This has become just plain sad | Page 13 | The Boneyard

This has become just plain sad

Reaction Score
How exactly can it get any worse, w/o KO were not going to go winless which is where this program is headed in the ACC at the rate the team is getting worse.

The prospect of going winless in the conference is so morbid that I:
A. Can't buy into it;
B. But scares the crap out of me now that it has been brought up;

That said, I do believe that the ship isn't turning around. I pray that I am wrong but have limited optimism.

Reaction Score
Our assistant coaches look even more lifeless than KO most of the time. Chillious in particular reminds me of Beaky Buzzard

Chill has been so overrated on this board. Send him back to Washington, oh wait they don’t want him.

Reaction Score
Also associate head coach on a team that needs help coaching.

Yes too early on recruiting.

The Washington Huskies went 9-22 last season and 2-16 in the PAC 12. They lost their last 13 games. Those are the facts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Also associate head coach on a team that needs help coaching.

Yes too early on recruiting.

Yeah , his bench coaching, I’m not seeing it. I’ve watched closely at a few games. Don’t disagree.And we need it, but that’s not why he was brought here.

Reaction Score
Yeah , his bench coaching, I’m not seeing it. I’ve watched closely at a few games. Don’t disagree.And we need it, but that’s not why he was brought here.

If he isn't contributing as a bench coach, why was he brought in as Associate Head Coach?

Reaction Score
The Washington Huskies went 9-22 last season and 2-16 in the PAC 12. They lost their last 13 games. Those are the facts.

With the number 1 draft pick.... How bad was the rest of that team.

But this isn’t about Chill he walked into the disaster Ollie was building the last couple years.

August_West

Reaction Score
If he isn't contributing as a bench coach, why was he brought in as Associate Head Coach?

Carrot on a stick. Read all the articles around his hire. The predominant theme was how he is a top flight recruiter. Nobody was saying "oh we got a great associate coach".

Personally I would much prefer a George Blaney type (or Blaney himself) at this point in KO's career. Chill (just from looking at this season so far) is a step down from Glen Miller on that front for that matter.

Reaction Score
Carrot on a stick. Read all the articles around his hire. The predominant theme was how he is a top flight recruiter. Nobody was saying "oh we got a great associate coach".

Personally I would much prefer a George Blaney type (or Blaney himself) at this point in KO's career. Chill (just from looking at this season so far) is a step down from Glen Miller on that front for that matter.

Chillious was the Associate Head Coach at Washington last year. They lost their final 13 games and went 9-22 overall. Dumpster fire west joins dumpster fire east. Further proof that KO has no idea how to manage the program. He should have enough self awareness to know that he NEEDS a really good X's and O'S guy at his side.

August_West

Reaction Score
Chillious was the Associate Head Coach at Washington last year. They lost their final 13 games and went 9-22 overall. Dumpster fire west joins dumpster fire east. Further proof that KO has no idea how to manage the program. He should have enough self awareness to know that he NEEDS a really good X's and O'S guy at his side.

I agree.

I dont like the trade off really. KO was good on the recruiting trail on his own. Out of all the different areas he needs help at, that one was probably the least of it.

Reaction Score
The last two years have been really crazy. It seems hard to pinpoint exactly what has caused the problems-but appears to be a multitude of factors. I think it is highly unlikely that KO will be fired before the end of the year. It's going to be a long, exhausting, painful year. There's always hope for a major upset, here or there and hopefully we can finish above .500. Nonetheless, all the pressure is completely off because of the result against better opponents.

I'm just going to sit back watch at least the first half of all the games and hope they finish above .500. that's about the best I can hope for this year. The first have of the Arizona gave me a little hope-which was completely wiped out by the Auburn debacle. I keep flashing back to big blow out games when UConn recovered. (circa 1990s, Kansas beating etc.). Yet, this feels like the end of the Rainbow for KO who I really like.

Reaction Score
It was another desperate move from a desperate coach who saw three of his starters and his top recruit leave. Wanted to take the heat off himself and hopefully pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Reaction Score
I agree.

I dont like the trade off really. KO was good on the recruiting trail on his own. Out of all the different areas he needs help at, that one was probably the least of it.
If only that were true. It’s well known in the inner circles that KO doesn’t work at recruiting. The staff for the last few years has had to beg him to recruit. And as far as Xs and Os. The assistants past and present have a lot more to offer than it appears during games. But their input isn’t welcomed by KO. He has all the answers...not many of them correct answers unfortunately.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If only that were true. It’s well known in the inner circles that KO doesn’t work at recruiting. The staff for the last few years has had to beg him to recruit. And as far as Xs and Os. The assistants past and present have a lot more to offer than it appears during games. But their input isn’t welcomed by KO. He has all the answers...not many of them correct answers btw.
It's also well known that he has killed several drifters while pretending to be on recruiting trips. Really amazing that it has taken this long for people to start saying something about it. It's a real problem.

Reaction Score
If only that were true. It’s well known in the inner circles that KO doesn’t work at recruiting. The staff for the last few years has had to beg him to recruit. And as far as Xs and Os. The assistants past and present have a lot more to offer than it appears during games. But their input isn’t welcomed by KO. He has all the answers...not many of them correct answers unfortunately.

This is just not true. He recruits hard all summer on the trail. Recruiting hasnt been then issue at all until 2018

August_West

Reaction Score

thats a different story though. And I believe all of it. But (and Im too lazy to look up the numbers) I would venture a pretty educated guess that we have either been the #1 or #2 recruiting class yearly since the advent of the AAC in the conference.
Including the #7 class in the country last year. And MAL on this year before everything turned to crap.

I know for sure that we have out recruited Witchita State and Gonzaga (two schools every naysayer here likes to measure us by) over the last 4 years.

So if he aint working hard, man I would love to see it if he did.

August_West

Reaction Score
It was another desperate move from a desperate coach who saw three of his starters and his top recruit leave. Wanted to take the heat off himself and hopefully pull a rabbit out of a hat.

For once I almost agree with you.

Reaction Score
This is just not true. He recruits hard all summer on the trail. Recruiting hasnt been then issue at all until 2018
Believe what you want. I really couldn’t care less. Not trying to be obnoxious when I say that. But I know what’s been going on enough to stand by my earlier comment. The assistants do most if not all of the heavy lifting at UConn under KO. And it shows in terms of him having little to no relationship with the players. Any notion that KO works hard at recruiting is not based in reality or fact.

August_West

Reaction Score
Believe what you want. I really couldn’t care less. Not trying to be obnoxious when I say that. But I know what’s been going on enough to stand by my earlier comment. The assistants do most if not all of the heavy lifting at UConn under KO. And it shows in terms of him having little to no relationship with the players. Any notion that KO works hard at recruiting is not based in reality or fact.

Maybe. But what IS based in fact is that KO teams have recruited higher than the rest of conference (and Witchita St and Gonzaga) during his tenure.

So if you like reality and fact, that is also fact.

Its also fact that Kevin Ollie is the Zodiac Killer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom