Tremont Waters | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Carlton will provide that adequate performance at the 5 and then some.... and Cobb is actually a very good athlete if they can get him in shape.

Starting lineup:
Waters PG
Adams 2 guard
Vital 3
Larrier 4
Carton 5

Gilbert first man off the bench (hopefully by Jan), followed by Polley, Cobb and hopefully another recruit yet to be named. That IMO would be a fantastic team. If Mamadou can get healthy even better.
If Gilbert is healthy there is zero chance he doesn't start

Reaction Score
I think Miami will have the best backcourt in the country next year. 2 potential 2018 lottery picks, Newton & Chris Lykes. That is very very dynamic.

We share similar enthusiasm for Waters. He is such a cerebral high IQ player with so many intangibles. Really love his game.

Good point. There are a number of backcourts that should be better than ours, I just love the idea of small, skilled, heady guards leading a team. Tremont is probably my favorite player in this class and I am hugely biased but I have just been hearing about this kid for years.

Reaction Score
I think Carlton will provide that adequate performance at the 5 and then some.... and Cobb is actually a very good athlete if they can get him in shape.

Starting lineup:
Waters PG
Adams 2 guard
Vital 3
Larrier 4
Carton 5

Gilbert first man off the bench (hopefully by Jan), followed by Polley, Cobb and hopefully another recruit yet to be named. That IMO would be a fantastic team. If Mamadou can get healthy even better.

If AG is healthy he starts over Waters. I think AG is the better floor general and defensive player (maybe the better player in general). Tremont is the better shooter. Even though AG didn't get much time last year he knows what's expected and the schemes ollie is trying to use. He's ahead of the curve comparative to Tremont.

C

Chief00

The CDC recommends a gradual 5-step return protocol, with 24 hours or more at each step, for athletes returning from a concussion. The return protocol can start after cessation of symptoms: Managing Return to Activities | HEADS UP | CDC Injury Center.

If symptoms such as headache and dizziness are gone within 1-2 days, then a 1-week return is supported by this protocol.
You're not being honest - steps often take several days or weeks - the process can take several weeks or months per the article you posted. The younger the person the more conservative the protocol. The bottomline is that this is a settled issue since they improved their interpretation of the baseline (no symptoms in 24 hours) followed by the 5 steps.

Reaction Score
I think Miami will have the best backcourt in the country next year. 2 potential 2018 lottery picks, Newton & Chris Lykes. That is very very dynamic.

We share similar enthusiasm for Waters. He is such a cerebral high IQ player with so many intangibles. Really love his game.
Are you saying Newton and Lykes would be lottery picks? Or that Brown and Walker would be lottery picks?

Reaction Score
You're not being honest - steps often take several days or weeks - the process can take weeks or months
god give it up. there are varying levels of concussions.

Reaction Score
Good point. There are a number of backcourts that should be better than ours, I just love the idea of small, skilled, heady guards leading a team. Tremont is probably my favorite player in this class and I am hugely biased but I have just been hearing about this kid for years.
If Jalen Adams is who we think he is than that list of backcourts better than our will be really short. I think pp(not you per se) have forgotten how good rique is. He was a 5'11 MCDAA. Reports were coming out that he was the best player in practices last off-season. He's really good

Reaction Score
You're not being honest - steps often take several days or weeks - the process can take several weeks or months per the article you posted. The younger the person the more conservative the protocol. The bottomline is that this is a settled issue since they improved their interpretation of the baseline (no symptoms in 24 hours) followed by the 5 steps.

You're wrong and continue to be wrong in your interpretation of modern day concussion issues/treatment ... there are different grades of concussion and each is treated individually based on mechanism of injury, symptoms (severity/frequency/duration) and past medical history among other factors. Frankly, you are a "casual medical professional" and need further schooling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If AG is healthy he starts over Waters. I think AG is the better floor general and defensive player (maybe the better player in general). Tremont is the better shooter. Even though AG didn't get much time last year he knows what's expected and the schemes ollie is trying to use. He's ahead of the curve comparative to Tremont.
No way larrier starts at the 4, doesn't have that build/ play style of a stretch 4, or the rebounding/block ability, closer to SG than PF, my bet is Mamoudou Diarra(not mamadou) starts at the 4 if we get him, with larrier at the 3, assuming we get TW, him and AG will be 2 guards off the bench with polley, cobb and other diarra playing roles off the bench, doubt TW would play as big a role as a freshman because the backcourt is pretty solid (JA, CV at 1 and 2 with AG first guy off the bench, that being said he would still be huge

Reaction Score
No way larrier starts at the 4, doesn't have that build/ play style of a stretch 4, or the rebounding/block ability, closer to SG than PF, my bet is Mamoudou Diarra(not mamadou) starts at the 4 if we get him, with larrier at the 3, assuming we get TW, him and AG will be 2 guards off the bench with polley, cobb and other diarra playing roles off the bench, doubt TW would play as big a role as a freshman because the backcourt is pretty solid (JA, CV at 1 and 2 with AG first guy off the bench, that being said he would still be huge
Josh Jackson played the 4 for kansas this yr. Same build as terry. Terry is a more than capable rebounder as well.

Reaction Score
TL started the first few games before the injury at PF, RP was the SF, and more than held his own. I hate how people think we are playing in the old NBA. LOL!

Reaction Score

I see it playing out so much differently than that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Larrier may not have the lower body strength, but he is one of those guys who can aggressively target the ball and just use his quickness and jumping ability to get boards. Should be fine at the 4, we've had worse. On offense he will excel with his back to the basket IMO, less awkwardness in doing those fadeways that he always ends up taking just inside the 3 pt arc.

Talent-wise, AG and JA need to be starting 1 and 2.

Reaction Score
This is getting a little Diamond Stone-like here. UConn is Waters' fallback if other things fall through. He could also be swept up by a new P-5 offer if chips fall differently. UConn is the nice girl that he is dragging along if the hotter girls show no interest. There need to be some sanity in that the AAC schedule does nothing to excite recruits. Still a much less than 50% chance that Waters ends up at UConn.

Reaction Score
This is getting a little Diamond Stone-like here. UConn is Waters' fallback if other things fall through. He could also be swept up by a new P-5 offer if chips fall differently. UConn is the nice girl that he is dragging along if the hotter girls show no interest. There need to be some sanity in that the AAC schedule does nothing to excite recruits. Still a much less than 50% chance that Waters ends up at UConn.
Where are you getting this 50%? From you rear-end? I mean let the people with inside knowledge let us know what are real chances are for getting TW.

Reaction Score
Josh Jackson played the 4 for kansas this yr. Same build as terry. Terry is a more than capable rebounder as well.

Yea, this is not the NBA. You see guys like Josh Hart playing the 4 in college. If he plays more like a 2 than a 4 on offense, that's great. The positioning matters more on D and I think Terry will hold his own against most matchups.

You play your best players. The hypothetical of Mamou Diarra starting and Tremont getting limited minutes is absurd.

Reaction Score
TL started the first few games before the injury at PF, RP was the SF, and more than held his own. I hate how people think we are playing in the old NBA. LOL!

Yup. Freaking James Harden has been D'ing up the 4 during recent stretches. Basketball has changed, folks.

Reaction Score

If Duke, UK or KU wants him, he's gone. Good thing is that none appear to really want him. Who else is going to swoop in? He's been recruited for 3 years. He knows his options. There is still a strong appeal for him to come to UCONN and if he enrolls even though we were his 4th option, I could give 2 ships.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You play your best players. The hypothetical of Mamou Diarra starting and Tremont getting limited minutes is absurd.

Seriously, our Diarra is a better fit at PF anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but at the end of the day with injuries and everyting (Obviously we will probably play next year with 4 guys again), Tremont is starting. I love Vital but a competition for minutes with him and Waters should be Waters imo. Let Jalen and Waters run the ACC (or AAC whatever) with injury prone Gilbert as an added boost off the bench and occassional starter

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but at the end of the day with injuries and everyting (Obviously we will probably play next year with 4 guys again), Tremont is starting. I love Vital but a competition for minutes with him and Waters should be Waters imo. Let Jalen and Waters run the ACC (or AAC whatever) with injury prone Gilbert as an added boost off the bench and occassional starter
Your seriously underrating Gilbert...

Reaction Score
He's had one injury. Is that injury prone?

Reaction Score
I would be hesitant to have AG taking hits on that shoulder until a full year has gone by since surgery, which means he wouldn't be playing until Jan. We need AG in March not November. Landing Waters would give him more time to heal.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ya gotta love the so-called Husky fans posting on this thread about why other schools are a better fit for Waters, and bashing the team and conference. Do you want him here or not? Please leave your UConn fan access cards with the receptionist on your way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom