Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
If Texas plays the same offense as last season, Danni could be the starter at W/SF for the departed 5'11 Ariel Atkins. I'm guessing that is the position Coach Aston told Danni she would play, while also playing some at SG. We just don't have any small forwards with the ideal height or skill set (that I want). Conversely, that's where UConn is loaded. So, a 3-guard offense is basically what we play.

Danni can definitely help fill the 3-point shooting void with Brooke McCarty and Ariel Atkins moving on.

At SG, Texas does have senior 5'9 Lashann Higgs returning in a starting role. Sophomore 5'9 Destiny Littleton had an injury-filled freshman season; we'll see how she progresses this offseason. Incoming 5'8 Joanne Allen-Taylor wasn't highly ranked, but she did put up some big offensive numbers playing in the Houston area.

At W/SF, we have 5'11 junior Jada Underwood, but quickness is not her strong suit; has not played many minutes in her first two seasons. Incoming freshman 5'9 Audrey Warren is a known as a great long-range shooter, but not sure how quickly she will adjust to pace of the college game.

I saw some posts where A&M fans stated that Danni wasn't always able to guard the opponent's quick shooting guards. So, maybe she will be better defending small forwards even if she gives up some height.
It's interesting that people think that Danni or Anriel would be better off at the 3 than where Blair had them. I love Jasmine Lumpkin but she wasn't exactly all-SEC at the 3 for us. And when Lumpkin went to the bench, we didn't see Danni or Anriel shift over. Danni did play some at the 1 the last two years when Knox or Carter went to the bench.

That said, I think over the years the 2 and 3 have been pretty interchangeable in Blair's offense. Lumpkin was unusual in being weaker as an offensive threat compared to previous players at the 3: Courtney Williams, Tyra White, Tanisha Smith etc.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think it's a great pick up. They need more 3pt shooting as they lost two of their best. Kind of like BU needed Jackson's experience on the perimeter. Both teams have a hole for experience. It also will help them stay a top contender.

As we have all learned after the last few seasons RPI is everything. If it helps their RPI, it will help conference strength, also help any team that wins/loses against them. Plus the better they are in the Big 12 would just mean it's one more good test as you head closer to March. You almost have to cheer for your rivals because of the RPI. If they keep winning and you beat them it will only help. That is my take on the whole thing.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I get that Carter is a ball hog but Williams got 441 shots and looking at Texas and Atkins for example, she only got 369.

Reaction Score
I get that Carter is a ball hog but Williams got 441 shots and looking at Texas and Atkins for example, she only got 369.

They also lost McCarty. Higgs is the only other guard that saw starting time and significant minutes. Atkins and McCarty did a lot for that team and having Williams step in to help, will also help with lack of experience for them as they continue to develop the other young guards.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I understand what your saying, I am wondering what Williams actually wants.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Until (if ever) we hear from Danni as to exactly why she decided to leave A&M and play at Texas, all is speculation that it has to do with more playing time, more shots, higher scoring average, etc. Maybe she just wasn't happy (for personal reasons or non-related basketball reasons).

I don't know if she aspires to be a pro basketball player, or if she is intent on getting her master's degree in her chosen field of study. Maybe she will share some detail down the road.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Until (if ever) we hear from Danni as to exactly why she decided to leave A&M and play at Texas, all is speculation that it has to do with more playing time, more shots, higher scoring average, etc. Maybe she just wasn't happy (for personal reasons or non-related basketball reasons).

I don't know if she aspires to be a pro basketball player, or if she is intent on getting her master's degree in her chosen field of study. Maybe she will share some detail down the road.

Surely it can't be more playing time. She averaged more than 36 minutes/game last season, the highest of any A&M player.

Reaction Score
Surely it can't be more playing time. She averaged more than 36 minutes/game last season, the highest of any A&M player.
I've actually wondered if she wants more productivity in less PT. Blair may have worn her out.

Reaction Score
SC lands Clemson Grad Transfer 5-10 G/W Nelly Perry

Hmm, a good player on a very bad team. Be interesting to see if/what she can contribute to a top team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Texas plays the same offense as last season, Danni could be the starter at W/SF for the departed 5'11 Ariel Atkins. I'm guessing that is the position Coach Aston told Danni she would play, while also playing some at SG. We just don't have any small forwards with the ideal height or skill set (that I want). Conversely, that's where UConn is loaded. So, a 3-guard offense is basically what we play.

Danni can definitely help fill the 3-point shooting void with Brooke McCarty and Ariel Atkins moving on.

At SG, Texas does have senior 5'9 Lashann Higgs returning in a starting role. Sophomore 5'9 Destiny Littleton had an injury-filled freshman season; we'll see how she progresses this offseason. Incoming 5'8 Joanne Allen-Taylor wasn't highly ranked, but she did put up some big offensive numbers playing in the Houston area.

At W/SF, we have 5'11 junior Jada Underwood, but quickness is not her strong suit; has not played many minutes in her first two seasons. Incoming freshman 5'9 Audrey Warren is a known as a great long-range shooter, but not sure how quickly she will adjust to pace of the college game.

I saw some posts where A&M fans stated that Danni wasn't always able to guard the opponent's quick shooting guards. So, maybe she will be better defending small forwards even if she gives up some height.
Are Alecia Sutton and Chastity Patterson going to sit by happily on the bench while Danni Williams steps in ahead of them?

Reaction Score
Hmm, a good player on a very bad team. Be interesting to see if/what she can contribute to a top team.

During they year before she got hurt she scored 24 points against ND in an 84-80 lost. She also scored 27 versus Florida St, and 22 against Louisville so she’s a very capable scorer. She adds depth to a good group of guards.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Natalie Chou transferring from Baylor. Surprising.

WBB: Chou granted release to transfer
Not surprising to me. She picked Baylor over Texas, but I wasn't upset as I figured she'd only be a role player for most Top 25 programs. Too bad she was injured this past season, as she could have really logged some minutes with Baylor having such a short roster.

I will predict she lands at Cal or UCLA, who she also considered strongly out of high school.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Are Alecia Sutton and Chastity Patterson going to sit by happily on the bench while Danni Williams steps in ahead of them?
They are point guards. A&M fans have stated that Danni didn't slide to the point for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom