The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread

Reaction Score
I’ll try to be as positive as I can. That third drive for a td was as good a drive as I can recall in years and there were a couple throws I don’t know I’ve ever seen a Jets qb make.

That said they got punched in the mouth by a better team missing CMC and with a rusty Aiyuk. Hard not to feel it’s the same ol’ Jets this morning.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll try to be as positive as I can. That third drive for a td was as good a drive as I can recall in years and there were a couple throws I don’t know I’ve ever seen a Jets qb make.

That said they got punched in the mouth by a better team missing CMC and with a rusty Aiyuk. Hard not to feel it’s the same ol’ Jets this morning.
They didn't look good. That's on Salah in my opinion. There's limited pre-season now and some teams just don't look regular season ready. Probably should have played the starters more in pre-season. Should be a tough practice week.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They didn't look good. That's on Salah in my opinion. There's limited pre-season now and some teams just don't look regular season ready. Probably should have played the starters more in pre-season. Should be a tough practice week.
I do wonder it this was the issue. The team didn’t seem ready to play a good team. Also they played less talented teams in joint practices..and only for one day each time.

Sure the Jets started the season very healthy…but they didn’t seem prepared.

But…it’s a long season,.

Reaction Score
I heard this morning that this was the lowest week for scoring and passing in almost 2 decades and they think it's because the starters don't play in any preseason games anymore. Rodgers hadn't played more than 4 plays in an NFL in 600 and something days. I don't know. The Jets fan in me feels a lot worse today than I did 24 hours ago.

Reaction Score
I heard this morning that this was the lowest week for scoring and passing in almost 2 decades and they think it's because the starters don't play in any preseason games anymore. Rodgers hadn't played more than 4 plays in an NFL in 600 and something days. I don't know. The Jets fan in me feels a lot worse today than I did 24 hours ago.
The first 2-3 weeks of the NFL season are bad football now, and it's only gonna get worse when the preseason gets cut down again to 2 games

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nothing replaces getting hit. Veterans, especially QBs, need some live reps against opposing defenses. Teams are forbidden from wearing pads everyday and while joint practices give different looks and help the coordinators, QBs are still paper mache, in bubble wrap and defensive players need go 75% and pull up before making a play.

Reaction Score
Didn't think they were going to win this game, but thought it would be more competitive. Next three weeks are telling. Three not very good teams (Titans, Broncos and Pats) and they should win all three handily. If not, Bob Saleh's seat is an inferno and I will start worrying.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Didn't think they were going to win this game, but thought it would be more competitive. Next three weeks are telling. Three not very good teams (Titans, Broncos and Pats) and they should win all three handily. If not, Bob Saleh's seat is an inferno and I will start worrying.
I don’t think they need to win “handily”. these are NFL teams…not FCS teams. Titans are not an easy out…and who knows that the Pats are capable of.

I would be very happy if they won all 3…but I hope for at least 2.

But…I do worry about Saleh’s capabilities to get this team ready.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they need to win “handily”. these are NFL teams…not FCS teams. Titans are not an easy out…and who knows that the Pats are capable of.

I would be very happy if they won all 3…but I hope for at least 2.

But…I do worry about Saleh’s capabilities to get this team ready.
Will Levis was awful last week. 19/32 for 127 with 1 TD and 2 INT (one INT was abysmal). If the Jets defense is all it's cracked up to be, they have their way with the Titans offense this week.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Will Levis was awful last week. 19/32 for 127 with 1 TD and 2 INT (one INT was abysmal). If the Jets defense is all it's cracked up to be, they have their way with the Titans offense this week.
Titans defense didn’t give up an offensvive touchdown last week…and Callahan is a good coach. This will also be their home opener.

I do think the Jets will be highly motivated this week…especially the defense.

I think the Jets win…but not ”handily”

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting that Hackett is still the OC. I was hoping Rodgers would just override his bad play calls…but so far in this game it’s an uninspired plan. And the defense looks bad.

Something is missing with this team…they seem to play tight. And that’s on the coach.

Oh…and the penalties.

Hopefully they get a turnover or something to give them a spark.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting that Hackett is still the OC. I was hoping Rodgers would just override his bad play calls…but so far in this game it’s an uninspired plan. And the defense looks bad.

Something is missing with this team…they seem to play tight. And that’s on the coach.

Oh…and the penalties.

Hopefully they get a turnover or something to give them a spark.
Well..they got some turnovers and things have gotten better.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Well..they pulled it out…it still was a poor game offensively…but I think the Titans D is pretty good.

If Jermaine Johnson and/or Mosley’s injuries are serious….that is very bad news. And whats up with Reed? That was out of left field.

The Johnson injury is exactly what Reddick was looking for. It will be interesting to see how Douglas handles this.

Reaction Score
Well..they pulled it out…it still was a poor game offensively…but I think the Titans D is pretty good.

If Jermaine Johnson and/or Mosley’s injuries are serious….that is very bad news. And whats up with Reed? That was out of left field.

The Johnson injury is exactly what Reddick was looking for. It will be interesting to see how Douglas handles this.
McDonald played the best game of his career with three sacks. If he steps up then the loss of JJ is lessened a bit. Still hurts though. The defense is definitely worse than last year, perhaps substantially, but holding a team to 17 pts is a good thing. Injuries are a fact of the NFL, but the good teams are able to handle them. Will see what Bob and Jeff do.

That TD drive in the 4th was vintage Rodgers. That's what we brought him in to do. Braelon Allen may be the steal of the draft. He is a stud.

Reaction Score
1) I've now watched Rodgers direct 3 drives over the first 2 games that are on another level from what we're used to as Jets fans. Glass half full, that's after almost 20 months without actual game action and should get even better.

2) I still feel very shaky about Saleh, even shakier about Saleh + Hackett.

3) If they want to tip the scales there, they need a decisive win Thursday. Short week, home game after 2 road starts, long time rival that we've waited for the post-TB/BB era for decades on. Through the first 2 games:

Brissett:
15/24 for 121, 0 TD, 0 INT
15/27 for 149, 1 TD, 0 INT
Game 1 leading WR - 2 rec, 31 yds
Game 2 leading WR - 2 rec, 9 yds

With the corners the Jets have and the lack of talent/targets to the WRs, this game is simple. Stop Stevenson. Brissett is not a passer and not really a rusher. He's the 3rd lowest in pass yds per game behind only Bryce Young and Caleb Williams.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
1) I've now watched Rodgers direct 3 drives over the first 2 games that are on another level from what we're used to as Jets fans. Glass half full, that's after almost 20 months without actual game action and should get even better.

2) I still feel very shaky about Saleh, even shakier about Saleh + Hackett.

3) If they want to tip the scales there, they need a decisive win Thursday. Short week, home game after 2 road starts, long time rival that we've waited for the post-TB/BB era for decades on. Through the first 2 games:

Brissett:
15/24 for 121, 0 TD, 0 INT
15/27 for 149, 1 TD, 0 INT
Game 1 leading WR - 2 rec, 31 yds
Game 2 leading WR - 2 rec, 9 yds

With the corners the Jets have and the lack of talent/targets to the WRs, this game is simple. Stop Stevenson. Brissett is not a passer and not really a rusher. He's the 3rd lowest in pass yds per game behind only Bryce Young and Caleb Williams.
I agree on all points…especially on coaching and Rodgers just getting better.

The big concern is run defense…hopefully Mosly can play Thursday.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
4 minutes left….great team effort.

Considering they have played 3 games in 10 days…i am amazed how well they are playing. I was worried about the run defense…Ulbrich has made adjustments. McDonald cotinues to shine.

Rodgers was impressive…he looks very sharp.

Can’t say anything but good things about this game.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Congrats Jets. You finally saw the team I think you expected. Rogers was masterful. Just beating the pressure with perfect balls over and over again. Vintage stuff from him. The OL opened holes against a Pats team nobody else could run on so far. Braelon Allen may take Breece Hall's job.

Reaction Score
4 minutes left….great team effort.

Considering they have played 3 games in 10 days…i am amazed how well they are playing. I was worried about the run defense…Ulbrich has made adjustments. McDonald cotinues to shine.

Rodgers was impressive…he looks very sharp.

Can’t say anything but good things about this game.
I don’t know what this weird feeling is. I think it might be something like hope????

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don’t know what this weird feeling is. I think it might be something like hope????
What sucks….is all i can think about is what is going to go wrong? I want to be optimistic and have hope…but the past won’t let me. What a sad way to be a fan…lol.

Reaction Score
What sucks….is all i can think about is what is going to go wrong? I want to be optimistic and have hope…but the past won’t let me. What a sad way to be a fan…lol.
No kidding. With the Mets and the Jets I am dying to be happy and I can’t. LOL. Pathetic.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Mocking a mutual enemy
461104123_966813605460776_2354867774196527310_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I used to hate the Dolphins…back in the Marino days…but now I dislike the BIlls more.

Of course I hate the Patriots the most ;)
I'm in the same exact boat. Marino and Jeter are my all time most hated athletes. I can't stand the Bills fans. I am all for rowdy, fun tailgates...but I feel like Bills and Eagles fans are . Especially the Bills, who have stunk for so long and just use the games to be a bunch of drunken hillbillies.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I used to hate the Dolphins…back in the Marino days…but now I dislike the BIlls more.

Of course I hate the Patriots the most ;)
I'm in the same exact boat. Marino and Jeter are my all time most hated athletes. I can't stand the Bills fans. I am all for rowdy, fun tailgates...but I feel like Bills and Eagles fans are . Especially the Bills, who have stunk for so long and just use the games to be a bunch of drunken hillbillies.
For Pats fans, it was the Dolphins in the 70's and then the 80s. Didn't hate the Jets until Parcells went there, you tried to hire Bill, did hire Mangini etc. That drove the bad blood. Everyone hates Eagles fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom