This has become just plain sad | Page 14 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maybe. But what IS based in fact is that KO teams have recruited higher than the rest of conference (and Witchita St and Gonzaga) during his tenure.

So if you like reality and fact, that is also fact.

Its also fact that Kevin Ollie is the Zodiac Killer.
He is from gang of Bloods.

Bompton.

Reaction Score
thats a different story though. And I believe all of it. But (and Im too lazy to look up the numbers) I would venture a pretty educated guess that we have either been the #1 or #2 recruiting class yearly since the advent of the AAC in the conference.
Including the #7 class in the country last year. And MAL on this year before everything turned to crap.

I know for sure that we have out recruited Witchita State and Gonzaga (two schools every naysayer here likes to measure us by) over the last 4 years.

So if he aint working hard, man I would love to see it if he did.

And all the recruiting success that you speak of has translated into what in terms of on the court performance?

Reaction Score
thats a different story though. And I believe all of it. But (and Im too lazy to look up the numbers) I would venture a pretty educated guess that we have either been the #1 or #2 recruiting class yearly since the advent of the AAC in the conference.
Including the #7 class in the country last year. And MAL on this year before everything turned to crap.

I know for sure that we have out recruited Witchita State and Gonzaga (two schools every naysayer here likes to measure us by) over the last 4 years.

So if he aint working hard, man I would love to see it if he did.
We should be able to out recruit Witchita State from now until eternity. Frankly, we should be able to out recruit a lot of schools. Getting anyone to come to UConn isn’t hard. Getting the right players is. As for Gonzaga, I’d venture to say no we haven’t. I have no idea what the rankings say, but the eye test (at least my eye test) says that Gonzaga has had more talent than us over the last four years. Both schools also coach up their talent and both schools recruit talent to fit their system and team. Part of KOs issue is that he doesn’t recruit kids that fit the UConn system and style of old, or his system (whatever the hell that system is). He’s been recruiting kids that have been easy for UConn to recruit (relatively speaking). Notice we’re not winning a lot of recruiting battles against decent schools...

Reaction Score
Maybe. But what IS based in fact is that KO teams have recruited higher than the rest of conference (and Witchita St and Gonzaga) during his tenure.

So if you like reality and fact, that is also fact.

Its also fact that Kevin Ollie is the Zodiac Killer.
The fact that you speak of is what, high school recruiting rankings? I won’t argue that UConn has mostly outrecruited (rankings-wise) the AAC. It should. Quite easily given its history and brand. But I wouldn’t confuse that with good recruiting. Recruiting the right players and recruiting the pieces and parts that make up a successful team and system is actually the goal. And he’s failed miserably at that. Never mind player his lack of player development. But my response originally was to the statement that he’s a good recruiter. I disagree entirely with that premise.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
KO was forced to make a staff change last year after an abysmal season. He needed a fix.

If I remember correctly Miller was shocked that he was let go. Said some questionable things upon his exit or denied comments. Then he “re-joins” Calhoun when he comes calling at St. Joe’s.

After Miller is let go as well as the S&C coach too, Jackson and Enoch flee the program. Our roster is in trouble.

Chill was hired out of the blue and came in with the hopes of landing Washington commits/prospects after the Romar exodus, which he failed to do so. Some of them were highly touted. Rest of his recruiting impact remains to be seen. Coaching prowess is TBD, but it’s not looking good right now.

Then we were left scrambling because once Miller was fired, his top recruit which he recruited, decommited and signed with Providence. Chill didn’t sign any of his “boys” and we were relegated to a late transfer market and picked over 2-3* players.

So what you see right now is a direct result of what happened. Mismanagement and lack of control.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Our roster is in trouble.
Our roster is not up to prior UConn standards.

Nonetheless, any decent coach could come into Storrs next year and say "this team is, on talent, 4th best in the AAC at the very worst."

We've recruited well enough to be at or near the top of this conference. The fact that we're not is a player development & retention issue.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He is from gang of Bloods.

can confirm

J0VpynA.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's also well known that he has killed several drifters while pretending to be on recruiting trips. Really amazing that it has taken this long for people to start saying something about it. It's a real problem.

I don’t know if I’d mock the lack of effort on the trail. That pops up from some pretty solid people here and elsewhere.

Reaction Score
It's also well known that he has killed several drifters while pretending to be on recruiting trips. Really amazing that it has taken this long for people to start saying something about it. It's a real problem.
Are you kidding me, it's been known for years. He got fat and happy after winning it and hasn't put in the time. The soundbite KO is a very different guy than the real KO.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I’d mock the lack of effort on the trail. That pops up from some pretty solid people here and elsewhere.
I don't doubt any of it any more. I am mocking the misery of our situation. Gallows humor and all.

I also believe KO has been funneling fissile material to Kim Jong Un, albeit indirectly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me, it's been known for years. He got fat and happy after winning it and hasn't put in the time. The soundbite KO is a very different guy than the real KO.
In all seriousness, he is neither fat nor happy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That doesn’t give it validity

It doesn’t guarantee it’s true but in general if people I trust tell me things I oftentimes believe them.

It doesn’t really matter as this program is so far underwater right now it doesn’t matter how they got here just who and how it’s going to get fixed.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't doubt any of it any more. I am mocking the misery of our situation. Gallows humor and all.

I also believe KO has been funneling fissile material to Kim Jong Un, albeit indirectly.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I don't trust Fishy, he said there was no way UNC escapes unscathed. If I misremembered this fact, my bad.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't trust Fishy, he said there was no way UNC escapes unscathed. If I misremembered this fact, my bad.

Superjohn said Diallo was a lock

Reaction Score
can confirm

J0VpynA.jpg
This pic is not cool. KO deserves what's coming to him if his team to continue lose and play at a mid major level, but to bash him in false pics and something I doubt he stand for is just wrong. Not to mention you have a Uconn logo on dudes who probably never even heard of Uconn. The product of our program means a lot and history of winning NCs and big games....Can't take those away.
Please keep it Basketball

Reaction Score
Well I’m not saying I don’t believe it, just pointing out it COULD be hearsay

So much of the behind the scenes stuff is heresay and speculation. I just want to see a return to playing tough, fundamentally sound basketball. It seems like we are a long way away from that in many ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom