Doesn't matter. Schools like Kansas seem to be able to recruit, and retain post-commitment, multiple guys of high caliber.

Only at UConn do our lead recruits get scared off by Christian Vital.

Reaction Score
I know they're in the big east but no one talks about players from seton hall. they've had several good players over the years but you don't hear anything about them. Someone above stated that they have a crowded backcourt as well as kansas.

If he comes here with a good head on his shoulders and learns what needs to be done he'll have the keys next year with gilbert and vital (like bazz and boat) when adams is gone (if he busts out this year). he'll get a ton of time here .

Never seen either play but from the footage MAL looks like a larger guard who can get to the rim. Waters seems like a better all around player. Both are good talents
Whitehead left early and stuck in the league after the BE Tourney title. I think Waters is in an interesting place in his recruitment.
Honest question: in what world do recruits decommit from Georgetown to go to Seton Hall?

In what case does the best PG in the class of 2017 have SH as a legit player for his services?

Reaction Score
Honest question: in what world do recruits decommit from Georgetown to go to Seton Hall?
He committed to play for JT3, Seton Hall doesn't have the history of G'Town but Willard has them playing a fun style of play where he lets his guards go. We need Waters more than the Hall does though.

Reaction Score
I don't think you realize just how good SH will be next year if Delgado returns and they land Duval or even Waters. With Duval arguably the best team in the country. With Waters FF good. Cale is a stud.

Reaction Score
He didn't sign a LOI right? Can they put restrictions on where he commits like they do with transfers (I know they can't if he didn't sign a LOI)? Would stink for gtown to lose him then have to play him 2x a year

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was recently at Seton Hall with my kid who's being recruited in another sport. It was amazing how little their basketball program has accomplished. I think only two Big East Championships and the one player they honor all over their Hall of Fame as their best of all-time......Terry Dehere.......

Reaction Score
I don't think you realize just how good SH will be next year if Delgado returns and they land Duval or even Waters. With Duval arguably the best team in the country. With Waters FF good. Cale is a stud.
Seton Hall FF or NC good? I don't know much about their squad, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Reaction Score
I was recently at Seton Hall with my kid who's being recruited in another sport. It was amazing how little their basketball program has accomplished. I think only two Big East Championships and the one player they honor all over their Hall of Fame as their best of all-time.Terry Dehere..
Big East Men's Basketball Tournament - Wikipedia. Terry Dehere was a damn good college player. Big East player of the year and second all-time Big East scorer.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Big East Men's Basketball Tournament - Wikipedia. Terry Dehere was a damn good college player. Big East player of the year and second all-time Big East scorer.
As your top player of all-time? Scoring records are overrated. If you are on a sucky team, you can put up a lot of points.

Breanna Stewart isn't the all-time leading scorer for the UCONN Women but won four national titles. Imagine how may points she would've scored if she was on a sucky team and the main threat?

Everything in perspective.

Reaction Score
As your top player of all-time? Scoring records are overrated. If you are on a sucky team, you can put up a lot of points.

Breanna Stewart isn't the all-time leading scorer for the UConn Women but won four national titles. Imagine how may points she would've scored if she was on a sucky team and the main threat?

Perspective being that, in his four years there, they were a 2, 3, and 4 seed, with a run to the E8 and S16. They won the BE regular season his junior and senior year, and the tournament title his sophomore and senior.

Those were good teams. And those were, no joke, only their 3rd, 4th, and 5th NCAA appearances.

Reaction Score

Breanna Stewart isn't the all-time leading scorer for the UConn Women but won four national titles. Imagine how may points she would've scored if she was on a sucky team and the main threat?

Seton Hall was good when he was there, the Carlesimo years. He was Big East POY, 3 time Big East first team, conference tourny MVP, single season three point record holder, single season three point percentage holder. Not too many people had a better college career than him.

C

Chief00

He apparently isn't playing today unfortunately
I think he may sign with UConn but KO needs to sell him that he isn't a redunancy with Gilbert. It would be interesting how you sell that. I will be like Oz - Any thoughts anyone?

C

Chief00

I can tell you. I grew up in New Haven and UConn is not what it is up north. There arent many die hards down there. They'll root for them and watch them when theg are good, but they dont grow up attending games and loving the program
True about New Haven.

Reaction Score
People on this board seem to get mad at KO if he prioritizes and misses (Diallo) and then if he recognizes there's little chance and so goes in a different direction (Waters). He literally can't win with some people.

I fully support KO prioritizing and going after truly elite talent. It's absolutely necessary to maintain prestige, not to mention the obvious on-court benefits.

However, there's a difference between "prioritizing" and "putting all your eggs in one basket". Far too often, KO has done the latter, whether it's Diallo or a guy like Stone, and that leaves us in a position where we overlook Plans B and C (which have typically done OK for us over the years) and settle for Plan D and a bunch of projects. That doesn't cut it.

Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding in terms of who we bring in and how the team does on the court. And the pudding has been s*** lately.

Reaction Score

In what world do recruits de-commit from UConn to go to Providence?
(Edit: replied before I saw @djct1999 's post. Beat me to it.)

The answer is: the world changes, and formerly elite programs can quickly become run-of-the-mill, or downright irrelevant.

That is what's at stake for this program over the next few years. In the eyes of some national commentators and fans, it may be too late.

Reaction Score
I think he may sign with UConn but KO needs to sell him that he isn't a redunancy with Gilbert. It would be interesting how you sell that. I will be like Oz - Any thoughts anyone?
None of our PGs have his perimeter game. He and Gilbert are actually very different in style of play, so I think they could easily coexist without stepping into each other's way. They could really get out and run and their offensive stats would probably look great. They'd also take UConn's defensive TO% to its highest in years, which would be greatly welcome.

Reaction Score
I grew up in New Haven. A bunch of us used to drive up for games in our teens. Used to go up all the time.
Well im younger, 21. Kids i grew up with didnt give a dam about UConn. I was a one of a handful in my hs who really followed them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom