Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Let's hope he doesn't decommit and go to Yale.

Reaction Score
This is a player who will have an impact in year 1
You might be right but after seeing 80 per cent of his games this year i'm not certain.....he's very coachable and matured alot but he' still very young.....his biggest impact would be if he was utilized as a face the basket pf and could draw a big outside with his shot......his d especially inside has to improve or he would be a major liability...he needs 20 lbs. Of muscle or he'll be bodied down incessantly.....as i've said before 2 yrs and i think he'll be a major impact

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
best player in CT this year is Tommy Nolan. A bit undersized, but the kid can play!

So a Fairfield commit who's already agreed to redshirt his freshman year is better than Enoch? Come on...

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the best player in Connecticut is Mustapha Heron, a junior at sacred heart in Waterbury. The kid has game, athletic, winner and is jacked. He could be a McDonald's all American next year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
best player in CT this year is Tommy Nolan. A bit undersized, but the kid can play!
I'm pretty sure the best player in Connecticut is Mustapha Heron, a junior at sacred heart in Waterbury. The kid has game, athletic, winner and is jacked. He could be a McDonald's all American next year.
do they have the grades for this award?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
is it too early to pencil enoch in as the starting 4?
Yes.

he has great feet/lower body strength, looks to be a big time rim protector/rebounder in d1. monster upside
Also yes. Hopefully he knows how to use his strength to establish early, deep post position like Hasheem did back in the day.

Reaction Score
He's a quick-twitch, explosive big, which we haven't had since Drummond. I think he's going to struggle to produce next year, but he'll have a few games where he looks really, really good.

Reaction Score
He's a quick-twitch, explosive big, which we haven't had since Drummond. I think he's going to struggle to produce next year, but he'll have a few games where he looks really, really good.
Great point about quick twitch. If this kid works on his craft like Okafor did, sky is limit. So athletic.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

is it too early to pencil enoch in as the starting 4? he has great feet/lower body strength, looks to be a big time rim protector/rebounder in d1. monster upside

Call me a hater but I saw nothing special in that video. He just looks taller than everybody. I'll wait on the starting at the four thing until he gets on the court...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Call me a hater but I saw nothing special in that video. He just looks taller than everybody. I'll wait on the starting at the four thing until he gets on the court...
Hater. :) I think when you see a kid 6'10 with his size and athleticism it's ok to be excited. The height of the opposition doesn't effect those things. Hopefully he develops his basketball skill set and brings something to the table next year.

Reaction Score
Whats special? 360 windmills?

being tall (and coordinated) is like the most important thing in basketball, and majority of the players on the court vs him are d1 athletes ( or grown men)

I wont get too excited because he will have to catch up to the speed of d1 hoops though. Got to see how looks on the floor coached by ollie. he is an impressive rim runner

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
1. Being "big" is a useful basketball skill
2. He has good hands. That catch he makes on the run, snagging a bounce-pass from down around his knees, gathering and finishing? That's damn impressive
3. Watch how he extends when he finishes. Whether it's a lay-up or a jumper, his release point is way up there - hard to block. Compare that to, say, Phil
4. His body control looks pretty good. He doesn't just go straight up - he seems to know a bit about where the pressure is coming from.
5. He's got a big ole' butt, and seemed willing to use it to create post position.
6. He actually hit a couple of cutters with nice passes. I don't know if this is a regular feature of his game, but I really hope it is b/c Amida, Kentan, Phil & Rock combined for 25 assists this past season. Total.

It's a highlight video, which means that you can't put too much stock in everything you see. But to say he "just looks taller than everybody" is kind of selling the kid short. That catch, and the way he extends when he finishes, are incredibly promising.

And he's just 17.

Reaction Score
Honestly I didnt want to say the same thing because everyone was salivating over this mixtape. Normally mixtapes give me false expectation but I really dont think he will make an impact at all next year. I hope im wrong I know he will be making an impact his senior and junior year but not sure early on

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score

I was salivating over PN's mixtape.

I know we shouldn't have sky-high expectations for Enoch, but realistically he should be competing right away with PN and KF for the starting 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Let's remember this kid will only be 17 when he steps on campus. He's really young but he's got a world of ability. Steve is 4 yrs younger than Facey. It's going take some time but if he's motivated Steve will become another great husky.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If Lubin sheds his extra weight this summer, he would take a lot of pressure off of Enoch. Really hoping Rock comes back looking cut and scary so he and Enoch can be the bullies we've been lacking.

Reaction Score

He blew up at the Pangos AAU camp in Long Beach this summer, so there was top competition there. Also, he plays in the New England league that has Vermont Academy and Brewster in it, so he's playing top competitions. That Brewster team has Jalen Adams and commits to Louisville, Arizona, Marquette, Washington and Georgetown.

Reaction Score
He blew up at the Pangos AAU camp in Long Beach this summer, so there was top competition there. Also, he plays in the New England league that has Vermont Academy and Brewster in it, so he's playing top competitions. That Brewster team has Jalen Adams and commits to Louisville, Arizona, Marquette, Washington and Georgetown.
Yeah, I was actually very surprised to learn that he ended up averaging 15 points and 11 rebounds on the season.

Reaction Score
Where do you kids find your high school stats?
I got those averages from the Gatorade CT POTY release: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/03/steve-enoch-honored-amida-brimah-likely.html

UConn commit Steve Enoch was named the 2014-15 Gatorade Connecticut Boys Basketball Player of the Year. Enoch, from Norwalk, played this past season at St. Thomas More School.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound senior forward averaged 15 points and 11 rebounds per game this past season, leading the Chancellors (29-9) to the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council Class AAA semifinals. The state’s No.1 recruit in the Class of 2015 as rated by the New England Recruiting Report, Enoch scored 18 points with seven rebounds in an 83-76, come-from-behind victory over Vermont Academy at the Spaulding Hoophall Classic in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom