Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
What on earth is going on at Vanderbilt? This is getting Kentucky-esque.

Neither of those players were recruited by White. Although freshman in her first season they are Balcombs recruits. Watching the style that Vandy wants to play this doesn’t surprise me plus that sophomore class is about 6 or so deep.

Reaction Score
Great campus alone won't keep these players in Santa Barbara

Yeah Matthew Mitchell said the Kentucky mass exodus of players & coaches was all “separate cases with separate reasons” too. Yeah, right.

Reaction Score
Nothing official about transferring but... Boothe will not play again this year for Texas, personal reasons was the explanation.
If you want an earful on this, go over to the Vols site, provided you can stomach it.

Reaction Score
Yeah Matthew Mitchell said the Kentucky mass exodus of players & coaches was all “separate cases with separate reasons” too. Yeah, right.

Did he? It may have taken him a while, but eventually he said he realized that he needed to do better and wasnt working well enough with the players.

Reaction Score
Did he? It may have taken him a while, but eventually he said he realized that he needed to do better and wasnt working well enough with the players.
Correct - the “separate cases” jive was before he finally broke down and owned it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
It's gonna be a massive rebuild for whoever gets hired in Pullman.
It was a massive rebuild starting in June of 2010 in Corvallis. I would be willing to say there might be a bit more in the tank at Pullman. It is the worst destination locations for any of the Pac12 teams, although the Zags can draw fans and recruit players in Spokane which is about 70 miles away from Pullman. Just dont go with a recycled (numerous jobs) career coach.

Reaction Score
You kind of have to read between the lines here. Chris would not put this out there unless the players were impact players (top 100).
Since these are not UCONN players I'm going to throw some names out there:
Westbrook of TN
Oyenwere of UCLA
Kiana Smith of Cal
Destiny Littleton of TX

I follow Cal closely, and I don't think Kianna Smith is looking to transfer. Not just because she had a great year (8.6 ppg, 4.75 apg, 31.8 mpg, starting 31 of 32 games) and is poised to have a big role and bright future at Cal, but also because she and her family have always been so positive and enthusiastic about Cal and the coaches. Furthermore, she chose Cal over UCLA and seemed to want to stay in California during her recruitment, and it's of course very rare for a player to transfer within conference.

I've seen speculation about Destiny Littleton, but what I've read has been based strictly on her lack of playing time, no inside information from her or her "camp."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Anyone want to speculate when the 1st "name (former Top 50 or 100 recruit)" player's transfer announcement is made (non UConn player of course)?
I am kinda surprised that nobody has been announced yet, especially about a certain freshman Texas player.
Or I guess that this year's kids will wait until after the rumored transfer rules are implemented.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She was a good player for the Aggies. I was a bit surprised by this.
Same here...wonder if it's Chennedy Carter thing? I would think some players could be put off by her way of playing bball, even if it works 20% of the time.:D

Reaction Score
Wow. I would love to see her in Storrs but she will probably not even consider us.

Most likely will play in the Southeast but she sure would solve any UConn rebounding issues for one year.................simply off the charts at both ends of the court.........she's from Atlanta .......maybe UGA or how about adding to the mess at Tennessee.........

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that Anriel Howard will end up with Dawn at South Carolina? ;)

Actually, it might be interesting to see how the graduate-transfer option applies to intra-conference transfers. Looks like she has a full release.

But, she's not graduating until mid to late August. So, then she enrolls in the Fall (early September) at her new school, which means very limited practice time with her new team.

Good luck to her. Enjoy watching players who give maximum effort on the court.

Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that Anriel Howard will end up with Dawn at South Carolina? ;)

Actually, it might be interesting to see how the graduate-transfer option applies to intra-conference transfers. Looks like she has a full release.

But, she's not graduating until mid to late August. So, then she enrolls in the Fall (early September) at her new school, which means very limited practice time with her new team.

I overlooked SC............that's certainly a distinct possibility as Dawn is the queen of transfers........

Reaction Score
Most likely will play in the Southeast but she sure would solve any UConn rebounding issues for one year.......simply off the charts at both ends of the court....
Most likely will play in the Southeast but she sure would solve any UConn rebounding issues for one year.......simply off the charts at both ends of the court....

If she wants to play closer to home her final year, South Carolina , Georgia, and Tennessee are all within a few hours from Atlanta. If she wants to challenge for a championship that would open up a lot of other schools including UConn. I guess it really depends on why she is transferring .

Reaction Score

She would definitely help offset the 12+ boards a game SC lose with A'ja.

Reaction Score
If she wants to play closer to home her final year, South Carolina , Georgia, and Tennessee are all within a few hours from Atlanta. If she wants to challenge for a championship that would open up a lot of other schools including UConn. I guess it really depends on why she is transferring .

interesting how you wrote that.............."If she wants to challenge for a championship that would open up a lot of other schools including UConn"...........just a couple of days ago many here would have written "if you want to win a championship you go to UConn........." .........times have changed already...........

Reaction Score

most likely just tired of watching Chennedy's backside as she races down the court one on three...........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom