This has become just plain sad | Page 11 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That’s why you’re so disliked, you’ve been so wrong for years.

I don't care if a bunch of overly emotional rubes dislike me. I wear your dislike as a badge of honor, as well as proof that you can't handle the truth.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I am a more sensible, intelligent, and logical poster than you. As a matter of fact, my posts are superior to yours in every way imaginable.

You, on the other hand, post with the sense of a two-year-old having a temper tantrum.

I don't have to do any work to twist your words into nonsense. They already come out of your mouth that way.

You have to be a goshdarn vegetable to think I am arguing that KO be kept. Search through my post history and count how many times I have said that it's fine if he is fired. Again, all I am saying is that you are going to be incredibly disappointed at how the next coach's tenure goes. And I can't wait to see how you process it.
Lmao!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Now start shining my shoes, kid.
Your outburst of rapid posts tells me you are upset. Maybe tone down on being such an emotional loose cannon, boyo. The fact you thought this was a worthy reply further confirms that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Whomever inherits this garbage dump will not have an easy time cleaning it up.

There will be setbacks and frustrating seasons.

Reaction Score
I think KO should be fired just as much as you do.

The difference is, you have baseless and irrational optimism about things getting better after that happens. I mean, if facing reality is too painful for you, do what you have to do.

Re. "why would he want to coach here?" I think that a bunch of UConn homers who have a more favorable view of the program than virtually the rest of the media and CBB community are poor gauges of how attractive the coaching job here is. You don't understand how permanently the last 3 years have damaged the brand. It doesn't get erased once KO leaves.

Really the only thing up for debate is whether you think the next coach can produce a product better than what KO has produced the last 3 years or so, and what KO is likely to produce in the future. Obviously a Few or a Marshall (or a Donovan) would be on the high end of hopes and dreams, but KO has allowed for a significant base for growth that doesn’t involve getting into Few territory.

Reaction Score
The program is a complete rebuild. The only question is do you let KO repeat the same process which will likely yield the same outcome or do you take a chance on somebody else. The sooner KO hits the door, the better.

Reaction Score
It's really painful to watch a UConn basketball team get humiliated. Goes against everything the jersey has ever meant to see our team on the wrong end of multiple blowouts. Whatever needs to be done the contingencies should be put into motion now and decisions made by the end of the season. I never understood the 2 contract extensions in FB and BB and it narrows our options tremendously. But then you look at the cost of doing nothing which may be even higher and just shake your head.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some of these Boneyard Bozo's are just as clueless as the mens basketball coach. Well maybe clueless might be too strong a word, blinded by sorrow might be a better way of putting it.

Lol you think our football program is good

Reaction Score
I am a more sensible, intelligent, and logical poster than you. As a matter of fact, my posts are superior to yours in every way imaginable.

You, on the other hand, post with the sense of a two-year-old having a temper tantrum.

I don't have to do any work to twist your words into nonsense. They already come out of your mouth that way.

You have to be a goshdarn vegetable to think I am arguing that KO be kept. Search through my post history and count how many times I have said that it's fine if he is fired. Again, all I am saying is that you are going to be incredibly disappointed at how the next coach's tenure goes. And I can't wait to see how you process it.
You have no way in Hell or knowing how the next coach’s tenure will go. Constantly repeating this garbage over and over again that the next coach is guaranteed to fail is insanely idiotic and annoying. To add to that you repeatedly claim you are in such a higher level of understanding and maturity than every poster here. Have you unlocked some higher plain of existence and foresight that the rest of us aren’t privy to? If not than stop being a pompous pain the the a** and let it gooo!!!

Reaction Score

At least he and a few others had the good sense to stay away from the insane "We Are Beating Auburn" thread before the game, unlike you who jumped on to the bandwagon early in the thread.
Why didn't your brilliant logic and intelligence tell you that it could be another Arkansas? That's the first thing I thought of when I first saw "Mark it down", but unfortunately my optimistic false hopes that he possibly might be right won out.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
FWIW my cousin is close with a member of the coaching staff. Started talking a little UConn basketball and apparently the staff member told him he doesn’t expect to have a job at the end of the year.

Is it just me or does that sound like the staff has thrown in the towel? Pathetic. These next 19ish games will be tough to get through.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
FWIW my cousin is close with a member of the coaching staff. Started talking a little UConn basketball and apparently the staff member told him he doesn’t expect to have a job at the end of the year.

Is it just me or does that sound like the staff has thrown in the towel? Pathetic. These next 19ish games will be tough to get through.
At the car wash, or is he drying cars with a towel at the car wash?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So hard to follow this cat fight when you have one key participant on ignore.
For me, it's almost the opposite. I have you and many others on Ignore but not the oh-so-right one. Wishing you well...
I don't care if a bunch of overly emotional rubes dislike me. I wear your dislike as a badge of honor, as well as proof that you can't handle the truth.
Yes, that's it.
Being right isn't a popularity contest.
No, it's more an unpleasant fixated confusion of self and power greater than oneself that is mutually exclusive regarding happiness, self-caricaturing, and in your case forecasts glee in others' confidently predicted unhappiness. A trifecta of sorts.
I don't care about likes. This isn't a popularity contest. Likes have nothing to do with how right I am.

Also, you have 75% of the board on ignore, so it's not surprising that you don't realize I am not the only one espousing similar views.

I have made plenty of posts laying out the financial issues facing the program. The fantasies about negotiating the buyout down are being crafted by people trying to talk themselves into an "everything will be okay" scenario because they can't handle the alternative. I have also made plenty of posts illustrating the increasing comparative advantage mid-tier P5 schools are gaining within the college basketball landscape as a whole. Again, if you don't read my posts, that's on you -- take a search through my history.
Thanks for so freely revealing yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom