This has become just plain sad | Page 12 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Reaction Score
LOL what? Billy Donovan doesn't need to use UConn as a stepping stone. That's the stupidest thing I've read all week; and there's been a lot of stupid around here.

I was responding to some else's post ass wipe. That person said Billy would come here to retire. I said no way. Quite the jerk you are.

Reaction Score
Oh, it can very well be worse. Seeing you start to realize that will give me glee to no end.

Stair you have recently seen the light that people like myself saw when everyone(yourself included) were patting themselves on the back on how great Kevin Ollie was. Congrats on being to 2 years late to the party.

Now you argue that its OK if Ollie gets canned but then imply that his replacement will be worse than him and you will take great satisfaction that UCONN fans wanted to get rid of a garbage coach for an even worse one. Even if that happened(though the chances are very small), the decision to remove Ollie will still have been the right one.

PS: You've carved out a nice niche as the Pollyanna cynic of the boneyard whose job is to be the gatekeeper of ideas on the yard namely that Ollie was great, UCONN sucks since AAC purgatory, and we will suck in perpetuity, but take some time off to reflect that you have been consistently wrong.

PS: UCONNWILLRISEAGAIN if they take the opinions of people who are ahead of the curve like @Huskymagic @Tenspro2002, @superjohn, @Fishy, @SouthBayHusky, @JMick, @Huskybass and @Chief00

Last edited:

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I find it funny how the extreme length of this topic has gone totally inversely with the quality of the dialogue!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
stainmaster is living rent free in so many heads here.

Im a fan.
I remember feeling like he sounds when I returned home from college for the first time. My father told me to knock it off but I kept going. He warned me again and I just started sighing loudly and rolling my eyes. Then he backhanded me off my chair. I shut up after that.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Doing nothing for the next 2-3 years will deliver the same or worse results. I hoping AD Dave can work some magic here also. Buy out Ollie and get JC back on a contract so that the total does not exceed what Ollie is making. Sign him for 2-3 and hire a coach in waiting. I don't see other options. Can you buyout Ollie and get a guy like Hurley? I don't think so.
Only problem with that is, most of if not all of these kids are not what Calhoun would have recruited. At this point, bringing him back would result in same result we had with football this year. He’s not a miracle worker.. but the good thing with basketball is it only takes one or two players to turn a season around, here’s to hoping!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't care if a bunch of overly emotional rubes dislike me. I wear your dislike as a badge of honor, as well as proof that you can't handle the truth.
a0829134166_10.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I don't care if a bunch of overly emotional rubes dislike me. I wear your dislike as a badge of honor, as well as proof that you can't handle the truth.

LOL - says the guy who flies off the handle at the mere mention of Mansfield being anything but a bucolic paradise inhabited by titans of industry and scholars.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
stainmaster is living rent free in so many heads here.

Im a fan.
Still waiting for the day you, you know, actually make a post pertaining to that orange bouncey thing on hardwood we all come here to talk about.

Seeing you use this place as your pal's hangout for discussions of smoked meats really is a huge waste of bandwidth and electricity powering the pixels on my screen.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Still waiting for the day you, you know, actually make a post pertaining to that orange bouncey thing on hardwood we all come here to talk about.

Seeing you use this place as your pal's hangout for discussions of smoked meats really is a huge waste of bandwidth and electricity powering the pixels on my screen.

suite m3lt - queso style

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I remember feeling like he sounds when I returned home from college for the first time. My father told me to knock it off but I kept going. He warned me again and I just started sighing loudly and rolling my eyes. Then he backhanded me off my chair. I shut up after that.
Nice avatar too.

Reaction Score
Oh, it can very well be worse. Seeing you start to realize that will give me glee to no end.
How exactly can it get any worse, w/o KO were not going to go winless which is where this program is headed in the ACC at the rate the team is getting worse.

C

Chief00

There is a lot of dry ground between Kevin Ollie and Jim Calhoun. Most on this board ( from what I have seen ) expect to carve out a spot somewhere in between. Each of your posts ( until recently ) have implied that we cannot do any better than Kevin Ollie, and those who insist we can must be expecting another Jim Calhoun.

I think you are fighting ghosts. I have not seen any posts expecting another Jim Calhoun. I have seen many that expect an experienced and competent coach. If we find the $$$ to make a move this year, we will have plenty of options.

Stairs never cared for or respected Calhoun - so take that reference point away.

Reaction Score
Stairs never cared for or respected Calhoun - so take that reference point away.

Chief,

I am no fan of the Stainmaster, but I have to say that he does give Calhoun respect, credit and a fantastic overall ranking. It's one of the few things I agree with him on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom