Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
Oh, that’d be a good one. Right next to McCowan. But they’re losing a bunch of seniors, right?

Put her next to McCowan they would lead the nation in rebounds by a lot.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
This is not the men’s team. No graduate transfer if going to be of value because that cannot learn the system quick enough to be of value

Reaction Score
Oh, that’d be a good one. Right next to McCowan. But they’re losing a bunch of seniors, right?

Yes but they bring in two centers, has Chloe Bibby at the 4 and already Zion Campbell so it's really hard to tell if they'll have room or not.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
she's the best one on one scorer in college basketball and is pretty much ready for the WNBA offensively if you are just looking for a scorer......but from the multiple games I have seen her play she is hardly a complete player..an out of control Kelsey Mitchell comes to mind

no, no, no they like to roll them..it's no fun if you actually make them to fit like that!!!
I think Ogubowale (sp) is a better one on one player.

Reaction Score
What is your definition of a blue blood? There is very few Blue bloods in Women basketball. Other than UConn and maybe Notre Dame it is pretty much a crap shoot these days. If Mississippi State wins the last two champions are not what I consider blue bloods.

Blue Bloods are considered teams who regularly compete or wins championship they also recruit at the highest levels. UCONN, ND, Stanford, and Tenn are WBB blue bloods but you can even go as far to say SC, Baylor, Texas, and Miss St are coming on strong as well.

Reaction Score
This is not the men’s team. No graduate transfer if going to be of value because that cannot learn the system quick enough to be of value

in any system she'll get you 10-12 points and 10-12 rebounds per game........she's that good

You put Howard on the floor
Yes but they bring in two centers, has Chloe Bibby at the 4 and already Zion Campbell so it's really hard to tell if they'll have room or not.

she's much better then either of those two but don't they have two other posts coming in next year?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why would she take a chance on coming to UCONN when she knows that she could be sitting a lot because UCONN's system is so difficult for a first year player regardless of what year she is in school.

Reaction Score
I think Ogubowale (sp) is a better one on one player.

an interesting thought...........Carter has way more range on her jumper but Arike is really tough backing the defender in.............it would be fun to see the two of them play to prove it..............

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow big get for whoever lands her. Are there any rules restricting graduate transfers from playing in the same conference? Each of Tennessee, SC and Mississippi State could definitely use her.

Reaction Score
Why would she take a chance on coming to UCONN when she knows that she could be sitting a lot because UCONN's system is so difficult for a first year player regardless of what year she is in school.

true.........of all the teams out there UConn would certainly be the toughest to pick up..........like I said earlier she's a rebounding machine but knowing Geno if she doesn't know the system he could care less about her stats........

Reaction Score
Louisville's only loss to graduation is Hines-Allen. Howard would be an interesting stopgap. 6 hours to Atlanta. A lot of ACC games in the south. And a team that could go to the FF again...if it could find a way to make up for the big loss of H-A.

Reaction Score
Wow big get for whoever lands her. Are there any rules restricting graduate transfers from playing in the same conference? Each of Tennessee, SC and Mississippi State could definitely use her.

yes she can play immediately for any team other then Tennessee................if she wants to play for the Volunteers she needs to apply to the NCAA and fill out the Shepard waiver form ND #2...............once she fills that out and talks very quietly in a corner for a few weeks there's a very good chance she will be given permission to matriculate under Holly's fine tutelage..........

Reaction Score
MS State likely won’t be nearly as strong next year. Next year I don’t see any of the SEC schools being very serious contenders, but her at Missouri or Tennessee would be interesting. If I’m here I’m seriously considering UConn or Louisville.

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Anriel also wears lashes, which is her nickname. But I'm sure she'll be willing to give up her mantra to compete at the highest level.

Sorry, but this comment is really baffling to me in 2018. If you were discussing a male basketball player I highly doubt their personal grooming would be mentioned when possibly deciding on a school.

Who cares if Anriel wears makeup or if she doesn’t? It has nothing to do with her basketball ability. SMH

Reaction Score
Sorry, but this comment is really baffling to me in 2018. If you were discussing a male basketball player I highly doubt their personal grooming would be mentioned when possibly deciding on a school.

Who cares if Anriel wears makeup or if she doesn’t? It has nothing to do with her basketball ability. SMH

I was just replying to @j66kicker in his questioning of CD allowing her to wear makeup. She is known to have rules of UCONN players covering tattoos, wearing nail polish, or tucking their shorts. So I highly doubt she would allow Anriel to wear makeup or lashes.

Though, I, personally don't mind if she wears it. In fact I think that's what attracts people to her when they see her on the television screen. Her long wavy hair, beautiful eye lashes, and rolled over shorts..... and then BOOM! She comes skying in for a rebound you never thought she had a chance of getting! Truly special athlete she is!

Reaction Score

Alas it may not matter on many teams but it sure does on UConn.......the Huskies are very strict regarding what a player wears and that includes makeup and no visible tattoos among other things.........

Reaction Score

Would she really think she has a better chance at a championship at Tennessee than where she is now? She’s seeing Shepard and probably wants to do what she did, only honestly by being a graduate.

How about this? Howard waits to see if ND wins a championship, and then possibly Shepard springboards that into an early entry into the WNBA draft because she is draft-eligible.... just like Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray did. Then McGraw can just plug in Howard into Shepard’s spot.

Reaction Score
Would she really think she has a better chance at a championship at Tennessee than where she is now? She’s seeing Shepard and probably wants to do what she did, only honestly by being a graduate.

How about this? Howard waits to see if ND wins a championship, and then possibly Shepard springboards that into an early entry into the WNBA draft because she is draft-eligible.... just like Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray did. Then McGraw can just plug in Howard into Shepard’s spot.

you are a very conspiratorial thinker...............;)

Reaction Score
MS State likely won’t be nearly as strong next year. Next year I don’t see any of the SEC schools being very serious contenders, but her at Missouri or Tennessee would be interesting. If I’m here I’m seriously considering UConn or Louisville.

Dont be surprised next year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Alas it may not matter on many teams but it sure does on UConn..the Huskies are very strict regarding what a player wears and that includes makeup and no visible tattoos among other things....
Some UConn players wear makeup.

Anybody ask Jalen Adams if he uses mascara?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dont be surprised next year.

By? MS Stats loses 4 of their starting 5, and I’m not convinced what’s left will be nearly enough. South Carolina likely won’t be as good either. Missouri has the fewest departures and good pieces remaining, and Tennessee’s youth will be a year older, so I’d think they have the best chances. And if you look around the country, Notre Dame for sure only loses Westbald but brings Turner back. Oregon will be there, UConn still has loads of talent. That’s already 3 likely FF teams again there.

Reaction Score
Some UConn players wear makeup.

Anybody ask Jalen Adams if he uses mascara?

I meant to say the extent of the makeup...........I know little of such things other then I'm constantly handing my daughter money to buy things at Sephora at the mall.........I have noted players on other teams looking like they are ready for the prom while out on the court.......haven't seen anything like that at UConn.........

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I meant to say the extent of the makeup......I know little of such things other then I'm constantly handing my daughter money to buy things at Sephora at the mall....I have noted players on other teams looking like they are ready for the prom while out on the court..haven't seen anything like that at UConn....
Mascara and eyeliner on Lou. Kia also wears makeup. Makeup is not forbidden.

tumblr_p2fcmoY4pV1x1d86vo1_540.gif

Reaction Score
By? MS Stats loses 4 of their starting 5, and I’m not convinced what’s left will be nearly enough. South Carolina likely won’t be as good either. Missouri and Tennessee have the fewest departures and best pieces remaining, so I’d think they have the best chances. And if you look around the country, Notre Dame for sure only loses Westbald but brings Turner back. Oregon will be there, UConn still has loads of talent. That’s already 3 likely FF teams again there.

Baylor, Texas, Louisville, Maryland, Stanford should also be very good..........parity is here to stay..............(until the '19 and '20 classes arrive if UConn gets the players they want)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom