Some quotes from Dave Benedict | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
If he's back he should say he is back because it would help Ollie recruit and (I assume) fire up the troops heading into the AAC tournament.

The fact that he did not say he is back tells me its TBD.
I would expect any decision would be made very shortly after the season ends for this reason.

Reaction Score
To me, it sounds like he’s gone. His quote saying that we have high standards/expectations that haven’t been met the last couple of seasons says it all for me. While he did give an excuse, to me it was more to put the fire on any rumors that it’s 100% set in stone in case we go on some sort of miracle run, but make no mistake about it, to me it seems like he’s gone. This meeting was probably the beginning of that process.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It sounds like he's back to me, too. And at risk of getting killed, I think it's the right call...
Not the right call whatsoever IMO. But I’m happy to hear why you think that.

Reaction Score
It sounds like he's back to me, too. And at risk of getting killed, I think it's the right call...
people are going to read into the quotes however they want. if you want him gone, you can spin it that he's gone. if you want him to stay, you can spin it that way too. I don't think we can afford to keep him and I won't be very excited for next season if he's back but whatever.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
people are going to read into the quotes however they want. if you want him gone, you can spin it that he's gone. if you want him to stay, you can spin it that way too. I don't think we can afford to keep him and I won't be very excited for next season if he's back but whatever.

I'm not spinning anything. There's no reason at all to bring up injuries if the decision is to let him go. You wouldn't downplay your own decision to let him go. Which means he didn't make that decision...

Reaction Score
I'm not spinning anything. There's no reason at all to bring up injuries if the decision is to let him go. You wouldn't downplay your own decision to let him go. Which means he didn't make that decision...
if he's not gone, why not announce that he's coming back? Benedict also said, again, that they will evaluate after the season.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I gave a player by player breakdown in another thread. The synopsis is that I believe the team is improving. And They're showing that today...
This is a hot take. I haven’t seen much improvement.

Houston’s also drunk with emotion today.

Reaction Score
Not accusing you of spinning anything, but concluding he's back (I know you said "sounds like", not "definitely is") is all speculation. I think general point is, we can all speculate one way or another based on those quotes. The only definitive thing he said in regards to Ollie's job (I think) is "Let's continue to evaluate. At the time the season is over that will be the appropriate time to start to look at all aspects of the program."

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This is a hot take. I haven’t seen much improvement.

Houston’s also drunk with emotion today.

Thanks for your approval.

I say it sounds like Ollie is staying, and multiple folks quickly race to engage me in dialogue. I didn't realize how important my opinions are to the board. With great power comes great responsibility, I guess...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Thanks for your approval.

I say it sounds like Ollie is staying, and multiple folks quickly race to engage me in dialogue. I didn't realize how important my opinions are to the board. With great power comes great responsibility, I guess...
Wasn’t asking for approval. You say outrageous stuff and people jump on it.

We’re all speculating about Ollie at this point. No one knows except Benedict - he’s deciding at the end of the season as he should so these quotes are probably meaningless.

Again, your opinions aren’t important and you’re not special. When you say outrageous things people ask why.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Wasn’t asking for approval. You say outrageous stuff and people jump on it.

We’re all speculating about Ollie at this point. No one knows except Benedict - he’s deciding at the end of the season as he should so these quotes are probably meaningless.

Again, your opinions aren’t important and you’re not special. When you say outrageous things people ask why.

Cool story, bro...

Reaction Score
You mean our AD actually thinks injuries matter? How can that be?

Silly man
If you think injuries are the only thing plaguing this program.... never mind.

At the end of the day, Ollie is responsible for recruiting enough talent where losing a freshman point guard and a transfer who averaged 4 points a game as a freshman isn't the end of your season in the AA C.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m going with no decision but with a coaching change lean. DB is laying the groundwork for mutually acceptable
Departure. JMHO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom