Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
Similar, in the big drop part, to Ms Butler leaving UConn for George Mason. Boise State was coach Lister's twin sisters first college she attended, eventually finishing at CS Northridge.

true but that was only a one year graduate transfer..............I guess some players would rather be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.............nothing wrong with that.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That SEC intra-conference transfer rule (or lack thereof) of a transfer not losing one year of eligibility continues to pay dividends for their women's hoops programs. Expect Miss. State to get a player or two from Ole Miss soon enough.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Their starting lineup will be fine but this is starting to hurt depth. Frontcourt is loaded but after Ionescu and Cazorla there are only ? in the backcourt. Yaeger barely played as a Fr. and sat out due to injury last year, Chavez is an incoming Fr.....I think that's it. Unless Chavez is really really good they probably won't play much 3 guard lineup like they did last year, replacing Bando in the starting lineup w/ a bigger player (most likely Boley or maybe Gildon as a long shot).

I have no idea what's going on, I've only seen speculation, don't really need to pass along idle chatter. There is an Oregon fan that posted fairly regularly during the season, maybe they have some idea about all of the departures.

If I'm that fan, then I'm sorry to say I don't have any concrete information, just my own thoughts on the matter. All 4 seemed to be very good teammates throughout the season and none of them seemed unhappy. And Graves is, I think, a player's coach. That said, 3 of the decisions (Campisano, McGwire, Maley) do make some sense to me; Ayuso not so much. I think the decisions of the first three have a lot to do with the arrival of Boley and the younger Sabally in the fall. Boley does everything Campisano was supposed to be able to do, but much better and, based on the videos I have seen, N. Sabally is a legitimate big whose skill set is similar to her sister's but comes, as far as I can tell, in a much more physical and aggressive form. Campisano, despite her high Hoopgurlz ranking (which I have ever understood) was basically the last player off the bench for much of the season. Nor did she seem to improve from her freshman to sophomore years. I think McGwire also seemed to be running in place, although she did make some important contributions in several games. She is a very good midrange shooter, but never seemed committed to getting in the kind of shape that would have allowed her to develop her game and, especially, keep from fouling. I think Graves's decision to replace her in the starting lineup with S. Sabally about 1/4 of the way through the season was a key to the team's overall success, and I don't think she could reasonably expect more minutes down the road. So her move, if not the destination, is not surprising. Maley, whose energy I love, was facing the same issues regarding playing time with the arrival of Boley and N. Sabally--and maybe even the improvement of 6'6" Lydia Giomi, who was getting more minutes until her unfortunate leg injury late in the season. (She will be a redshirt sophomore next season.). In any case, Graves will certainly have an easier time distributing minutes among his "bigs" than he did last season.

The departure that imo potentially hurts the most--and makes the least sense--is Ayuso. I understand the draw of a professional contract and maybe she just wants to return to Spain, but I don't think she's ready for the former--the viral video of her crossing over (and putting on the floor) a Colorado player notwithstanding. There's a lot of potential there and I suspect Graves hoped that she would take over Cazorla's role the fall after the coming one, but--from my perspective--she has a lot of work ahead to succeed professionally. I know that Graves thinks Chavez (the other incoming freshman) is really good (Sabrina-like he's said), and if she is Oregon will be fine; if not, the guard situation will be challenging.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That said, 3 of the decisions (Campisano, McGwire, Maley) do make some sense to me; Ayuso not so much. I think the decisions of the first three have a lot to do with the arrival of Boley and the younger Sabally in the fall.
Thanks for the insight. McGwire to Boise state though? still scratching my head on that one.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight. McGwire to Boise state though? still scratching my head on that one.
Boise State won their conference and made the NCAA tournament. I can understand it. Family can take quick plane rides to see her play within that conference.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maley, whose energy I love, was facing the same issues regarding playing time

I liked her too, hustle player, had a knack for grabbing rebounds.

You are the Oregon fan I was thinking of, thanks for chiming in.

Reaction Score
If I'm that fan, then I'm sorry to say I don't have any concrete information, just my own thoughts on the matter.
The departure that imo potentially hurts the most--and makes the least sense--is Ayuso. I understand the draw of a professional contract and maybe she just wants to return to Spain, but I don't think she's ready for the former--the viral video of her crossing over (and putting on the floor) a Colorado player notwithstanding. There's a lot of potential there and I suspect Graves hoped that she would take over Cazorla's role the fall after the coming one, but--from my perspective--she has a lot of work ahead to succeed professionally. I know that Graves thinks Chavez (the other incoming freshman) is really good (Sabrina-like he's said), and if she is Oregon will be fine; if not, the guard situation will be challenging.

johnson - since you are our Oregon expert can you tell me who the two Oregon teams are recruiting for 2019/2020? Are they both trying to keep Hailey Van Lith in the great NW?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
johnson - since you are our Oregon expert can you tell me who the two Oregon teams are recruiting for 2019/2020? Are they both trying to keep Hailey Van Lith in the great NW?
Are you asking johnson or jonson?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
ohhh.....Jonson although I'll be happy to talk to Johnson too.....:rolleyes:

It's Jonson--like the 17th-century playwright. I wish I could say/knew more, but I don't. Graves has been quoted as saying the transfers are "kind of a sign of the times now," and he added that the coaches are "hammering 2019s and 2020s," but I haven't heard any names connected with the former other than Kennedy Brown, a 6'5" post from KS, who was just (believe) invited to the U18 USA tryouts (along with 2018 recruit Taylor Chavez).

I can't imagine Graves is not going after Halley Van Lith--his kind of player, his area, the perfect (imo) successor to Ionescul--and, of course, Cameron Brink, but, other than the Ionescu saga, there hasn't been a lot of news circulating about UO recruiting targets over the past several years--or, if there has been, then I've missed it.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's Jonson--like the 17th-century playwright. I wish I could say/knew more, but I don't. Graves has been quoted as saying the transfers are "kind of a sign of the times now," and he added that the coaches are "hammering 2019s and 2010s," but I haven't heard any names connected with the former other than Kennedy Brown, a 6'5" post from KS, who was just (believe) invited to the U18 USA tryouts (along with 2018 recruit Taylor Chavez).

I can't imagine Graves is not going after Halley Van Lith--his kind of player, his area, the perfect (imo) successor to Ionescul--and, of course, Cameron Brink, but, other than the Ionescu saga, there hasn't been a lot of news circulating about UO recruiting targets over the past several years--or, if there has been, then I've missed it.
It's a little late to be hammering 2010 recruits.

Reaction Score
#69 (!) Jamierra Faulkner is also currently on a WNBA roster.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
#96 Natasha Cloud?? I feel like she is or was still around.

Reaction Score
#96 Natasha Cloud?? I feel like she is or was still around.
Yeah I stopped at the top 50, but there are betond that still around.

The fact that just 5 of those ranked #11-50 are in the W is pretty notable.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yeah I stopped at the top 50, but there are betond that still around.

The fact that just 5 of those ranked #11-50 are in the W is pretty notable.

Could be an interesting topic for the summer? Re rank prior Hoopgurlz classes to how they turned out at the end of their college careers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom