Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
Who played for 4?

Last year when I was tracking transfers I came across at least 1, and am pretty sure I’ve heard of 1 or 2 since then. All fairly obscure though so I can’t remember any names.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Mulkey brought Jackson in because she knew Chou was leaving.
Not sure if one event led to the other. They are completely different players as Chou is more of a perimeter shooter, while I believe Chloe Jackson is someone who drives to the basket to get her short-range shots.

Not sure if it was based personnel, but it seemed like Mulkey tried to play the 6'2 Chou at shooting guard, and she really couldn't guard laterally. I thought she'd be better suited for small forward, but I guess Cohen had that spot nailed down. Compared to Baylor's incoming freshmen wing players, I think Chou is just too one-dimensional offensively to fend them off, and not as good on defense.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Last year when I was tracking transfers I came across at least 1, and am pretty sure I’ve heard of 1 or 2 since then. All fairly obscure though so I can’t remember any names.

Recent WNBA draftee Loryn Goodwin from Oklahoma State went to 4 schools. Started North Texas with Karen Aston, then Aston left for UT before she suited up, but was Sun Belt Freshmen of the Year. Then transferred to Butler, but that coaching staff was let go after some claims of verbal abuse arose before she suited up. She said the new coaching staff played a style of offense that didn't mesh with her skillset, so she then transferred to UT-San Antonio, where she became Conference USA Newcomer of the Year, and applied for an extra year of eligibility and was granted it but UTSA did not have her chosen masters major after graduating so she transferred to Oklahoma State, where she won Big-12 Newcomer of the Year and was 1st Team all Big-12.

That's the most prominent and recent four school player I could think of.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if one event led to the other. They are completely different players as Chou is more of a perimeter shooter, while I believe Chloe Jackson is someone who drives to the basket to get her short-range shots.

Not sure if it was based personnel, but it seemed like Mulkey tried to play the 6'2 Chou at shooting guard, and she really couldn't guard laterally. I thought she'd be better suited for small forward, but I guess Cohen had that spot nailed down. Compared to Baylor's incoming freshmen wing players, I think Chou is just too one-dimensional offensively to fend them off, and not as good on defense.

Chou is a nice shooter and might be successful in the right system but she can't create her own shot and just isn't athletic enough to be a reliable defender..................I hope that this time she chooses a program that can fully take advantage of her capabilities

Reaction Score

Note that in that top 25, just 1 player is within 750 miles of Storrs. And she was in MD's backyard.

Just another reason to be skeptical of the post-Geno era. :(

Reaction Score
They are point guards. A&M fans have stated that Danni didn't slide to the point for them.
Maybe someone else, but I thought I posted earler that she slid to the point for us but not to the 3. In any case, Danni played some PG the past 2 seasons.

Reaction Score

You're unlikely to get a perfect match in the grad-transfer market. But with Jackson they've got someone capable of starting, meaning no frosh has to.
And Chou's departure means the logjam isn't quite as bad as it seemed.

Now, you've got likely starters:
Morris (So) - Jackson (Sr) - Juicy (Jr) - Cox (Jr) - Kalani (Sr)
+ 3 likely impact frosh
+ Egbo (Fr) & Richards (So)
+ other Frosh & 2 So

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was UConn recruiting her at one time?

There were several folks on this board who were salivating over getting her.
I don't know remember being among those salivating but UCONN evaluated 4 players at the SG/W position for 2016 class: Sabrina Ionescu, Natalie Chou, Kelly Jekot, and Jocelyn Willoughby.
This was before many of us found out Sabrina was not coming east. There was one poster @bruinbball (maybe) begging UCONN to take a look at Tyasha Harris & Molly bent was the other guard that came in with Crystal in that 2016 class. I would have been OK with Chou coming to UCONN.

Reaction Score
I wish her best I liked her, but she didn't seem to quite fit the system. I suspect she will announced where she will be attending soon.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Donalddoowap and skilz do not think Texas has a good coach. Let me remind you that you only beat us by 4 points this year, and we were ahead the majority of the game. It's only a matter of time. (I expect Danni Williams to start. She fits a hole we need filling.)
Karen can flat out recruit but the team does not improve and has NO offensive identity. Add in the fact Holmes wants to dribble the full court length and take ill advised shots and is continually in poor condition when she could be a beast so yes, I don’t think Karen is the best tactician. Didn’t Texas have the most McDonald All-Americans on their roster of all WCBB teams this past year? She under achieved...

Reaction Score
Recent WNBA draftee Loryn Goodwin from Oklahoma State went to 4 schools. Started North Texas with Karen Aston, then Aston left for UT before she suited up, but was Sun Belt Freshmen of the Year. Then transferred to Butler, but that coaching staff was let go after some claims of verbal abuse arose before she suited up. She said the new coaching staff played a style of offense that didn't mesh with her skillset, so she then transferred to UT-San Antonio, where she became Conference USA Newcomer of the Year, and applied for an extra year of eligibility and was granted it but UTSA did not have her chosen masters major after graduating so she transferred to Oklahoma State, where she won Big-12 Newcomer of the Year and was 1st Team all Big-12.

That's the most prominent and recent four school player I could think of.
Very cool GOODWIN ended up excelling at a power 5 school after ALL OF THAT. What a player!! I had no idea Anston coached at N. Texas. Good knowledge.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very cool GOODWIN ended up excelling at a power 5 school after ALL OF THAT. What a player!! I had no idea Anston coached at N. Texas. Good knowledge.

She was successful at Charlotte before that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Quite a list so far of transfers, almost 50% of the top 30. What's worth noting though is outside of Boley and Slocum, none of the transfers were impact players at their first school. McCoy was a strong presence for OSU but not sure about her outlook with her health issues. In 2013, almost all of the top recruits either RS or transferred, and there were many high impact freshman from that class.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Donalddoowap and skilz do not think Texas has a good coach. Let me remind you that you only beat us by 4 points this year, and we were ahead the majority of the game. It's only a matter of time. (I expect Danni Williams to start. She fits a hole we need filling.)
How did they do come NCAA Tournament time with all those high school AA? With the talent they have and have had, Texas should have accomplished more than they have accomplished, imo. Some weak teams play Uconn close.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How did they do come NCAA Tournament time with all those high school AA? With the talent they have and have had, Texas should have accomplished more than they have accomplished, imo. Some weak teams play Uconn close.
Donald, I am on your side on this for most of your views, however, to claim “some weak teams play UConn close” as intimating Texas is weak is wrong. They played their best game of the year AT home against UConn, with good ball movement and solid defense. They did underachieve as noted and Karen needs to get a top offensive assistant coach to help her. “Weak” is not a term I would use.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Donald, I am on your side on this for most of your views, however, to claim “some weak teams play UConn close” as intimating Texas is weak is wrong. They played their best game of the year AT home against UConn, with good ball movement and solid defense. They did underachieve as noted and Karen needs to get a top offensive assistant coach to help her. “Weak” is not a term I would use.
I agree. However, I was not referring to Texas as being weak. I was referring to teams such as Tulane, etc. My point was that just because Texas played Uconn close does not mean that they have a good coach. Texas was by no means weak. Maybe I should have said teams with lesser talent than Uconn. Texas seems to have more talent than most teams.

Reaction Score
I agree. However, I was not referring to Texas as being weak. I was referring to teams such as Tulane, etc. My point was that just because Texas played Uconn close does not mean that they have a good coach. Texas was by no means weak. Maybe I should have said teams with lesser talent than Uconn. Texas seems to have more talent than most teams.
Texas has had more McD AA's the past couple of years more than anyone. Yeah, they played UConn close... So why did they lose to Tennessee? Why can't they consistently play good basketball? It's because they don't have a great coach. Give Muffet or Geno her players and you will an NC. Same thing for Mulkey honestly during the Griner era. She should have more than one NC

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas has had more McD AA's the past couple of years more than anyone. Yeah, they played UConn close... So why did they lose to Tennessee? Why can't they consistently play good basketball? It's because they don't have a great coach. Give Muffet or Geno her players and you will an NC. Same thing for Mulkey honestly during the Griner era. She should have more than one NC
And, UConn had how many AP All-Americans and WNBA draft picks this year and last year compared to the opponents they matched up with in the Final Four semi-finals? So, despite having the greatest coach of all time, and players having incredible seasons, they fell short of their NCAA tournament seeding and underachieved. That's sports. No team/coach is ever going to meet all fan expectations, and players don't always live up to their high school accolades in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom