Tremont Waters | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
It wasn't all that long ago that we had discussions here if we should be considered a blueblood or an elite team. We counted our national championships and the players we put into the NBA. But now survival mode is acceptable ?

Ok. If we don't get any of the last high ranked high school or Juco kids what is your solution?

pj

Reaction Score
You guys are going to feel pretty stupid when you realize that Chief is Ray Allen.

Come on, Fishy. Ray was at the Jordan Classic when Chief was on campus. Chief is Chris Smith.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A little OT: when is college basketball's "signing day"?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Today starts the signing period. It ends May 17
Hmm...why wouldn't it end May 24 when you know who is staying in the draft for scholarship purposes?

C

Chief00

You will never get Chief off the block on this one bl. This is the guy who refuses to budge on the need for concussion protocol. Even though science and the world has moved on.

You know we adjusted our protocol later in the season for the very reasons I cited. Our concussions were all false positives, hence the 1 week recoveries. If they were real concussions it would have taken much longer to resume play.

Reaction Score
You know we adjusted our protocol later in the season for the very reasons I cited. Our concussions were all false positives, hence the 1 week recoveries. If they were real concussions it would have taken much longer to resume play.

You're not even using the word "protocol" correctly. You think it's how they gauge whether there's a concussion. It's not.

But . . . being a self-aggrandizing blowhard is your entire schtick, so this post is a waste of time. To the extent you interact with humans in the real world, I wonder how tired they get of your desperate need to be right about everything. Or do they just humor you like the Board does?

pj

Reaction Score

The CDC recommends a gradual 5-step return protocol, with 24 hours or more at each step, for athletes returning from a concussion. The return protocol can start after cessation of symptoms: Managing Return to Activities | HEADS UP | CDC Injury Center.

If symptoms such as headache and dizziness are gone within 1-2 days, then a 1-week return is supported by this protocol.

Reaction Score
Can you change the mind of a man with no conscience? Simply accept the Chief as is and the board will immediately become less frustrating. I am a full convert and supporter of the pro-Chief experience. It made my day when he conf---'d the Waters scenario.

Reaction Score
Chief,

Love ya, but that's not true, concussions have all different timetables, but yes it is strange that each one was short term.

Reaction Score
Everything changes if we land Tremont.

Have to believe UCONN would be a real contender for a championship each year he is at the school, ticket sales would go through the roof, and HUSKYMANIA would be back.

Stay home Tremont, win a championship and become a Connecticut legend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everything changes if we land Tremont.

Have to believe UConn wold be a real contender for a championship each year he is at the school, ticket sales would go through the roof, and the magic would be back.

I don't know if I would go that far but it certainly would change the upside of the team. That backcourt would have the potential to be the best in the country IMO. Health is no guarantee but the team would only need adequate performance from the 5 spot to be very, very good. There is no program that lives on the border of catastrophe and excellence like UCONN.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chief only gave us confi. We need a confirmed.

Confi/confirmed=55.6%

I was giving a shout out to ol' boy William Shea.

But I like your Chief method better as it gives us a higher percentage. Confirmed.

Reaction Score
You will never get Chief off the block on this one bl. This is the guy who refuses to budge on the need for concussion protocol. Even though science and the world has moved on.
Pfftt, Chief is the guy who claimed the word "racist" was an "out of date label".

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would go that far but it certainly would change the upside of the team. That backcourt would have the potential to be the best in the country IMO. Health is no guarantee but the team would only need adequate performance from the 5 spot to be very, very good. There is no program that lives on the border of catastrophe and excellence like UConn.

I think Miami will have the best backcourt in the country next year. 2 potential 2018 lottery picks, Newton & Chris Lykes. That is very very dynamic.

We share similar enthusiasm for Waters. He is such a cerebral high IQ player with so many intangibles. Really love his game.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would go that far but it certainly would change the upside of the team. That backcourt would have the potential to be the best in the country IMO. Health is no guarantee but the team would only need adequate performance from the 5 spot to be very, very good. There is no program that lives on the border of catastrophe and excellence like UConn.

I think Carlton will provide that adequate performance at the 5 and then some.... and Cobb is actually a very good athlete if they can get him in shape.

Starting lineup:
Waters PG
Adams 2 guard
Vital 3
Larrier 4
Carton 5

Gilbert first man off the bench (hopefully by Jan), followed by Polley, Cobb and hopefully another recruit yet to be named. That IMO would be a fantastic team. If Mamadou can get healthy even better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET