Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She's now listed on Texas Techs roster.

She hasn't had the easiest college career, regardless of the reasons, I hope she can find a place to play if that's what she wants.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow! Did Dawn just call Muffet a liar?

“Because a lot of times you gotta be a really good liar to get a waiver OK’eD”

Dawn Staley on Te’a Cooper waiver: ‘I just want a decision. It’s been a month’

I just posted a slightly more subtle pondering of the same thing over on McGraw's Bench.
But since you raised it :rolleyes:, I sure hope not and that she's just venting frustration at how long the process is taking. If that was the case, she should pick up the phone and dial South Bend because MM and Shepard waited a lot longer than they expected to, as well.

On the other (attack) hand, it does seems that Dawn is using the "attack tool-chest" currently in favor by so many politicians: if one charge does not stick (injuries), try another (lying). Maybe one of the charges might help your cause; anything else is collateral damage. Might expect this behavior out of politically misaligned senators but to even ponder it from a coaching colleague, whew?!

Dawn just won a national championship and now has the keys to the U.S. National team? Maybe that's the problem: "I want it. Give it to me...now!"

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Dillon- I 100% agree that Dawn is behaving irrationally on this. To have expectations of quick answer on a situation that is so clearly defined and on the player and then to call out the NCAA? Not what great leaders do. I happen to like Dawn but she has tarnished her image here by behaving like this. I am now officially worried with her leading USA’s National Team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dillon- I 100% agree that Dawn is behaving irrationally on this. To have expectations of quick answer on a situation that is so clearly defined and on the player and then to call out the NCAA? Not what great leaders do. I happen to like Dawn but she has tarnished her image here by behaving like this. I am now officially worried with her leading USA’s National Team.

Yup, this is concerning (in general).

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I love Dawn more than anyone and have said so many times here. In her handling of this entire situation, calling out the NCAA publicly and now calling out other programs as liars I have less love for her. Mainly because Cooper is not the kind of player that is worth this level of frustration.
Having said all that, there is absolutely no correlation to this and how Dawn will continue to handle the National team.

Reaction Score
I love Dawn more than anyone and have said so many times here. In her handling of this entire situation, calling out the NCAA publicly and now calling out other programs as liars I have less love for her. Mainly because Cooper is not the kind of player that is worth this level of frustration.
Having said all that, there is absolutely no correlation to this and how Dawn will continue to handle the National team.

I think the pressure of increased expectations that comes with winning the national championship is a factor here..............that said, Dawn really has little to worry about because South Carolina is not repeating............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

She hasn't had the easiest college career, regardless of the reasons, I hope she can find a place to play if that's what she wants.

Sounds to me like she should go to a division 2 school where she can play right away (today), and finish her college education. She's not having much luck finding a place in division 1 schools. Perhaps if her skill set allows, after graduation, she can hook on with a professional team overseas.

Reaction Score
Wow! Did Dawn just call Muffet a liar?

“Because a lot of times you gotta be a really good liar to get a waiver OK’eD”

Dawn Staley on Te’a Cooper waiver: ‘I just want a decision. It’s been a month’
When doing business of with an all powerful group--it is call "creative writing" and to perfectly honest, creative writing is more accurate than lying. Those groups look for specific wording, phraseology. Whether the group writing the request for waiver (it's usually a group effort) lies through their teeth; the examination of the Request and the final decision after observing those words lies with that authority ( NCAA in this case).
So whether Muffet lied--it becomes--tough banana's --blame the NCAA not Muffet, she/they were only REQUESTING, her/their right.
Dump your anger on the NCAA--the decision was theirs and theirs alone.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the pressure of increased expectations that comes with winning the national championship is a factor here....that said, Dawn really has little to worry about because South Carolina is not repeating..
Nonsense. If I didn't know better, just by looking at the two coaches this year, I say Geno is carrying more pressure from NOT winning the championship than Dawn is from winning it. Good thing I know better and so should you. Dawn expectations of repeating went down drastically with Davis and Gray going to WNBA. UCONN's chances went up greatly once Azura became eligible. Both are capable coaches there is no pressure from increased expectations.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. If I didn't know better, just by looking at the two coaches this year, I say Geno is carrying more pressure from NOT winning the championship than Dawn is from winning it. Good thing I know better and so should you. Dawn expectations of repeating went down drastically with Davis and Gray going to WNBA. UCONN's chances went up greatly once Azura became eligible. Both are capable coaches there is no pressure from increased expectations.

Do you really think Geno cares what others think of this year's team? Much of his pressure if he feels any is self imposed.............Regarding Dawn.............did you not see see her tantrum after the Missouri game? The us against the world mentality...............feel free to disagree but as far as I'm concerned she's clearly feeling the strain that comes with being defending champs whether she has a team capable of repeating or not............

Here's Dawn in her own words talking about the pressure of being defending champs

The Gamecocks face the curse of being the defending National Champions

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you really think Geno cares what others think of this year's team?
Nope. That was exactly my point.
Regarding Dawn...did you not see see her tantrum after the Missouri game? The us against the world mentality.....feel free to disagree
I do disagree. The tantrum after getting kicked out of the Missouri game was , how should I put this-"yearly & normal" for Dawn. The us against the world mentality has always been in Dawn - that's a Philly thing. Geno's version of that same Philly thing is he doesn't care what others think.
Much as people don't like to admit it Geno, Dawn & Muffet are cut from the same cloth. Defending or contending, injuried players, lack of blue chip recruits just don't matter. Schedule the game and they are going to try and beat you with what they got.

Reaction Score

I do disagree. The tantrum after getting kicked out of the Missouri game was , how should I put this-"yearly & normal" for Dawn. The us against the world mentality has always been in Dawn - that's a Philly thing. Geno's version of that same Philly thing is he doesn't care what others think.
Much as people don't like to admit it Geno, Dawn & Muffet are cut from the same cloth. Defending or contending, injuried players, lack of blue chip recruits just don't matter. Schedule the game and they are going to try and beat you with what they got.

You seem to be arguing both sides here..............on one hand you say Geno feels the pressure of winning a championship more then Dawn does as the current champion yet you say that Geno doesn't care what other people think............I presented Dawn's interview where she voices her concern that everybody is out to get SC because they are the champions and yet you say she feels no pressure.............I certainly could be wrong but I'm comfortable with my position............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You seem to be arguing both sides here....on one hand you say Geno feels the pressure of winning a championship more then Dawn does as the current champion yet you say that Geno doesn't care what other people think..I presented Dawn's interview where she voices her concern that everybody is out to get SC because they are the champions and yet you say she feels no pressure...I certainly could be wrong but I'm comfortable with my position..
You missed the part where I said “if I didn’t know better and the part where I said “i do know better.” In Dawn’s mind everyone was out to get SC before they became champions nothing new there. Nothing new in Geno attitude for 35 years either.

Reaction Score

Normal how? Want to cite another example of her being ejected or complaining about the officials?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Normal how? Want to cite another example of her being ejected or complaining about the officials?
usa_today_9994149.0.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
While I'm all over this issue in other threads I've missed the discussion here.

I've implored Dawn to stop begging. This is just not a good look for her and I can not figure why she's going down this path. As @Phil and I discussed at the Temple game, it's not like Dawn doesn't know the phone number of folks at the NCAA. I don't think ex parte communications are prohibited. Why go public in this way? Calling out other schools for lying? She's lost her mind on this one and may have positioned it so that the NCAA would look worse (if possible) by granting the waiver.

As I said to Phil on Sunday, imagine if Geno were engaging in this sort of public bashing of the NCAA just to have a player declared eligible. Voepel and others would be all over it. Yet, nary a word from the national media.

I'm with @Charliebball on this one. Maybe the pressure of winning in Wilson's senior year is behind this. That and approval of the Shepard waiver (a head scratcher for sure) seem to have irked Dawn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom