Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's raw. I am not worried. Young for his grade + a big. Maybe guards were gunning?

Excited about Steven and Jalen!!! Jalen = Ben Gordon II??? Ben one of my favorite Huskies ever!!!!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I was thinking more along the lines of Bipolar. And people Bipolar disorder have a legitimate excuse. Posters? Not so much.

What if you are a bipolar poster? Hmm.

Reaction Score
Enoch is a great pick up. Local kid, young, athletic, raw; he's going to be excellent. Who gives a rats how he's looked thus far? He's coming off an injury and is on a new team. I haven't seen T-More in ages, but when I did, they ran motion sets that heavily favored the guards. As a big man in those sets, you did not get many post up opps and risked getting murdered by Jere Quinn if you stepped out and took a J. When it mattered, when healthy on the summer circuit, he blew up.

Reaction Score
Enoch is a greatgh t no pick up. Local kid, young, athletic, raw; he's going to be excellent. Who gives a rats a how he's looked thus far? He's coming off an injury and is on a new team. I haven't seen T-More in ages, but when I did, they ran motion sets that heavily favored the guards. As a big man in those sets, you did not get many post up opps and risked getting murdered by Jere Quinn if you stepped out and took a J. When it mattered, when healthy on the summer circuit, he blew up.
Actually the motion offense they run will benefit him.......right now he's learning team ddefense and how to play with new teammates.........he's raw and very young but has some game includinf a nice touch out to the 3 pt line.....but he can't let a 175 pound kid post him up for a whole game......probably a redshirt year is best

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was thinking more along the lines of Bipolar. And people Bipolar disorder have a legitimate excuse. Posters? Not so much.
Are you inferring that our posters are NOT bipolar?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Please stop filling these threads up with posts with your thoughts about the thread itself.

As important as you may feel it is that we receive the benefit of your amateur psychology efforts, we're probably all better off if you keep them to yourself.

Reaction Score
Please stop filling these threads up with posts with your thoughts about the thread itself.

As important as you may feel it is that we receive the benefit of your amateur psychology efforts, we're probably all better off if you keep them to yourself.

Funny thing is that there really is no panicking or mood swings in this thread. It's pretty calm and rational, especially by Boneyard standards.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Me? That was a joke.

Reaction Score
Great to hear. He had some amazing games over the summer.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
@EvanDaniels: Steve Enoch now has multiple mid-range J's. Best I've ever seen him play. Has a lot of upside. Can help UConn next year.

@jeffborzello: Indeed. Has been a monster today. RT @EvanDaniels: Its night & day between todays viewing of Steve Enoch & the one I had in Nov.

Reaction Score
He had the good stat line and looked good, and in a lot of inside defensive matchups he was paired against a big body, (Mathias), at 6'11 at least 280, who was trying to back him down. He held his own. He had a couple jump hooks flipping the ball 4-5 feet over outstretched defenders, he had a foul line jumper, and several impressive dunks on rebounds. He runs well. I said in another thread that he reminds me a bit of Nakesha Sales brother Brooke Sales that played for Nova. I was real pleased with him. Keep in mind the flow of the game was extremely fast so how you look depends on the guards. Thon Maker was a pretty player with only 4 points or so until crunch time of his game if the guards aren't in flow with their bigs. Enoch was so comfortable in the flow from the first minute, I didn't realize I might be just catching his 'A' game. He took no plays off. But don't confuse good play with being a dominate big.

Reaction Score
He's much quicker and more mobile than I was expecting. I realize they are highlights but it's good to see he moves well and can knock down a jump hook. It looks like he will be able to contribute from day 1. We are in desperate need of another big behind Brimah and facey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom