The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread

Reaction Score
General Manager Aaron Rodgers has spoken and with that, the Jets' window may very well have closed.

I don't think it had to be done, necessarily. As a defensive coach, Saleh didn't call for or throw an INT return for TD, nor did he call or throw the game clinching INT for Minnesota. I presume Hackett becomes interim coach, so their offensive issues remain.
He's not a defensive coach. He's the head coach. He's responsible for everything and none of it was working.

To be honest? The interim coach says a couple very loud things to me.

1) It is extremely rare that an interim coach is a long term solution. The examples of an interim coach who becomes "the guy" and leads a team to years of success is very, very few and far between.
2) The people running the Jets feel that's their best shot with what they've built here.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think Woody still thinks they can win this year…and they can. But not without significant changes on offense. I would imagine Woody knows this….so why fire the head coach who has a defensive focus…install the DC as interim head coach…when the offense is the problem?

Does he think the offensive issues are because Rodgers didn’t like Saleh? Does he think that Ulbrich will be able to influence Rodgers and Hackett to change their scheme? Did he not want to bring Adams in with dysfuntional leadership?

I think Woody is frustrated…and when he was asked about taking on Adams and his salary (and giving up draft picks) he realized that the Jets would still stink if Saleh is still there with Rodgers. So he is rolling the dice that a change in leadership and the addition of Adams will turn the season around.

Of course that assumes an Adams trade is a viable possibility.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's not a defensive coach. He's the head coach. He's responsible for everything and none of it was working.

To be honest? The interim coach says a couple very loud things to me.

1) It is extremely rare that an interim coach is a long term solution. The examples of an interim coach who becomes "the guy" and leads a team to years of success is very, very few and far between.
2) The people running the Jets feel that's their best shot with what they've built here.

He was the DC for San Fran, has a defensive background, and the defense performed pretty well over his tenure. The Jets signed a number of former Packers and brought in Hackett to lore Rodgers and/or make him more comfortable. Hackett and Rodgers are mostly responsible for the offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He was the DC for San Fran, has a defensive background, and the defense performed pretty well over his tenure. The Jets signed a number of former Packers and brought in Hackett to lore Rodgers and/or make him more comfortable. Hackett and Rodgers are mostly responsible for the offense.
I think the Jets have something like the #3 Defense right now. I don't think Saleh is the answer but firing him and not Hackett is comically bad decision making. Bringing in Rogers' preferred players was dumb as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom