Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some other numbers...

247 updated rankings
Adams #53 overall, 4 star (not sure why he dropped this low from #32)

Rivals (last updated Oct. 22 2014)
Adams #25 overall, 5 star
Enoch #60 overall, 4 star

ESPN
Adams #24 overall, 4 star
Enoch #99 overall, 4 star

**247 has us with the 20th best recruiting class as of now. If we can get Stone/Dorsey (BIG if), this will be a top 5-7 class in the nation.
There are 2 rankings on 247, composite and 247 specific. Adams had always been in the 50's on the 247 specific rankings. He is still number 32 in the composite rankings. Enoch is up to 65 in the composite, 35 in the 247 rankings.

Reaction Score
Well nobody was complaining on this thread, so thanks for bringing it up. I don't get too upset or excited about recruiting because we've had such mixed results. Some of our highest rated recruits flamed out, and then we get "average" (relatively speaking) recruits that have been integral parts of national championship teams.

That said, I think the ideal situation for UConn is to have a mix of both. We always want the best talent in our backyard, and we always want to land one or two top kids regardless of where they are from. You're going to lose more recruiting battles than you win, I think many forget that.

caw

Reaction Score
Well nobody was complaining on this thread, so thanks for bringing it up. I don't get too upset or excited about recruiting because we've had such mixed results. Some of our highest rated recruits flamed out, and then we get "average" (relatively speaking) recruits that have been integral parts of national championship teams.

That said, I think the ideal situation for UConn is to have a mix of both. We always want the best talent in our backyard, and we always want to land one or two top kids regardless of where they are from. You're going to lose more recruiting battles than you win, I think many forget that.

I'm sorry, youre right, I should have just bumped an older thread where people were complaining about recruiting, there are enough of them.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
But understand, UConn was always the frontrunner. Enoch had the Huskies in his eyes and nothing was going to change that view.

I really could've done without reading this. Feeds the narrative that Ollie didn't put in work to secure this class. Reading it on the BY is enough, it shouldn't be permeating the media.

Otherwise, surprisingly not-atrocious piece by Koonz.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really could've done without reading this. Feeds the narrative that Ollie didn't put in work to secure this class. Reading it on the BY is enough, it shouldn't be permeating the media.

can you show where in the article it said that?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
can you show where in the article it said that?

I quoted it in my above post, but here it is emboldened and italicized.

"
After a breakout summer camp performance last year in California, Enoch saw his world -- and his options -- go viral. Suddenly, the offers came from UConn, Providence, Boston College, Rhode Island, Memphis and others.

But understand, UConn was always the frontrunner. Enoch had the Huskies in his eyes and nothing was going to change that view. All that was missing was an upgrade in competition, the kind of schedule offered by St. Thomas More.

The remote prep school in eastern Connecticut is anything but Norwalk High. There are classes, a campus and precious little else at St. Thomas More, UConn's longtime incubator for incoming talent.

"

Reaction Score
This class is not close to done being secured and I'm quite sure they are working night and day on this so KO not putting work in is crazy talk just because Enoch wanted us. And one other thing, after watching some of the performances fall short don't you think they want to get as much insurance as they can for next year? Don't know who we'll get but it won't be because of effort I'm convinced.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I quoted it in my above post, but here it is emboldened and italicized.

"
After a breakout summer camp performance last year in California, Enoch saw his world -- and his options -- go viral. Suddenly, the offers came from UConn, Providence, Boston College, Rhode Island, Memphis and others.

But understand, UConn was always the frontrunner. Enoch had the Huskies in his eyes and nothing was going to change that view. All that was missing was an upgrade in competition, the kind of schedule offered by St. Thomas More.

The remote prep school in eastern Connecticut is anything but Norwalk High. There are classes, a campus and precious little else at St. Thomas More, UConn's longtime incubator for incoming talent.

"
ok what are you saying? really don't get what you're saying about ollie not securing the class? that bc a recruit wants to go to uconn ollie has to offer them?

Reaction Score
I don't see the downside of players wanting to come to UConn. It is the most ridiculous knock on our recruiting that keeps coming up on this board. We need more who have UConn as their dream school. And if most come from New England or NYC who cares.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't see the downside of players wanting to come to UConn. It is the most ridiculous knock on our recruiting that keeps coming up on this board. We need more who have UConn as their dream school. And if most come from New England or NYC who cares.
there's no downside for a player wanting to come to uconn... it's that if the player hasnt developed yet to the point that he can play in the next level and the coaching staff sees red flags

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep.

It's now a negative that UConn has a program that players aspire to go to. It would be a better if no one wanted to come to UConn and the staff had to expend energy convincing everyone that they should come to a school they don't want to be.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

WTF are you talking about? The only thing you should worry about in that whole article is the lead photograph showing Enoch comitting a Brimah-like reaching foul going for a block!

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
ok what are you saying? really don't get what you're saying about ollie not securing the class? that bc a recruit wants to go to uconn ollie has to offer them?

I'm saying that I think it's bullshit that Ollie didn't put in the work. I am not one of the posters who thinks that this class doesn't count as a strong effort simply because they may have been uconn leans. I'm disappointed that Koonz didn't give the staff credit and chose to perpetuate the myth that Enoch was going here no matter what.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Exactly. Go to the football forum and they're arguing the opposite.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm saying that I think it's bull that Ollie didn't put in the work. I am not one of the posters who thinks that this class doesn't count as a strong effort simply because they may have been uconn leans. I'm disappointed that Koonz didn't give the staff credit and chose to perpetuate the myth that Enoch was going here no matter what.
Got it. Your beef is with Koonz and not KO. Wasn't clear in your first post.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Exactly. Go to the football forum and they're arguing the opposite.
UConn basketball and UConn football are two completely different animals on opposite sides of the spectrum, they literally cant be in the same sentence as each other.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
UConn basketball and UConn football are two completely different animals on opposite sides of the spectrum, they literally cant be in the same sentence as each other.
LOL yeah that's a good summary.
Funny the two divergent comments to my statement.

Talent is talent. I don't care where they come from. Get great players. There will be years local kids go elsewhere and all we can get is talent from other states. I can guarantee you this forum will have more than one poster start to question why can't we recruit locally. Recruiting goes through cycles.

There is a lot of bb and football talent in the NY and NE area. If we are protecting home turf, that isn't a small accomplishment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny the two divergent comments to my statement.

Talent is talent. I don't care where they come from. Get great players. There will be years local kids go elsewhere and all we can get is talent from other states. I can guarantee you this forum will have more than one poster start to question why can't we recruit locally. Recruiting goes through cycles.

There is a lot of bb and football talent in the NY and NE area. If we are protecting home turf, that isn't a small accomplishment.

When you get a chance let me know how UConn football is protecting their home turf in recruiting, I'd love to see that argument.

The strawman you built is weak by even Boneyard standards.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gee............ a kid dies to go to UConn and some kill KO for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads