Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
I’d look for small ball. Lots of guards and wings on the roster...look for Davis to be the 4. Not sure what offense Holly will come up with now that they’ll have to deviate from swinging the ball around the perimeter and hope for an opening into Russell. Maybe we’ll see a pick or two next year?? I’m probably getting ahead of myself.

Can that type of offense generate enough RBs for the LVs?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow. Good pickup.

Interesting. Three thoughts:
- The ACC makes it very difficult for undergrad transfers by charging one year of eligibility in addition to the sitting out one year. Obviously, can't do the latter for a grad transfer, so it's a whole different scenario.
- Diop is a small forward who hit boards hard. If Coach W signed her, gut says that nothing ever came of a Louisville-Ms. Howard pairing, which seemed so logical at the onset.
- She's not Hines-Allen, but this is a good get.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
- The ACC makes it very difficult for undergrad transfers by charging one year of eligibility in addition to the sitting out one year. Obviously, can't do the latter for a grad transfer, so it's a whole different scenario.
Big 12 does the same for undergrad intra-conference transfers. I think every major conference does the same except for the SEC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting. Three thoughts:
- Diop is a small forward who hit boards hard. If Coach W signed her, gut says that nothing ever came of a Louisville-Ms. Howard pairing, which seemed so logical at the onset.
- She's not Hines-Allen, but this is a good get.

She's only 5'10 ??? :eek: I thought she was around 6'1 ...... she definitely plays much bigger than her height.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She's only 5'10 ??? :eek: I thought she was around 6'1 . she definitely plays much bigger than her height.
She's a lesser version of Nneka, in that regard.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Danni Williams has confirmed on her Instagram that she will be leaving Texas A&M:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If you are asking about Danni indicating which school she will transfer to, I think she handled her "goodbye" message to the A&M faithful with complete class; she obviously is very appreciative of her time there. I anticipate a separate social media announcement about her destination.

There were some posts on the Aggie message board that Anriel still has to attend the summer semesters at A&M to complete her undergraduate degree; so, won't be at new school until late August. But, Danni appears to be set to complete hers in a week or two; so, she can transfer to her new school for the first summer session.

For Danni, only UConn has been a confirmed visit. Only on the A&M board have I seen posts that she visited Texas. Unless she visits somewhere this weekend, she won't be able to make any visits between May 7-13 due to the new recruiting restrictions which came out yesterday.

Just my speculation, but the timing of her goodbye message yesterday tells me that she has made her decision on where she will transfer, and we will hear something any day now.

Reaction Score
If you are asking about Danni indicating which school she will transfer to, I think she handled her "goodbye" message to the A&M faithful with complete class; she obviously is very appreciative of her time there. I anticipate a separate social media announcement about her destination.

There were some posts on the Aggie message board that Anriel still has to attend the summer semesters at A&M to complete her undergraduate degree; so, won't be at new school until late August. But, Danni appears to be set to complete hers in a week or two; so, she can transfer to her new school for the first summer session.

For Danni, only UConn has been a confirmed visit. Only on the A&M board have I seen posts that she visited Texas. Unless she visits somewhere this weekend, she won't be able to make any visits between May 7-13 due to the new recruiting restrictions which came out yesterday.

Just my speculation, but the timing of her goodbye message yesterday tells me that she has made her decision on where she will transfer, and we will hear something any day now.

Anybody that says "I'll always be an Aggie" will never transfer to Texas :D

Reaction Score

I'd be happy but very surprised if she chose UConn............they certainly could use her back court experience and scoring......

Reaction Score
If she did choose Texas I wouldn't be surprised. They could use her experience and sharp shooting also.

I think I remember the announcers saying something during the season about her choosing A&M so her parents could watch her play. So Austin is only 1.5 hour drive to College Station.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
W
If she did choose Texas I wouldn't be surprised. They could use her experience and sharp shooting also.

I think I remember the announcers saying something during the season about her choosing A&M so her parents could watch her play. So Austin is only 1.5 hour drive to College Station.

I'm pretty sure Danni Williams is from Clovis, New Mexico, which is an 8.5 hour drive from College Station, so going to UT would shave off about an hour drive time for them.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Danni averaged 35.8 minutes per game this season, and 37.2 minutes per game the prior season. Sounds like a player who loves the game and being on the court as much as possible.

I do think Danni would fit in well at Texas in our 3-guard offense and step in for the departed Ariel Atkins at the W/SF position. Texas did recruit Danni back in high school (under Coach Goestenkors, I think), and she made an unofficial visit. Think she committed to A&M fairly early in the process.

Danni Williams - 2017-18 Women's Basketball Roster - Texas A&M University Athletics Department

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
180 miles is not close. East to west, TN is not a small state.

Bristol (in the Northeast corner of the state) to Memphis is 502 miles.

Nashville to Windsor, Ontario is 535 miles.

Yes, we are a LONG state.

Reaction Score
W

I'm pretty sure Danni Williams is from Clovis, New Mexico, which is an 8.5 hour drive from College Station, so going to UT would shave off about an hour drive time for them.
That's correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom