Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am shocked that no one from the Tennessee Lady Vols has transferred. I am also shocked that DePaul had 4 transfers. My one question is-So is Vic becoming South Carolina "lite" with all the transfers? :rolleyes:

My non-transfer comment to those Britany Griner naysayers is-given all the success that Stewie had in the college game, when does it transfer to the pro's? I mean she was supposed to be a transcendental player and we are now entering year 3 of her pro-WNBA career. My point is to use the same discerning eye on one of our own that we use on other non-UConn players.

To me, I like Stewie but I thought she would have had better numbers and results in the W so far but maybe that speaks to the true talent in the W and we all should be cutting Ms. Griner some slack as she has been elite in the W.

Reaction Score
I am shocked that no one from the Tennessee Lady Vols has transferred..

I dont know why you think someone would transfer from TN.

They return just 7 players. 2 of them are seniors. 1 (Harris) is walk-on quality and yet gets a scholarship at a p5 school. The other 4 are rising sophs who will get mega playing time, including 3 who will start and run the team effectively on and off court.

Why exactly would any of them be unhappy?

Reaction Score

They return just 7 players. 2 of them are seniors. 1 (Harris) is walk-on quality and yet gets a scholarship at a p5 school. The other 4 are rising sophs who will get mega playing time, including 3 who will start and run the team effectively on and off court.

How about because they have a very nice but crappy coach who can't help them improve their game?

Reaction Score
How about because they have a very nice but crappy coach who can't help them improve their game?

If that were important to them, they probably would not have gone there in the 1st place.
And even if they believed it now, it would still have to outweigh the upside of being the star on a team for the next 3 years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My non-transfer comment to those Britany Griner naysayers is-given all the success that Stewie had in the college game, when does it transfer to the pro's? I mean she was supposed to be a transcendental player and we are now entering year 3 of her pro-WNBA career. My point is to use the same discerning eye on one of our own that we use on other non-UConn players.

To me, I like Stewie but I thought she would have had better numbers and results in the W so far but maybe that speaks to the true talent in the W and we all should be cutting Ms. Griner some slack as she has been elite in the W.[/QUOTE]

Uhm... I don't know how to break this to you but Stewie's numbers PPG, RPG are significantly better than Griners' first two season in the WNBA. I'll be glad to give Griner some slack and you some time to check your facts!

Breanna Stewart - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Brittney Griner - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So where is Stewie transferring to? I thought she played her 4 years and won her 4 NCs and her eligibility was up. Unless she's transferring to South Bend where we know anything that benefits the Irish can happen...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So where is Stewie transferring to?.
58bef33aa1aa501b008b45af-750-377.png

Reaction Score
Not sure how good the source but Alyssa Alston from Ole Miss is transferring to St John’s

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

There was some minor drama/turmoil going on with Anastasia Hayes' father and his denigrating some of the other players. His Facebook comments and Twitter texts were not the best face to have put out there. Also, two of the freshman were not happy with their playing time/evolution of their games and they had open discussions on leaving. Maybe Holly went in and did some triage to soothe their feelings and reassure them for next year. Again, just surprised that given some of the talent they have, once they have seen how dysfunctional and the lack of player development that no one has left and continues to "drink the Kool-Aid".

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

To me, I like Stewie but I thought she would have had better numbers and results in the W so far but maybe that speaks to the true talent in the W and we all should be cutting Ms. Griner some slack as she has been elite in the W.

Uhm... I don't know how to break this to you but Stewie's numbers PPG, RPG are significantly better than Griners' first two season in the WNBA. I'll be glad to give Griner some slack and you some time to check your facts!

Breanna Stewart - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Brittney Griner - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA[/QUOTE]
Coco-my comment is not to denigrate Stewie at all, more of the fact that she was/is also supposed to be the "next icon" of basketball similar to what Britany Griner was to be. I did not say anything about numbers per se' more about elevating the team to conference finals/championship so you are getting a bit defensive (I also suspected some would not be thrilled with my observation). Both women have played very well is my point and criticism of Griner has been excessive considering her numbers. I am hopeful Stewie will lead her team to the finals and/or championship soon but I am still a bit underwhelmed by Stewie's first two years given all her talent/hype. I think this also points to how much even talent there is among the 12 teams for them to neutralize great players. Putting Stewie/Griner in the same sentence as EDD, Maya, DT, Bird, Parker, Fowles, Charles is still pretty good company.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco-my comment is not to denigrate Stewie at all, more of the fact that she was/is also supposed to be the "next icon" of basketball similar to what Britany Griner was to be. I did not say anything about numbers per se' more about elevating the team to conference finals/championship so you are getting a bit defensive (I also suspected some would not be thrilled with my observation). Both women have played very well is my point and criticism of Griner has been excessive considering her numbers. I am hopeful Stewie will lead her team to the finals and/or championship soon but I am still a bit underwhelmed by Stewie's first two years given all her talent/hype. I think this also points to how much even talent there is among the 12 teams for them to neutralize great players. Putting Stewie/Griner in the same sentence as EDD, Maya, DT, Bird, Parker, Fowles, Charles is still pretty good company.

Honestly, do you ever read what you write! Ever? If you want me to be less defensive trying be less offensive.

Reaction Score

Cleveland State’s Ashanti Abshaw. Took a visit to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder what is going on with this kid. One day she's transferring to WVA and the next she's remaining at SC...smh.

Seems pretty simple : she announced the transfer, and then Staley wooed her back.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess she figured out that she can beat out the other 20 guards on the team and start.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kind of a late announcement but not that surprising, Taylor Kalmer is transferring from Oregon St. to San Diego St. Has one year of eligibility left. Not sure if she is scheduled to graduate after 3 years or if she will have to sit out a RS year at SDSU. She's a player that showed some flashes of potential but was never able to get regular extended minutes and the situation would not likely have changed in '18-'19 in Corvallis.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...wgr%5Eauthor&usg=AOvVaw3MFKpGFO-IIqI2vi2wfohZ

Reaction Score
what do you think happened and are you mildly or wildly excited by this news?

I don't have a high level of excitement about it. Combo guard is not something USC has a shortage of and her departure made sense to me.

Unless there is something we don't know about the roster, the guard situation is even more jumbled now than she made the decision to transfer. USC signed a transfer in the interim.

That said, if she can shoot close to 40% from three point land as she did last we saw her, she could be useful. With that team of stars, she found a decent balance for in my view the first time in her career. If she stays there, that would be fine.

Reaction Score
I don't have a high level of excitement about it. Combo guard is not something USC has a shortage of and her departure made sense to me.

Unless there is something we don't know about the roster, the guard situation is even more jumbled now than she made the decision to transfer. USC signed a transfer in the interim.

That said, if she can shoot close to 40% from three point land as she did last we saw her, she could be useful. With that team of stars, she found a decent balance for in my view the first time in her career. If she stays there, that would be fine.
She sure came through in the championship game verse Miss State. Fantastic job shutting down Morgan William when William was streaking.

Reaction Score
Kind of a late announcement but not that surprising, Taylor Kalmer is transferring from Oregon St. to San Diego St. Has one year of eligibility left. Not sure if she is scheduled to graduate after 3 years or if she will have to sit out a RS year at SDSU. She's a player that showed some flashes of potential but was never able to get regular extended minutes and the situation would not likely have changed in '18-'19 in Corvallis.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiw_7qkm5PbAhUDWq0KHSqsBUkQ6F4ILTAB&url=https://twitter.com/tkalmer24?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor&usg=AOvVaw3MFKpGFO-IIqI2vi2wfohZ
This is a bummer for OSU Fans. One of my favorites. I know she would have been challenged to get minutes with Destiny Slocum coming on board. I wish this kid the very best. She has game, and, I hope she gets to show it at San Diego State.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
what do you think happened and are you mildly or wildly excited by this news?

I'm excited for it. Considering how depleted we were at the guard spots last year.. it's nice to have A LOT of talent there this coming year. If Jennings returns for sure (all signs are alluding that she will) then our forward rotation will be solid. If SC picks up Howard it'll be good to great.. but a rotation of Jennings, Harrigan, and our young forwards of Grissett and Williams (along with freshman Saxton and Wesolek) is a serviceable group.

The real excitement for SC next season is in the backcourt. You have a PG1 in Harris, combo guards in Cuevas and Cooper that can relieve Harris, good wings that can slide from SG to SF in Jackson, Perry and Cliney.. and an elite freshman pg that you can develop in Henderson.

Cuevas coming back is important because it instills that leadership on defense back into the backcourt. We struggled greatly on defense last year but should be MUCH better there this year with Cuevas and Cooper, not to mention Cliney and Jackson who are good defenders themselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom