Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Which brings up the possible question,
Austin or Collier ?
Let's see, this is the new Transfer thread so IMO it should only contain opinions and posts about players in the transfer portal, so, is Collier in the portal?
If not, why bring her name up??????? It's disrespectful to her, her coaches, her team mates and her school!!!!!

Reaction Score
I wonder how this year's and next's tall recruits would view that development?

I believe she's only got two years of eligibility so not too much of a long term issue...........Piath appears to be a long term project and I view Edwards as a multi positional player that will get her minutes regardless of Austin's presence.............

Reaction Score
Let's see, this is the new Transfer thread so IMO it should only contain opinions and posts about players in the transfer portal, so, is Collier in the portal?
If not, why bring her name up??????? It's disrespectful to her, her coaches, her team mates and her school!!!!!
I agree. Where did this come from?

Plus after the last go-around why would you trust a commitment from Collier as far as you could throw her, which - unless your'e a lot bigger than me - isn't very far, considering her size... :p:p

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I agree. Where did this come from?

Plus after the last go-around why would you trust a commitment from Collier as far as you could throw her, which - unless your'e a lot bigger than me - isn't very far, considering her size... :p:p
IMO, some posters just like to bring up stuff no matter what the truth is or the facts are.
Just dangling the line out, hoping for a nibble and then the swerve is on...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And you chose not to answer my questions but by doing so, you did answer.
This question came up on the Women's General Board. You can get your answer there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So when you brought up Collier in the General Board Transfer thread today, it was just an "oh, I am just gonna pick the name of a player from another team who has not actually put her name in the portal but once had some interest in UConn" moment? Interesting.

Unseemly.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
So when you brought up Collier in the General Board Transfer thread today, it was just an "oh, I am just gonna pick the name of a player from another team who has not actually put her name in the portal but once had some interest in UConn" moment? Interesting.
No. I picked the name of a player who played for a team that under achieved and did not do a good job of developing one of her highly touted teammates. Also, UConn could use another talented player her size and has a spot on their roster. She has the height, talent, and ability that could help UConn. Does that meet with you and UConnCat's approval? You have your opinion and I have mine. The question was IF they wanted to come to UConn who would people pick. Read the whole post before you make an uninformed comment.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't look forward to transfers as a rule. (I am taking my allowed exception to the rule in anticipation of Evina.) Transfers haven't really worked out as advertised and I would rather the coaches spend time developing the players on the roster. I am a big believer in a developmental arc where players struggle to show gradual improvements and then for some reason show massive improvement. I enjoy getting behind the girls when they are struggling and mark all the little things that give me indications that the improvement is on schedule. Although I quit coaching in the 90's, it is still a thrill for me to see someone work hard, not quit, and then experience the breakthrough. And then the really good ones, use that breakthrough as a stepping stone.

Reaction Score
IMO while Austin would be a nice pickup, she's not a Need.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" Junior Next Year.
Aaiyah Edwards 6'2 Freshmen
Piath Gabriel 6' 5" Freshmen
Amari DeBerry 6'5" Class of 2021

Only Gabriel is considered a player that needs more development to be successful her 1st year.

All of a sudden UConn has an abundance of bigs? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I would translate to say in ONE year UConn will have a solid set of bigs. If your goal is to win the Championship, unless your frosh is named Boston, you don't want to count on freshman. I.e. one of the reasons why a solid transfer who can pound the boards and play defense would be a wonderful thing.

Reaction Score

we don't know how "big" Edwards plays at the next level yet...............even if she's "Collierlike" is she really a big in comparison to UConn's elite competition? Gabriel may or may not be useful as a lane filler................I'm interested to see what she can do but don't expect too much as a freshman..........so the search for a one or two year transfer with experience and ability should certainly not be frowned on...............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
we don't know how "big" Edwards plays at the next level yet...............even if she's "Collierlike" is she really a big in comparison to UConn's elite competition? Gabriel may or may not be useful as a lane filler................I'm interested to see what she can do but don't expect too much as a freshman..........so the search for a one or two year transfer with experience and ability should certainly not be frowned on...............
She played pretty darn big vs the US National team. If Aaliyah can bang in the paint with the likes of Sylvia Fowles & Steph, I think she’ll be able to hold her own against the opponents she’ll see in college.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why SHakira Austin, a player important to her team, would want to transfer. I'm sure she has her reasons. I just don't understand it.

Reaction Score
She played pretty darn big vs the US National team. If Aaliyah can bang in the paint with the likes of Sylvia Fowles & Steph, I think she’ll be able to hold her own against the opponents she’ll see in college.

that is certainly the hope but one exhibition game doesn't make it so.............I simply haven't seen enough of her to feel 100% confident that the front court weaknesses that were part of the problem in the three losses are solved especially now with the loss of Walker..............Edwards will get her chance at stardom whether UConn brings in another big player or not and I sure hope she can walk in NC's footsteps........

Reaction Score
Don't understand why SHakira Austin, a player important to her team, would want to transfer. I'm sure she has her reasons. I just don't understand it.
Brenda wanted her to be a center. They didn’t see eye to eye.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
IMO while Austin would be a nice pickup, she's not a Need.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa 6'4" Junior Next Year.
Aaiyah Edwards 6'2 Freshmen
Piath Gabriel 6' 5" Freshmen
Amari DeBerry 6'5" Class of 2021

Only Gabriel is considered a player that needs more development to be successful her 1st year.
Dont forget Aubrey who played at the 4 this year, following in the footsteps of Jamelle and BT as an undersized power forward

Reaction Score
If a 6'3" power forward with AA potential appears who is ready to step in and play significant minutes from game 1 then welcome but I don't see that player.
Shakira Austin from MD just entered the portal: does she fit your criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom