Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
And yet they seem to have 8 players returning?

The article says 4 transfers:

Ahh, so Alston, Johnson, & Nixon seem to have not officially announced (or gotten permission?) to transfer. Hence, still listed on the Ole Miss roster page, and no news stories I could find about them transferring.

The other 5 have been removed from the roster list.
So, as of now, 8 players return, but could be down to 5 soon.

(Year listed below is their class for 2018-19).

NO NAME YR-EXP HT POS HOMETOWN (Last School)

25 Alissa Alston SR-3L 5-8 G New Haven CT (Upper Room Christian Acdmy)
_1 Bree Glover JR-2L 5-10 G Glasgow, Ky. (Glasgow H.S.)
12 Barbara Johnson SR-1L 5-8 G Toronto, Ontario (Chipola College)
44 Torri Lewis SR-3L 5-11 G Olive Branch, Miss. (Homeschool)
10 Cecilia Muhate SR-3L 6-2 F/C Madrid, Spain (Arturo Soria)
_0 Chyna Nixon SO-1L 5-9 G Philadelphia, Pa. (Neumann Goretti)
11 Mimi Reid RS FR-HS 5-8 G Bronx, N.Y. (The Patrick School)
23 Shandricka Sessom RS SR-4L 5-10 G Byhalia, Miss. (Byhalia H.S.)

spacer.gif

Reaction Score
Would she even play if she picked UConn? As a grad transfer you obviously want to try to better chances to win a National Championship, wouldn't a player like Williams want to see a lot of court time?

At Texas I know she would see playing time, especially since they are so young at her position.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss has 8 transfers. That's going to be tough for a new coach to start off.

It's not unusual for players to transfer when there is a coaching change but this is more than I've seen before. The Ole Miss program was very successful in the 80s and and early 90s under Van Chancellor. The program had 5 E8 appearances, but the most recent was 2007 when an Armentie Price led team lost to eventual champion UT after shocking Maryland in round 2 and Oklahoma in the S16. Before then, the last Ole Miss team to play beyond the first weekend of the tournament was in 1992 when they also made the E8 and went 29-3.

It's been a tough few years in Oxford. Carol Ross, former player and Florida coach, left after that 2007 season and the program had Renee Ladner for 5 seasons before she was terminated. Then came Adrian Wiggins but he never actually coached a game due to some shady activities with player academic records. He and his assistants were terminated before the season started and it was an uphill battle in 2012-13. Insell came in as a young coach and I'm sure the university hoped he carried his father's ability but it never seemed to come together. I didn't think they were that bad the last few years, they just didn't have enough pieces to really compete. What hurt Ole Miss lately is the success of MSU and how they've been in the national spotlight, which it remains to be seen if it continues.

Regardless, the new coach has a big job ahead. It will be tough to pull them out of the bottom of the SEC but they have a great facility and the right atmosphere could change what's been the culture the past several years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
McGwire from Oregon transferring to Boise st
Soph, C
That's interesting! Leaving a preseason top 5 team and being a part time starter (19 of 38 Games) to play at Boise State?

Reaction Score
That's interesting! Leaving a preseason top 5 team and being a part time starter (19 of 38 Games) to play at Boise State?

Yeah and the starting 5 played a lot of minutes, so seems like there would be time to go around.
On the other hand, Boley and possibly Sabally's younger sister are going to be grabbing a lot of those available front-line minutes.

And Boise? Neither a BB nor academic power to say the least.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

You bet. She also got a similar number of starts her freshman year.

Maybe Coach Graves is slightly altering the plan of attack to have that one true post (Ruthy Hebard), with forwards (the Sebally sisters, ND transfer Erin Boley) and Ms. McGwire saw her main chance at playing time to be Hebard's back-up.

Still, to go from National Title Contender to -- no offense -- Boise State? Hmmm.

BTW,that's three transfers this year: remember, forwards Sierra Campisano and Anneli Maley also transferred, which one might also attribute to the Sabally/Boley effect. And Aina Ayuso will play professionally in her native Spain, while Maley has landed at TCU. Campisano has not announced a "landing spot" at this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

That's a big drop for somebody that looked to be a pretty capable second center last season for a top ten team

Reaction Score
Anyone know the " story" about De Jane Boykin? It seems odd to transfer this often, this early.

There a couple of players who have played for 4 different schools, so Boykin is not even in the lead on this.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like the Oregon St. message board was correct about a mass exodus at Oregon. 4, that's a bit concerning. I think losing McGwire could hurt, she's had some big moments for them in her 2 years.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Oregon St. message board was correct about a mass exodus at Oregon. 4, that's a bit concerning. I think losing McGwire could hurt, she's had some big moments for them in her 2 years.

kind of strange.........it appeared they were a happy group.........

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
kind of strange....it appeared they were a happy group....

Their starting lineup will be fine but this is starting to hurt depth. Frontcourt is loaded but after Ionescu and Cazorla there are only ? in the backcourt. Yaeger barely played as a Fr. and sat out due to injury last year, Chavez is an incoming Fr.....I think that's it. Unless Chavez is really really good they probably won't play much 3 guard lineup like they did last year, replacing Bando in the starting lineup w/ a bigger player (most likely Boley or maybe Gildon as a long shot).

I have no idea what's going on, I've only seen speculation, don't really need to pass along idle chatter. There is an Oregon fan that posted fairly regularly during the season, maybe they have some idea about all of the departures.

Reaction Score
kind of strange....it appeared they were a happy group....

Who says they werent? And how would you know either way in the 1st place?

I'd also that kids may be perfectly content, and then when 1 person breaks the seal, they suddenly start to think whether they should as well. The other 3 players did not get much PT and with 4 starters + Boley returning, that wasnt going to change much.

Reaction Score
Who says they werent? And how would you know either way in the 1st place?

I'd also that kids may be perfectly content, and then when 1 person breaks the seal, they suddenly start to think whether they should as well. The other 3 players did not get much PT and with 4 starters + Boley returning, that wasnt going to change much.

let's see, the coach is highly regarded and is well known as being really supportive of his players..................the team is on the cusp of getting to the NCAA finals...............now four kids transfer...............obviously they weren't happy enough with their situations to stay for what could be fantastic season.................

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Graves seems like a pretty cool guy:

Graves clearly violating Geno's 'patented' analogy comparing the perfect team to a well coordinated band. ;)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
That's a big drop for somebody that looked to be a pretty capable second center last season for a top ten team
Similar, in the big drop part, to Ms Butler leaving UConn for George Mason. Boise State was coach Lister's twin sisters first college she attended, eventually finishing at CS Northridge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom