Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Chris Hansen‏ @ChrisHansenPSB Mar 12

Multiple D1 transfers hitting the wire out west. 5-11 frosh W w/ 3 yrs Multiple G’s w/ 3 years
Do I need a decoder ring to decipher this? Or am I just missing something?
You kind of have to read between the lines here. Chris would not put this out there unless the players were impact players (top 100).
Since these are not UCONN players I'm going to throw some names out there:
Westbrook of TN
Oyenwere of UCLA
Kiana Smith of Cal
Destiny Littleton of TX

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Someone told me to expect a “few” Texas transfers so that’s out there.

Not sure about Onyenwere at UCLA. She got a lot of playing time and can be huge for them in the post.

Cal can’t lose any guards so not sure about that one.

As far as Tennessee...nothing would surprise me. All those freshman will only be sophomore next season with 4 more coming in and a logjam is likely. Wouldn’t it be funny if Oregon State went into Knoxville and ended 2 Oregon kids college careers. Might make the other think about that decision (that still baffles me btw).

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did Uconn recruit and of the Tenn freshmen?
UCONN might have taken a look at Kasiyahna Kushkituah very early on in her Freshmen/Sophmore year when she was the #1 post in the class.

Reaction Score
You kind of have to read between the lines here. Chris would not put this out there unless the players were impact players (top 100).
Since these are not UCONN players I'm going to throw some names out there:
Westbrook of TN
Oyenwere of UCLA
Kiana Smith of Cal
Destiny Littleton of TX

well he said West.........I don't know how West he means, West West or SouthWest

Reaction Score
I would doubt that someone who is expecting to play a bunch in the tourney would be revealing a transfer decision now. I would think an eliminated team or a bench player is more likely.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Either way that would not include Tennessee.
I interpreted his quote as meaning out on West Coast , they heard of a 5-11 Wing with 3 years left, so it could be Westbrook from Tenn, she is from Oregon and has been inconsistent this year and sat at interesting times during key games. I wonder if Annie Hayes is becoming the “alpha” of that freshman group which is causing Evina to reconsider. Hey @stwainfan do you have any insight here?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I interpreted his quote as meaning out on West Coast , they heard of a 5-11 Wing with 3 years left, so it could be Westbrook from Tenn, she is from Oregon and has been inconsistent this year and sat at interesting times during key games. I wonder if Annie Hayes is becoming the “alpha” of that freshman group which is causing Evina to reconsider. Hey @stwainfan do you have any insight here?
I haven't heard any thing about a transfer. I do know Westbrook fell and injued her knee. She had a heavy bandage on in the Alabama game. Her movement was limited. She stated moving better last few games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Conjecturing about UConn transfers is a no-no here, so why is there wild speculation about transfers from other schools? Somebody threw out a list with some fairly big names, based on nothing. The actual names appear to be mostly inconsequential players.

Reaction Score
Somebody threw out a list with some fairly big names, based on nothing.

The Boneyard has many prognosticators who are very good at just being able to tell that another team's player is unhappy. And of course that's just a given for a Tenn player.

I'm pretty sure the prognosticators have a perfect prediction record.

Reaction Score
I would assume that no players that are involved in the NCAA WBB Tournament are going to be requesting transfers at this time.................only time will tell who transfers and where they transfer to

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation. I have no insight but stwainfan does.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the Transfers are not participating in the tournament or they are a low seed. Doubt any of the Lady Vols or any other high profile program players have let someone know they intend to transfer.

Reaction Score
Nothing official about transferring but... Boothe will not play again this year for Texas, personal reasons was the explanation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nothing official about transferring but... Boothe will not play again this year for Texas, personal reasons was the explanation.
With the injury to Caron-Goodreau, Boothe was finally starting to see some minutes at TX. With Holmes still not performing at the level she did as a freshman, that puts a lot of pressure on Jatarie White to carry the load inside. Hard to see any way that TX beats MS St, assuming they even get that far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom