Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
Some of the clowns on this board rooting for Kevin to fail are going to be sadly disappointed! I've felt all along that losing 3 players last year and his starting PG this year (again) along with the solid class coming in would give him another year. I might be wrong, but what DB said just reinforces my opinion.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hard to read anything into that. If Ollie is back, AD Dave needs to be fired as well.

Only way Ollie should be back is if we win the AAC tournament and make the NCAA tournament.

PS: Nothing about next year was mentioned.

AD Dave ain’t planning to be here much longer Than KO anyway.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately he has ignored so many good shooters and keeps going after the skinny, positionless guys who don’t shoot great.

I was close with Rich Pagliuca-Harold Presley's coach at St Bernard's-when JC was hired. He told me that JC loved recruiting athletes and making them basketball players and he would be great at UConn. KO I think has some of that in his recruiting-but needs more kids that can shoot.

Reaction Score
Either way we will know in the next couple days. No announcement before the AAC tournament IMO suggests he is gone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AD Dave is secret agent man when it comes to coaching decisions.

Just have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Yep a national championship, perfect academically and making $3M/ year. He has been bad the last two years but DB knows there are some things that have played a huge part in this. Some KOs fault but not all. I really think things will be much better next year w KO.

he completely squandered the opportunity to springboard off of the national championship. he got fat and happy and it's likely what will bite him in the end

Reaction Score
I don't see gross incompetence. I see a move to improve recruiting, kids that just played their asses off for him, improvement in a number of younger players, Jalen who would be much better if he didn't have to be primary ball handler, a couple transfers that I believe were influenced by injuries -Jackson knew he would play behind Larrier, not in his dads plan MAL who knew he'd be stuck behind Gilbert for at least a year maybe 2. Then Enoch who couldn't guard a rock. Durham frim what what I heard didn't work very hard.

So no not a friend or relative jyst a longtome fan, donor and s3ason ticket holder that feels he deserves one more year with a full team to prove himself. If he fails next year he should be gone. By then the investigation should be finished and maybe we don't bankrupt the university.

BTW yoi are not the first to pose the question about being his mom or other condescending comment you just were the tipping point
I am certainly not an Ollie defender.
I like Ollie and wanted to see him succeed. I just don't think he has the ability to make this program successful.
I get that others want to give him one more chance. My concern is that next year it will be something else.
The program is at a 40 year low. The trend is headed down, not up.
Ollie's biggest and most glaring weakness is getting a complete roster.
One has to wonder what Ollie saw in some of these playersplay what he's gonna do if he's back next season.

I will always be a UConn fan, but I have zero interest in watching this team compete for .500 for a third season.

Reaction Score
The lights are out. Benedict wouldn’t talk to KO the night before a game, if the plan is for him to be here next year. A donor step forward for a negotiated buyout a few weeks ago - Oz did not apparently realize it until last night.
You have a source?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, My power has been out the last few days. During the outage I was forced to actually read physical books rather than use my tablet. The book I picked up was Huskymania. At start of the book they discussed Dom Perno’s tenure. He started pretty strong, but lost the team in his last few seasons. I think that is where KO is at right now. It’s time for a change.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Or are they simply UConn fans?
Sure they are fans, but do they truly have UConn's best interest? Or are they enablers of continued poor play and a plummeting program. Because in last 2+ years this program has sunk to historic levels, but many wish to see more of the same. Sometimes you have to say enough is enough, and that starts with Ollie

Reaction Score
he completely squandered the opportunity to springboard off of the national championship. he got fat and happy and it's likely what will bite him in the end

There is truth to this but looking at the totality of the circumstances...

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I was close with Rich Pagliuca-Harold Presley's coach at St Bernard's-when JC was hired. He told me that JC loved recruiting athletes and making them basketball players and he would be great at UConn. KO I think has some of that in his recruiting-but needs more kids that can shoot.
Coach P grew up in that my family had some good athletes at Saint B's

Reaction Score
The lights are out. Benedict wouldn’t talk to KO the night before a game, if the plan is for him to be here next year. A donor step forward for a negotiated buyout a few weeks ago - Oz did not apparently realize it until last night.
There will be no buyout if Ollie is forced to resign and the University can show cause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom