Transfer thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Davenport highlights from USA basketball. She played well. That USA basketball version of her could definitely make a contribution at UCONN. BTW both Christyn Williams and ONO were on this USA basketball squad yet it was Davenport who made the All-star 5 for the tournament as seen at the very end of the video.

Looks like she had great coaching. Unlike many bigs who wander around outside the key, Davenport used her size and inside skills well, rarely moving away from basket. Loved how she looked in video. Unlikely she migrates to UConn but sure looks like she would be a contributor.

Reaction Score
Davenport highlights from USA basketball. She played well. That USA basketball version of her could definitely make a contribution at UCONN. BTW both Christyn Williams and ONO were on this USA basketball squad yet it was Davenport who made the All-star 5 for the tournament as seen at the very end of the video.

yes that's the player I remember..............how she could struggle to even get off the bench at the DI level is hard to believe........

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
yes that's the player I remember..............how she could struggle to even get off the bench at the DI level is hard to believe........
She appeared kind of loss when she’d get into games, and it appeared a struggle to get up and down the floor when we pushed in transition and pressed.

I think she would best fit on a team that didn’t push the ball or press, but that is just my opinion.

Reaction Score
She appeared kind of loss when she’d get into games, and it appeared a struggle to get up and down the floor when we pushed in transition and pressed.

I think she would best fit on a team that didn’t push the ball or press, but that is just my opinion.

perhaps it was an attitude issue as opposed to a physical one........

Reaction Score
Do we know if UConn has been connected to any of the current transfers in the portal? I would think we would need at least 1 if not 2 more players to add to the roster for the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Do we know if UConn has been connected to any of the current transfers in the portal? I would think we would need at least 1 if not 2 more players to add to the roster for the upcoming season.
I agree with you but Geno will do his best and it may not happen.

Reaction Score
Hearing there is a possibility that Unique Thompson may be Grad transferring from Auburn (nothing confirmed). If this turns out to be true, she would be a great front court player that could help UConn.

Reaction Score
Hearing there is a possibility that Unique Thompson may be Grad transferring from Auburn (nothing confirmed). If this turns out to be true, she would be a great front court player that could help UConn.
She could help anyone but I have heard she is staying at Auburn.

Reaction Score
This was posted on the General Board, but in response to @Krrt82's post, three Auburn players have recently entered the transfer portal:
--Robyn Benton (espnW #17 in 2018) 10.1 PPG
--Brooke Moore (espnW #39 in 2018) 8.6 PPG
--Lauren Hansen (espnW #71 in 2019) 7.9 PPG

This is in addition to two players who left Auburn midseason -- Abigayle Jackson (Missouri State) and Maliya Perry (Dayton).

Auburn has now lost their top 2-5 scorers from a team that went 11-18 overall and 4-12 in the SEC.

Reaction Score
As @UConnCat previously noted, Stanford's DiJonai Carrington is in fact in the transfer portal. She will be a grad-transfer.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
As @UConnCat previously noted, Stanford's DiJonai Carrington is in fact in the transfer portal. She will be a grad-transfer.
A poster on the Stanford forum, The Cardboard, said Carrington recently friended Brenda Freese at Maryland on a Social Media platform. Not sure if that is enough to read anything into it.

Reaction Score
Olivia Owens anybody?............UConn didn't bite when she was in high school........5 stars, #34 in Hoopgurlz 2018..............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Olivia Owens anybody?............UConn didn't bite when she was in high school........5 stars, #34 in Hoopgurlz 2018..............
Owens has basically disappeared at MD. There was a reason that Geno didn’t pursue Owens after watching her play in HS.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Owens has basically disappeared at MD. There was a reason that Geno didn’t pursue Owens after watching her play in HS.
Of course there was a reason, that reason also has no bearing on the current UCONN situation. When Geno last evaluated Olivia Owens, Charlie Collier had committed to be the primary UCONN post player for the foreseeable future. Austin, ONO, NaLyssa Smith, Owens & Prince were all evaluated as "complementary" pieces-aka could they play along side and be complementary to Collier. That all fell apart in a 9 month span when Collier decommitted. UCONN situation has changed drastically and fresh eyes are mandatory. BTW, post players take longer to develop.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Likely one of the bigger grad transfers in the offseason. Averaged 14 points and 7.5 rebounds last year for a good Stanford team.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Of course there was a reason, that reason also has no bearing on the current UCONN situation. When Geno last evaluated Olivia Owens, Charlie Collier had committed to be the primary UCONN post player for the foreseeable future. Austin, ONO, NaLyssa Smith, Owens & Prince were all evaluated as "complementary" pieces-aka could they play along side and be complementary to Collier. That all fell apart in a 9 month span when Collier decommitted. UCONN situation has changed drastically and fresh eyes are mandatory. BTW, post players take longer to develop.
The last sentence is a classic. BTW, never start a land war in Asia. ;)

Reaction Score
Olivia Owens is a true powerful center. She only played sparingly as a freshman mostly because she was a foul machine. She could put up 3 fouls in 2 minutes, she’s very aggressive. She redshirted this year and will have 3 years remaining. She is extremely powerful and has a lot of talent if she can master her fouling. She is a great kid, very supportive on the bench, enthusiastic, and great chemistry. My guess is she‘s probably leaving because she wants to be a starting center at a P5 school, which she should certainly be. She most likely would not be starting at MD for 2 years. She should be a huge pick up for some school if healthy, but I think she will go to a school where she will definitely start.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re suggesting that Geno should reconsider Owens. Last I heard, you were suggesting an impact transfer. In her freshman year at MD, Owens played mop up minutes only in just 16 games averaging about a point a game.

This past year Owens was something of a mystery. She had some kind of illness at the start of the season and never played a single game. I certainly hope Owens is healthy and finds a place to play, but under the circumstances, why would Geno ever consider her as a transfer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re suggesting that Geno should reconsider Owens. Last I heard, you were suggesting an impact transfer. In her freshman year at MD, Owens played mop up minutes only in just 16 games averaging about a point a game.

This past year Owens was something of a mystery. She had some kind of illness at the start of the season and never played a single game. I certainly hope Owens is healthy and finds a place to play, but under the circumstances, why would Geno ever consider her as a transfer?
Not suggesting anything and there is not much of mystery. There is only one circumstance under which Geno would consider Owens or any other recruit for that matter: she must be able to help THIS team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not suggesting anything and there is not much of mystery. There is only one circumstance under which Geno would consider Owens or any other recruit for that matter: she must be able to help THIS team.
Which takes us back to my original post. Owens is not a player who can help THIS team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Which takes us back to my original post. Owens is not a player who can help THIS team.
Which brings me right back to disagreeing with you. Owens and Davenport have the potential to contribute more to this team than transfer Evelyn did to her UCONN team and more than Batouly, also a transfer, contributed to any of her 3 UCONN teams. You seem to want a sure thing and there ain’t one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom