Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Danm I wish we had that P Nolan.
Now I would be worried about how good Stone is if that's what the competition is like in Wisc.
Imno we have that Phil Nolan (remember he did not improve). I keep posting these UConn player tapes because it shows how unreliable mixtapes are, yet opinions and projections are continually based on them. I posted TSams mixtapes in other threads, because this phenomena is killing objective responses, and increasing recruit expectations. Non 'one and done' freshman rarely produce at the level of expectations. DHam this season is about as good as you are going to get, and he's talented and special. For DHam to hold his own against bigger and experienced players is fantastic for us, yet he gets hammered for his errors here.

So now we have Jalen, who looks like Russell Westbrook in his mixtapes tapes yet he's playing against high school talent (not Div 1). He is not Boat and may be a year or two away, yet some may feel he will be so productive next year we won't miss a beat. Its just that seems to be an unfair expectation to put on him, before he even steps foot on campus.

As for Enoch why isn't the answer to the OP question simply be "we don't know"?

caw

Reaction Score
Imno we have that Phil Nolan (remember he did not improve). I keep posting these UConn player tapes because it shows how unreliable mixtapes are, yet opinions and projections are continually based on them. I posted TSams mixtapes in other threads, because this phenomena is killing objective responses, and increasing recruit expectations. Non 'one and done' freshman rarely produce at the level of expectations. DHam this season is about as good as you are going to get, and he's talented and special. For DHam to hold his own against bigger and experienced players is fantastic for us, yet he gets hammered for his errors here.

So now we have Jalen, who looks like Russell Westbrook in his mixtapes tapes yet he's playing against high school talent (not Div 1). He is not Boat and may be a year or two away, yet some may feel he will be so productive next year we won't miss a beat. Its just that seems to be an unfair expectation to put on him, before he even steps foot on campus.

A lot of people just watched Adams dismantle two top tier high school prep teams not just mixtapes. He has a streaky shot and yes it's against high school players but he is very, very good. Anyone calling him Westbrook is going overboard though, I agree.

Reaction Score
I don't like to go by rankings too much for guys coming out of high school but 247 moved Enoch up to the 35th overall recruit in the class of 2015. None of the other bigs on our team were even in the top 100 besides Facey (98ish)

Reaction Score
I pray he's willing to out in the work. Bring his lunch pale everyday, even when nobody's looking. Not even the coaches. He does that all the comparisons to our typical bigs go away... He'll be exceptional from day one.

Reaction Score

Because that's no fun. They gotta be either Kemba or Darius Smith. What makes the Boneyard so enjoyable is the speculation, the arguments and the passion our posters have. You are right "we don't know" but that shouldn't stop us from having an opinion or thinking we know more than our fellow posters or the coaching staff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I pray he's willing to out in the work. Bring his lunch pale everyday, even when nobody's looking. Not even the coaches. He does that all the comparisons to our typical bigs go away... He'll be exceptional from day one.

I forgot who said it but I've always liked this quote. "Opportunity often looks a lot like hard work."

Reaction Score
He's deranged and at this hour, probably quite drunk.

You can't take what he says literally.

Not at all drunk, sick/flu so GFY.......and Quinn's overrated :oops:

Reaction Score
Not at all drunk, sick/flu so GFY..and Quinn's overrated :oops:

This years STM team has 2 players committed to a division 1 school (Uconn, Tulsa), They made it to the championship game of the NEPSAC, and Semifinal of the National Prep championship. Losing in a respectable manner to Brewster, a team with 8-9 division 1 committed players... Just let it rest its clear you have no clue about the NEPSAC.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I make no claims as to how what I saw in Enoch yesterday will translate to high-level D-1 play, but I certainly expected less before watching the stream based on the many comments about him as a "project." Yes, I wish Phil looked more like the mixtape within this thread, but I got a better overall sense from Enoch's game play.

Reaction Score
After seeing Enoch play in person 4 times, he makes me think of Brook Sales who played at Nova with a solid career. I think I say that based on the size, body type, game, and a sort of lope when he walks. He can make that 12 foot jump shot at the foul line that helps you beat zones, (like Giffey, Edwards, Adrien, Sales...), he has a stronger body now than Facey now, has agility, has a real strength with a 5 ft 1 hand jump hook/flip shot as a go to move, can make a 3 point shot in the flow of the game but will only soot 1-2 a game, and can hold his own on the boards with big players. Irrespective of his capable agility, he is defensively weak when players take him outside. They rise and fire before he reacts, or drive by him. He is not a rim protector type but does block shots. He seems like an aware team defender that gives ready help to his teammates hedging screens, switching, etc but like a lot of players, sometimes gets beat by his own man as a result of getting out of position helping. My guess as a freshman, 12-15 minutes, 5 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 block here and there, AND 1 assist because he will be our only big man passer.

Reaction Score
Because that's no fun. They gotta be either Kemba or Darius Smith. What makes the Boneyard so enjoyable is the speculation, the arguments and the passion our posters have. You are right "we don't know" but that shouldn't stop us from having an opinion or thinking we know more than our fellow posters or the coaching staff.

This board exploded with happiness when Darius Smith committed.

Reaction Score
It seems as if Phil has the skills to make a decent post move but what is limiting him? Is it the system that limits his touches? When do we see anyone get fed in the post? Doesn't seem confident out there. If he had more touches his confidence would increase and we might see a different Phil Nolan. But when you are the 7th option at best, you tend to hold back because it is not your job to take the shot.

Reaction Score
This years STM team has 2 players committed to a division 1 school (Uconn, Tulsa), They made it to the championship game of the NEPSAC, and Semifinal of the National Prep championship. Losing in a respectable manner to Brewster, a team with 8-9 division 1 committed players... Just let it rest its clear you have no clue about the NEPSAC.

Wow he made it that far with hand picked Divy 1 players and other I'm sure very talented kids - I'm impressed.

You're right I don't know squat but the cool thing is I can express my opinion and thay's pretty clear to me too!;)

Reaction Score
After seeing Enoch play in person 4 times, he makes me think of Brook Sales who played at Nova with a solid career. I think I say that based on the size, body type, game, and a sort of lope when he walks. He can make that 12 foot jump shot at the foul line that helps you beat zones, (like Giffey, Edwards, Adrien, Sales...), he has a stronger body now than Facey now, has agility, has a real strength with a 5 ft 1 hand jump hook/flip shot as a go to move, can make a 3 point shot in the flow of the game but will only soot 1-2 a game, and can hold his own on the boards with big players. Irrespective of his capable agility, he is defensively weak when players take him outside. They rise and fire before he reacts, or drive by him. He is not a rim protector type but does block shots. He seems like an aware team defender that gives ready help to his teammates hedging screens, switching, etc but like a lot of players, sometimes gets beat by his own man as a result of getting out of position helping. My guess as a freshman, 12-15 minutes, 5 pts, 4 rebounds, 1 block here and there, AND 1 assist because he will be our only big man passer.

Good one. I would sign up for that in a minute too. Nice player.

Reaction Score
It seems as if Phil has the skills to make a decent post move but what is limiting him? Is it the system that limits his touches? When do we see anyone get fed in the post? Doesn't seem confident out there. If he had more touches his confidence would increase and we might see a different Phil Nolan. But when you are the 7th option at best, you tend to hold back because it is not your job to take the shot.
I think wev'e all seen what happens when we feed our players inside (also known as the black hole). If we had a big who could make a move or two and score we'd have a 1/2 dozen more wins this year

Reaction Score
very impressive going from public school to stm and maintaining a solid GPA when competing athletically. Drummond won this award i believe as well

Reaction Score
Congrats to Enoch. Now with award comes big responsibilities (pun intended).

Reaction Score
FLV84BZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member