Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As kids return to college some of the remaining transfers have chosen their future homes.

One player I was really interested was Arella Guirantes and her destination. She has ended up at Rutgers University and CViv.

Another high profile player that I didn't realize was transferring was ESPN HoopGurlz 15th ranked 2016 Valerie Higgins. She will be leaving University of Southern California and is headed to Pacific. Likely due to the coaching change.

Women's Hoops Adds Transfer Valerie Higgins From USC - Pacific

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Other players of note that haven't landed anywhere, yet......

Lanie Page 6'3 F Kansas State
Alyssa Dry 5'7 G Baylor
Makenzie Calvert 5'9 G Kansas
Gabby Gregory 5'8 G Wisconsin
Sade Chatman 6'1 F Delaware
Eleanor Jones 6'2 F Colorado
Jordan Augustus 5'11 G St Johns

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As kids return to college some of the remaining transfers have chosen their future homes.

One player I was really interested was Arella Guirantes and her destination. She has ended up at Rutgers University and CViv.

Another high profile player that I didn't realize was transferring was ESPN HoopGurlz 15th ranked 2016 Valerie Higgins. She will be leaving University of Southern California and is headed to Pacific. Likely due to the coaching change.

Women's Hoops Adds Transfer Valerie Higgins From USC - Pacific

Thanks for the post. I did not know Valerie Higgins transferred to Pacific. I saw her play 3 times during her HS career at Chaminade Prep, and once last year with USC. She'll do well at Pacific (Stockton, CA) on and off the court. Pacific is a D-1 mid-major institution that is a former member of the BIG West Conference, now a member of the West Coast Conference.

New coach (Mark Trakh) coming in at USC as you stated may have been a factor. Mariya Moore transferring in to USC from Louisville this year to join her sister Minyon may have also been a contributing factor. Her playing time was minimal last year with the Trojans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
upload_2017-8-20_19-27-4.png

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Yes, Brooks to Weber State.

Cant find anything on Aisha Edwards.

Did find this article which simply states "no longer with the program" which could mean a variety of things especially with the context of "the school declined to elaborate"

Didn't realize she started out at Miami then went to Chipola College before West Virginia.

The Dominion Post - Sharpshooter leaves WVU women’s team

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Imho, the transfer rule is optimal (1 yr off and still getting 4 years + practice year) balancing the needs of students leaving sub-optimal situations with the need to keep the core of teams intact to allow future recruitment planning. It is disingenuous to compare the freedom of student movement to coach movement since the latter occurs quite infrequently and if the transition is done properly, does not greatly affect the programs.

There are already procedures of appeal to deal with truly egregious cases in which case, students can transfer without any bench time.

Reaction Score
Imho, the transfer rule is optimal (1 yr off and still getting 4 years + practice year) balancing the needs of students leaving sub-optimal situations with the need to keep the core of teams intact to allow future recruitment planning. It is disingenuous to compare the freedom of student movement to coach movement since the latter occurs quite infrequently and if the transition is done properly, does not greatly affect the programs.

There are already procedures of appeal to deal with truly egregious cases in which case, students can transfer without any bench time.

And of course College Students in Transferring don't make as much with the transfer that the coaches do. Fake Equivalency (I got permission to use this)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This reads as Alyssa Dry has given up basketball?? I could be misinterpreting it though.
"Alyssa Dry has turned professional trainer this summer working with youths as a means to spread her faith."

Baylor Lady Bears’ 2017/18 Basketball Roster Is Extremely Thin Yet Talented and Nabs 5 Star 2018 Commits

With all this talk of the talent coming out of Texas, Baylor has has last year's POY in Texas hitting the court this coming season in Alexis Morris. Watch Morris, Richards and Ursin to make an immediate impact.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything on McKenzie Calvert. I wonder where or if she’s playing.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Not sure where to put this.

Im thinking she would be a 2018 Transfer.....

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything on McKenzie Calvert. I wonder where or if she’s playing.

Nope! Should surface at or around Christmas. If she wants to continue playing basketball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99